Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Hawkeye Pierce

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:50 pm

jim-green wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:So, does anyone know the answer to this? If you submitted early (e.g., September) and don't get a JR1 email with this first set, does that mean you're pretty much on the road to WL or Rejection?
When did you submit / go complete?

Submitted 9-15 and went Complete 10-13.

spek

Postby spek » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 pm

aperfectmap wrote:KB/JR 1 on Monday after work. Got the email around 8 Pacific.

Congrats! When did you submit?

A couple of my numbers twins have gotten interviews so I'm going to be anxious all day...

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Can we send Letters of Continued "I Love You and You're Still My Dream School" in hopes of getting a JR1?

jim-green

Postby jim-green » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:57 pm

?
Last edited by jim-green on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:59 pm

A very negative thought just occured to me...maybe they r sending out emails to people they wanna waitlist first :( cuz my stats aren't that impressive for harvard. And so far nobody else that's gotten it is a 175+ 4.0 candidate...so maybe all these emails r for eventual waitlists????

Andybody wit really good stats get one yet? This could ease ma fears a bit

aperfectmap

Postby aperfectmap » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:00 pm

spek wrote:
aperfectmap wrote:KB/JR 1 on Monday after work. Got the email around 8 Pacific.

Congrats! When did you submit?

A couple of my numbers twins have gotten interviews so I'm going to be anxious all day...

Thanks!

Submitted 10/2, complete 10/13. Thought this was a hell of a long shot. I'm not an auto-admit by any measure.

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:00 pm

thederangedwang wrote:A very negative thought just occured to me...maybe they r sending out emails to people they wanna waitlist first :( cuz my stats aren't that impressive for harvard. And so far nobody else that's gotten it is a 175+ 4.0 candidate...so maybe all these emails r for eventual waitlists????

I highly doubt that. Why would they waste their time with all these interviews if they knew they were just going to waitlist you?

jim-green

Postby jim-green » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:06 pm

thederangedwang wrote:A very negative thought just occured to me...maybe they r sending out emails to people they wanna waitlist first :( cuz my stats aren't that impressive for harvard. And so far nobody else that's gotten it is a 175+ 4.0 candidate...so maybe all these emails r for eventual waitlists???? Andybody wit really good stats get one yet? This could ease ma fears a bit
Could be true. They interview 1200, accept 800 and waitlist 400. So those 400 could be at the beginning.

amc987

Postby amc987 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:I highly doubt that. Why would they waste their time with all these interviews if they knew they were just going to waitlist you?

THIS. There's no way that Harvard interviews the majority of the people who get wait listed, and the adcomms definitely wouldn't decide to use the first round of phone interviews to talk to people they had already classified as borderline. The interviewees are people who submitted their applications early that Harvard LOVED. I'm sure that there will be more rounds of JR/KB1s, so people shouldn't get too down about not receiving one yet.

Congrats to everyone who got interviews today!!!

icedflames

Postby icedflames » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:A very negative thought just occured to me...maybe they r sending out emails to people they wanna waitlist first :( cuz my stats aren't that impressive for harvard. And so far nobody else that's gotten it is a 175+ 4.0 candidate...so maybe all these emails r for eventual waitlists????

I highly doubt that. Why would they waste their time with all these interviews if they knew they were just going to waitlist you?

I thought the interviews were an attempt to push through slightly lower number individuals while filtering out the crazies with high numbers

Schola

Postby Schola » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:11 pm

For what it is worth, I got one and I would say that I have a decent shot at HLS w/ my numbers, although by no means an auto-admit. 3.8x and high 170s, so not quite a splitter since my GPA is above the 25th percentile although LSAT is above 75th.
Last edited by Schola on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jim-green

Postby jim-green » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:12 pm

icedflames wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:A very negative thought just occured to me...maybe they r sending out emails to people they wanna waitlist first :( cuz my stats aren't that impressive for harvard. And so far nobody else that's gotten it is a 175+ 4.0 candidate...so maybe all these emails r for eventual waitlists???? Andybody wit really good stats get one yet? This could ease ma fears a bit
I thought the interviews were an attempt to push through slightly lower number individuals while filtering out the crazies with high numbers
That's exactly what they told us at the Friday information session at HLS last month that I went to.

m3taphysician

Postby m3taphysician » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:16 pm

Did anyone here who submitted after October scores get an interview?

jim-green

Postby jim-green » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Last edited by jim-green on Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Sorry! Had to step out for a meeting and I'll be on my phone for work for the next week when (and if) I have internet access. Of course, interview invites would go out as soon as I'm off-line. :roll: I'll try to use my phone to check in though! Its actively draining my battery as we speak.

Anyhow, I see there seems to be interest in my status so I'll pop in:

1) No JR/KB interview invite

2) No access to AS on Michigan's site

3) Yale refuses to even acknowledge I applied with everyone else last week

So either some should take heart, or I should be discouraged. Not sure which, but I'm choosing to just be ambivalent. Surely someone will have me lol!

Good luck to everyone with their interviews next week! I look forward to hearing how well you all did when I get back!

And I don't think my numbers are auto-admit, I think LSP has me as "strong consider" at H and Y, but I guess I am just above LSAT median and 75th GPA - *Shrugs* There has to be someone with better numbers than me on here to gauge by...

freestallion

Postby freestallion » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:27 pm

MumofCad wrote:Sorry! Had to step out for a meeting and I'll be on my phone for work for the next week when (and if) I have internet access. Of course, interview invites would go out as soon as I'm off-line. :roll: I'll try to use my phone to check in though! Its actively draining my battery as we speak.

So either some should take heart, or I should be discouraged. Not sure which, but I'm choosing to just be ambivalent. Surely someone will have me lol!

Good luck to everyone with their interviews next week! I look forward to hearing how well you all did when I get back!

And I don't think my numbers are auto-admit, I think LSP has me as "strong consider" at H and Y, but I guess I am just above LSAT median and 75th GPA - *Shrugs* There has to be someone with better numbers than me on here to gauge by...

Wow, I'm really surprised by this Mum... I am sure you'll get into these schools sooner than later, but strange that you haven't gotten into Mich/KB1s. Maybe they're all too intimidated by your awesomeness :mrgreen:

annyong

Postby annyong » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:27 pm

MumofCad wrote:Sorry! Had to step out for a meeting and I'll be on my phone for work for the next week when (and if) I have internet access. Of course, interview invites would go out as soon as I'm off-line. :roll: I'll try to use my phone to check in though! Its actively draining my battery as we speak.

We are in exactly the same boat, except Yale acknowledged my application. I have also not heard anything from UVA - I'm having like minor crises with "NO ONE LOVES ME" feeling, but yes, I am aware that's just irrational emotions :mrgreen:

Hopeful13

Postby Hopeful13 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:28 pm

What does JR1 mean? Actually could someone define all this terminology that is used?

annyong

Postby annyong » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Hopeful13 wrote:What does JR1 mean? Actually could someone define all this terminology that is used?

See page 1. It's a phone interview.

ignatiusr

Postby ignatiusr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:31 pm

I don't think anything about the history of H admissions would suggest this. It is true that people with great but not necessarily auto-admit stats were offered interviews this morning, but this would only be relevant if a meaningful # of early applicants with clear auto-admit stats did not receive offers. Borderline candidates require more sustained consideration than other applicants, so it would seem strange to interview these people first, then confuse the issue by adding a layer of presumptive admits to the pile. It sounds much more efficient to clear the admits out of the stack first, then address the WLs. Previous H cycles seem to reflect this approach.

That being said, I received a KB1 this morning (slightly above LSAT median, slightly above GPA 75th, UR mid-Oct.), so I have a vested interest in perceiving these KB1s as a positive sign.

MyLegendLives

Postby MyLegendLives » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:34 pm

ignatiusr wrote:

I don't think anything about the history of H admissions would suggest this. It is true that people with great but not necessarily auto-admit stats were offered interviews this morning, but this would only be relevant if a meaningful # of early applicants with clear auto-admit stats did not receive offers. Borderline candidates require more sustained consideration than other applicants, so it would seem strange to interview these people first, then confuse the issue by adding a layer of presumptive admits to the pile. It sounds much more efficient to clear the admits out of the stack first, then address the WLs. Previous H cycles seem to reflect this approach.

That being said, I received a KB1 this morning (slightly above LSAT median, slightly above GPA 75th, UR mid-Oct.), so I have a vested interest in perceiving these KB1s as a positive sign.

+++1

vincanity1

Postby vincanity1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:37 pm

When waitlist interview invites go out, I'll be sure to let you guys know :p

jim-green

Postby jim-green » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:38 pm

vincanity1 wrote:When waitlist interview invites go out, I'll be sure to let you guys know :p
Thanks, much appreciated.

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:46 pm

vincanity1 wrote:When waitlist interview invites go out, I'll be sure to let you guys know :p

Haha, I second this :)

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:47 pm

Seems like it's pretty safe to say they aren't going to be sending out anymore emails today

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”