NOTE: Transmission of electronic applications to this law school will begin on 9/15/2011 1:00:00 AM. Please return to this page at that time to transmit your application.
Application Timeline: http://www.law.uchicago.edu/application-calendar
- September 1: Applicants may submit the application online through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) electronic application process
- December 1 : Application deadline for the Early Decision program
- Late December: Decisions released for Early Decision applicants
- December - March: Decisions released on a rolling basis for Regular Decision applicants; remember that we read applications in the order that they are completed
- January: Information on admitted student events, financial aid, housing, and other matters will be available on the Admitted Student Website (we will provide the log in and password to admitted students at the time of admission); Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA") is available
- February 1: Application deadline for Regular Decision applicants
- February - March: Scholarship decisions and student loan information emailed to applicants. Some named scholarships may not be announced until after admitted applicants have submitted their deposit and commitment to enroll at the University of Chicago Law School.
- March 1: FAFSA deadline for preliminary financial aid information (loans) from the Student Loan Administration
- April 7-9: Admitted Students Weekend
- Late April/Early May: Deadline for submitting a seat deposit (the specific date will vary from year to year)
Application Process: http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospective ... y/overview
- Application Form (Early Decision and Regular Decision)
- Complete Academic History (all Undergraduate and Graduate School Transcripts)
- Law School Admission Test
- Letters of Recommendation and Evaluation Services
- Personal Statement
- Application Fee ($75)
If we award a waiver after an applicant has applied & paid, they can request a refund within the current application cycle.
Chicago JD FAQ: http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospectives/jdfaq
Q: Do I need to list my High School in the Education section?
A: We do not require high school info in the education section.
JD Status Checker: http://www.law.uchicago.edu/prospectives/checkappstatus
Reference Threads for c/o 2014
Applicant Thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=129424
Reference Threads for c/o 2013
Applicant Thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=86227
Countdown Timer to first day that applications are accepted:
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/cus ... =00&p0=179
Chicago Decision Date Graph, 2009-2010:
Chicago Decision Dates, 2010-2011:
Decision Date Spreadsheet for Oct/Nov Apps:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... hcYN#gid=0
LSN 2011-2012 Cycle Applicants: http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants
LSN 2010-2011 Cycle Applicants: http://chicago.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants/1011/