SMU 2012

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gfj90
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby gfj90 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:32 pm

In via status checker! Updated 1/23 and was not ED.

User avatar
JRDallas11
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:03 am

Re: SMU 2012

Postby JRDallas11 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Not that anyone actually reads around here, but I edited my first post when starting this thread with the following info:

I very briefly clicked through last year's thread and wrote down the dates that people posted they were accepted/dinged. I could have very easily missed a couple dates but I would assume this will serve as a rough estimate for 2012.

Last week of January.
March 8th.
April 13th.
April 28th.
June 16th.
August 3rd.

Stay neurotic, my friends.

dwestgard
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby dwestgard » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm

In via status checker. Do they send scholarship info in the admit packet?

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: SMU 2012

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:05 pm

JRDallas11 wrote:Not that anyone actually reads around here, but I edited my first post when starting this thread with the following info:

I very briefly clicked through last year's thread and wrote down the dates that people posted they were accepted/dinged. I could have very easily missed a couple dates but I would assume this will serve as a rough estimate for 2012.

Last week of January.
March 8th.
April 13th.
April 28th.
June 16th.
August 3rd.

Stay neurotic, my friends.



Yeah....IDK if I'll be waiting that long. It's my only option in Dallas but I'm not sure if I prefer Dallas over Austin.

May give it a month, then I'll probably withdraw.

mooseman2216
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:21 am

Re: SMU 2012

Postby mooseman2216 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:10 pm

In via status checker! 1/23 update 3.6 166

wskbarrett
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby wskbarrett » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:36 pm

mooseman2216 wrote:In via status checker! 1/23 update 3.6 166


+1 , fingers crossed for scholly money soon

User avatar
adg156
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby adg156 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:41 pm

Just got a VM at 4:30PM (ET), so I'm assuming they're still making calls.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby citykitty » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:42 pm

In via status checker this afternoon. I was one of the people with the 1/23 update. Haven't gotten a phone call or email yet.

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby freaknroll » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:44 pm

citykitty wrote:In via status checker this afternoon. I was one of the people with the 1/23 update. Haven't gotten a phone call or email yet.


+1

User avatar
JRDallas11
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:03 am

Re: SMU 2012

Postby JRDallas11 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Just started this page for those admitted. Last year it got a little obnoxious when admitted folks started talking scholly $, housing, etc. when everyone else was waiting for an answer from the school.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=177307

btw384
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby btw384 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:55 pm

In via status checker. Finally.

defendthefort
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby defendthefort » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:24 pm

I'm ED, no update on the 23rd, but nothing updated yet today either way. Ah.

wedge35
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:59 am

Re: SMU 2012

Postby wedge35 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:32 pm

In via phone call this morning!

paulitico
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:21 am

Re: SMU 2012

Postby paulitico » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:38 pm

defendthefort wrote:I'm ED, no update on the 23rd, but nothing updated yet today either way. Ah.


Dude, this is too crazy.

Me too, the exact same thing.

They hate us.

defendthefort
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby defendthefort » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:39 pm

paulitico wrote:
defendthefort wrote:I'm ED, no update on the 23rd, but nothing updated yet today either way. Ah.


Dude, this is too crazy.

Me too, the exact same thing.

They hate us.


I'm hoping they hate us just enough to make us wait till later today.. but don't hate us enough to hold or reject us.

paulitico
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:21 am

Re: SMU 2012

Postby paulitico » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:41 pm

defendthefort wrote:
paulitico wrote:
defendthefort wrote:I'm ED, no update on the 23rd, but nothing updated yet today either way. Ah.


Dude, this is too crazy.

Me too, the exact same thing.

They hate us.


I'm hoping they hate us just enough to make us wait till later today.. but don't hate us enough to hold or reject us.


Agreed.

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: SMU 2012

Postby paul34 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:46 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cch24
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby cch24 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Admitted via status checker. Also got the call from UT today. Feeling the Texas love.

User avatar
wolf
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby wolf » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:00 pm

Admitted via status checker.

User avatar
hookem7
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby hookem7 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:03 pm

In via status checker today, had been updated 1/23 via the checker as well. No email for either. I'm pretty sure for those wondering that there is still some time before any scholarships are awarded.

ucbkenn
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby ucbkenn » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:14 pm

In today via status checker. Congrats everyone!

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: SMU 2012

Postby kalvano » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:Yeah....IDK if I'll be waiting that long. It's my only option in Dallas but I'm not sure if I prefer Dallas over Austin.

May give it a month, then I'll probably withdraw.



Wait, you're in at UT? Withdraw from SMU now. Go to UT.

Beachbum89
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am

Re: SMU 2012

Postby Beachbum89 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:34 pm

In via status checker today as well. Congrats to all!

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby emkay625 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:40 pm

In via status checker.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: SMU 2012

Postby swilson215 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:58 pm

hookem7 wrote:In via status checker today, had been updated 1/23 via the checker as well. No email for either. I'm pretty sure for those wondering that there is still some time before any scholarships are awarded.


Not really. An admit packet will follow within the next week or two, and that will have all of your scholarship information in it (if you get one).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, KatCoco, mmorrell94 and 16 guests