Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
planeride
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby planeride » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:10 pm

GAAAAAH...

Do we know if these are going to be sent out all day or just in one short burst?

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:12 pm

MyLegendLives wrote:YES! INTERVIEW WEDNESDAY!!!! Unbelievable.


Congratss! This is making me SO anxious!

User avatar
rotaxkarter
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby rotaxkarter » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Curious1 wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Oh! Who won the bet? Did anybody call Nov 3rd for first emails? :P


YES I DID!!!!!!


Haha, great call Curious1!

Congrats to everyone so far!

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thederangedwang » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Just got mine as well. Check my profile for numbers

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby vincanity1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Gotta say I'm heartbroken, but you guys are awesome and I'm really pumped for you

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 pm

thederangedwang wrote:Just got mine as well. Check my profile for numbers


Congrats! Any chance you can post when the email was sent? I ask because I don't know if they come out in one batch or throughout the day/week.

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:18 pm

vincanity1 wrote:Gotta say I'm heartbroken, but you guys are awesome and I'm really pumped for you


Why heartbroken?

MyLegendLives
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MyLegendLives » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:19 pm

vincanity1 wrote:Gotta say I'm heartbroken, but you guys are awesome and I'm really pumped for you



WHAT! It's only noon (EST). I'm sure plenty more will be sent in the next two days.

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby vincanity1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Curious1 wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:Gotta say I'm heartbroken, but you guys are awesome and I'm really pumped for you


Why heartbroken?


haha, losing faith pretty quickly considering I sent the app in like 20 mins after it opened. It would've taken some serious quasi-URM love or something special to push me over the top, especially for this first batch. Fact is, you guys are well on your way to being Harvard men and women soon. Badass.

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:22 pm

vincanity1 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:Gotta say I'm heartbroken, but you guys are awesome and I'm really pumped for you


Why heartbroken?


haha, losing faith pretty quickly considering I sent the app in like 20 mins after it opened. It would've taken some serious quasi-URM love or something special to push me over the top, especially for this first batch. Fact is, you guys are well on your way to being Harvard men and women soon. Badass.


They're takign the first batch, not the first submitters. And your numbers are amazing with URM status.

User avatar
Justdoingmybest
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Justdoingmybest » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Happy for all those that got their interviews!!

I have a question though, for those who submitted later (after the Oct Lsat was released but before halloween), does this mean that we missed the first batch and have to wait till next year (or after thanksgiving). I'm not sure if anyone can answer this but if anyone has an opinion i'll love to hear it! Thanks

User avatar
Justdoingmybest
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Justdoingmybest » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:25 pm

vincanity1 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:Gotta say I'm heartbroken, but you guys are awesome and I'm really pumped for you


Why heartbroken?


haha, losing faith pretty quickly considering I sent the app in like 20 mins after it opened. It would've taken some serious quasi-URM love or something special to push me over the top, especially for this first batch. Fact is, you guys are well on your way to being Harvard men and women soon. Badass.



Lol, you sound like you have given up hope already. its just been an hours. I promise you, i'm almost sure you will hear from Harvard.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7169
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Curious1 wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
vincanity1 wrote:Gotta say I'm heartbroken, but you guys are awesome and I'm really pumped for you


Why heartbroken?


haha, losing faith pretty quickly considering I sent the app in like 20 mins after it opened. It would've taken some serious quasi-URM love or something special to push me over the top, especially for this first batch. Fact is, you guys are well on your way to being Harvard men and women soon. Badass.


They're takign the first batch, not the first submitters. And your numbers are amazing with URM status.


This. No need to even come close to thinking about panicking yet.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby soj » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Last year, plenty of people submitted in late October or early November and still got admitted before New Years.

jim-green
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby jim-green » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Justdoingmybest wrote:Happy for all those that got their interviews!! I have a question though, for those who submitted later (after the Oct Lsat was released but before halloween), does this mean that we missed the first batch and have to wait till next year (or after thanksgiving). I'm not sure if anyone can answer this but if anyone has an opinion i'll love to hear it! Thanks
I'm in same boat as you. Another question...what percentage of all applicants register on LSN? If LSN says 200 have applied to HLS so far, how many does that really mean? I know about 7000 apply to HLS annually, but all 7K will not appear on LSN.

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby annyong » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Congrats guys!!! I am now unbelievably anxious about getting an email soon, since kulshan and I are numbers twins (may be a good experiment to see how much softs matter/if I really screwed up my application :? )

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby soj » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:33 pm

jim-green wrote:
Justdoingmybest wrote:Happy for all those that got their interviews!! I have a question though, for those who submitted later (after the Oct Lsat was released but before halloween), does this mean that we missed the first batch and have to wait till next year (or after thanksgiving). I'm not sure if anyone can answer this but if anyone has an opinion i'll love to hear it! Thanks
I'm in same boat as you. Another question...what percentage of all applicants register on LSN? If LSN says 200 have applied to HLS so far, how many does that really mean? I know about 7000 apply to HLS annually, but all 7K will not appear on LSN.

Isn't this something you can easily figure out from the website?

User avatar
instantwonton
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby instantwonton » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Awwwwwww!!!!!! I have one too!!!! So excited!!! (Also below LSAT median....172/3.8+)

Submitted 1st wk of October

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:35 pm

instantwonton wrote:Awwwwwww!!!!!! I have one too!!!! So excited!!! (Also below LSAT median....172/3.8+)

Submitted 1st wk of October


What time did you get your email?

jim-green
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby jim-green » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:35 pm

soj wrote:
jim-green wrote:
Justdoingmybest wrote:Happy for all those that got their interviews!! I have a question though, for those who submitted later (after the Oct Lsat was released but before halloween), does this mean that we missed the first batch and have to wait till next year (or after thanksgiving). I'm not sure if anyone can answer this but if anyone has an opinion i'll love to hear it! Thanks
I'm in same boat as you. Another question...what percentage of all applicants register on LSN? If LSN says 200 have applied to HLS so far, how many does that really mean? I know about 7000 apply to HLS annually, but all 7K will not appear on LSN.
Isn't this something you can easily figure out from the website?
Only the crude total. Say 700 show on LSN by end of year, I know 1/10 appear on LSN. But it may not be a uniform rate. Perhaps all 200 who apply to HLS by today appear on LSN. Hence, I was wondering if anyone had a finer-grained idea.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:36 pm

instantwonton wrote:Awwwwwww!!!!!! I have one too!!!! So excited!!! (Also below LSAT median....172/3.8+)

Submitted 1st wk of October

Wow, damn, congrats! I wish I had one...

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:37 pm

They seem to be taking "reverse splitters" and auto-admits right now...everyone has a 3.8+ GPA, but LSATs are all over the place. Interesting to note.

I wonder if MumofCad got one yet?
Last edited by Curious1 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby vincanity1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:38 pm

freestallion wrote:
instantwonton wrote:Awwwwwww!!!!!! I have one too!!!! So excited!!! (Also below LSAT median....172/3.8+)

Submitted 1st wk of October

Wow, damn, congrats! I wish I had one...


I believe in you, stallion.

Also, where the heck is our MUM?!

User avatar
instantwonton
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby instantwonton » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:40 pm

Curious1 wrote:
instantwonton wrote:Awwwwwww!!!!!! I have one too!!!! So excited!!! (Also below LSAT median....172/3.8+)

Submitted 1st wk of October


What time did you get your email?



Right after 12....Glad I was on my lunch break because I think my heart stopped for a minute when I saw the email LOL :)

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:40 pm

instantwonton wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
instantwonton wrote:Awwwwwww!!!!!! I have one too!!!! So excited!!! (Also below LSAT median....172/3.8+)

Submitted 1st wk of October


What time did you get your email?



Right after 12....Glad I was on my lunch break because I think my heart stopped for a minute when I saw the email LOL :)


NICE! So it's rolling throughout the day.

CONGRATS!!!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”