Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MyLegendLives

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MyLegendLives » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:27 pm

For those who've had KB1s: Did anyone get KB to say explicitly that the first decisions would still be coming the week of thanksgiving?

(sorry if this has already been asked)

dean159

Postby dean159 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:38 pm

MyLegendLives wrote:For those who've had KB1s: Did anyone get KB to say explicitly that the first decisions would still be coming the week of thanksgiving?

She mentioned to me that they would probably start making decisions around the end of the month.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:40 pm

dean159 wrote:
MyLegendLives wrote:For those who've had KB1s: Did anyone get KB to say explicitly that the first decisions would still be coming the week of thanksgiving?

She mentioned to me that they would probably start making decisions around the end of the month.

cryptic way of saying the week of the 28th instead of thanksgiving week?

InformationOverlord

Postby InformationOverlord » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Can anyone offer an explanation for the fact that I recently received an "Application Complete" email, even though my status checker said "Under Review" several _weeks_ ago?

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:19 am

InformationOverlord wrote:Can anyone offer an explanation for the fact that I recently received an "Application Complete" email, even though my status checker said "Under Review" several _weeks_ ago?

Read back in the thread and you will find the answer to this, but to save you time - its normal for this to happen or for the opposite to happen.

To those who've had their KB1 - If you answered the "Why Law" question in your PS, did she ask again anyhow or ask something more specific? I am wondering because I basically say how my past history has led me to law....

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 am

MumofCad wrote:To those who've had their KB1 - If you answered the "Why Law" question in your PS, did she ask again anyhow or ask something more specific? I am wondering because I basically say how my past history has led me to law....

Yeah, I had explained my interest in law in the PS, but still got this question, which was nice because I could go into more detail.

roguewave19

Postby roguewave19 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:48 am

I've been eagerly checking my email for a KB1 and JUST got my complete email even though I've been UR since 11/2.

Does this mean I'll have to wait a lot longer for a KB1?

curiouscat

Postby curiouscat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:08 pm

roguewave19 wrote:I've been eagerly checking my email for a KB1 and JUST got my complete email even though I've been UR since 11/2.

+1
and I got so excited when I saw the "from" address...
The email says, "As of today, your application is complete," and I've been UR since late Oct. Anyone know what this means?

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:10 pm

curiouscat wrote:
roguewave19 wrote:I've been eagerly checking my email for a KB1 and JUST got my complete email even though I've been UR since 11/2.

+1
The email says, "As of today, your application is complete," and I've been UR since late Oct. Anyone know what this means?

this happened to me...i ws under review for like 3 wks and then i got the app complete email....3 days after this i got my kb1 invite...idk what this is, but for me at least...the app complete email almost immedialty led to the kb1 email...so who knows..

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:31 pm

File us UR . . . not sure why, but this makes me insanely nervous.

Sh@keNb@ke

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:52 pm

thederangedwang wrote:
curiouscat wrote:

+1

this happened to me...i ws under review for like 3 wks and then i got the app complete email....3 days after this i got my kb1 invite...idk what this is, but for me at least...the app complete email almost immedialty led to the kb1 email...so who knows..

Submitted 10/27, went UR 11/2, and just got a complete email on 11/10. Here's to hoping the complete email leads to the KB1.

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Gah, looks like no KB1 email this week. Hopefully next week...

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Gah, looks like no KB1 email this week. Hopefully next week...

It seems like some should go out tomorrow. I know its a holiday for some, but it seems like the emails from early this week were for interviews this week. I imagine they'll set something up for Mon-Tues next week at some point this week...Otherwise they won't interview again till Thurs of next week with Mon emails again.

AntipodeanPhil

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:38 pm

MumofCad wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Gah, looks like no KB1 email this week. Hopefully next week...

It seems like some should go out tomorrow. I know its a holiday for some, but it seems like the emails from early this week were for interviews this week. I imagine they'll set something up for Mon-Tues next week at some point this week...Otherwise they won't interview again till Thurs of next week with Mon emails again.

I got a Monday morning interview in the last round of KB1s.

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:50 pm

MumofCad wrote:

Hmm, could be. Though I'm not holding my breath.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Yeah...at this point I'm thinking there must be something horribly wrong with my application? Multiple typos? Was my PS offensive? Not so much because of Harvard but because I haven't heard anything from Michigan or UVA...
Last edited by Curious1 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Curious1 wrote:

Yeah...at this I'm thinking there must be something horribly wrong with my application? Multiple typos? Was my PS offensive? Not so much because of Harvard but because I haven't heard anything from Michigan or UVA...

But you already heard back from Duke, right? Though, I guess they'll accept anything with numbers above its medians as long as it moves.

Curious1

Postby Curious1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Curious1 wrote:

Yeah...at this I'm thinking there must be something horribly wrong with my application? Multiple typos? Was my PS offensive? Not so much because of Harvard but because I haven't heard anything from Michigan or UVA...

But you already heard back from Duke, right? Though, I guess they'll accept anything with numbers above its medians as long as it moves.

Yeah exactly. I'm tempted to call Duke and ask them what they thought of my application...

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Curious1 wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Curious1 wrote:

Yeah exactly. I'm tempted to call Duke and ask them what they thought of my application...

Haha, I think we're jumping the gun a little bit here. It's a bit discouraging not hearing anything, but no need for panic quite yet.

freestallion

Postby freestallion » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Curious1 wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Curious1 wrote:

Well I mean they could also be YPing you since your numbers are really high. Did you write Why M/V? Either way, I think you're in good shape and you should be fine! It's far too early to start worrying! Although I may be a bit of a hypocrite because I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm never getting Harvard. I have multiple LSAT scores too, so it was probably an impossible dream.

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Curious1 wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Curious1 wrote:

I'm am sure this is not the case! If you want, you could always ask people to look over your PS to alleviate your worries and if mistakes are found, you could email an updated copy. All the schools allow this.

Englander742

Postby Englander742 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Curious1 wrote:

Ouch. I was Priority Reserve at Duke, but I'm in at UVA and Cornell.

spek

Postby spek » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Just had my KB1. Was very nervous but hope it went well. Lasted about 6 mins long and got the "why law", "why Harvard" and "what are you up to" questions. I also asked about the decision timeline and she said they try to get you a decision within 2 months of going complete. They will start giving decisions by the end of this month but the bulk will come in spring.

And now we wait...=S

heavy

Postby heavy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Hey everybody

sorry for a question which will probably seem obvious to everyone, but i just submitted on tuesday, and my status now says application received.

Is this the normal status before complete? any idea how long it takes to move on to that stage?

Thanks, and best of luck to all

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 pm

heavy wrote:Hey everybody

sorry for a question which will probably seem obvious to everyone, but i just submitted on tuesday, and my status now says application received.

Is this the normal status before complete? any idea how long it takes to move on to that stage?

Thanks, and best of luck to all

Yep, that's normal. Mine went "under review" a week after it went complete.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”