Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bogm2012

New
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby bogm2012 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:24 pm

eibesfeldt wrote:
lawschoolperson wrote:Meh. Pregnant --> can't do the work. In many cases, not being able to do the work is a problem. Maybe it delayed decisions in this case, maybe it caused confusion which made the process less meritocratic and less fair. It's impossible for us to know...though on its face it certainly seems possible that the two changes at least caused delay.

But, independent of that, I think we should all recognize as true the more controversial point that any attribute that prevents a person from doing a required task is a problem if we need that person to do the required task. I think the only way to argue that some attribute of a person that prevents that person from doing a required task should not be considered in whether to hire the person to do the task is to say that there is some very compelling reason to accept the person's inability to do the task because, in doing so, we achieve some greater good (or prevent a wrong). Such a wrong could be a discriminatory society (i.e., we should hire the pregnant woman even though she'll do a worse job because, by not discriminating, we create a better society). But, it's a weighing. Not being able to do work is not irrelevant--the drawback of hiring a pregnant woman to defuse a nuclear bomb would outweigh the benefit of preventing a discriminatory society.



Ok everyone shut up because I just got my KBB1



KBB1 = KB( + Baby)1?

chickenalfredo

New
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby chickenalfredo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:24 pm

eibesfeldt wrote:
chickenalfredo wrote:
eibesfeldt wrote:
lawschoolperson wrote:Meh. Pregnant --> can't do the work. In many cases, not being able to do the work is a problem. Maybe it delayed decisions in this case, maybe it caused confusion which made the process less meritocratic and less fair. It's impossible for us to know...though on its face it certainly seems possible that the two changes at least caused delay.

But, independent of that, I think we should all recognize as true the more controversial point that any attribute that prevents a person from doing a required task is a problem if we need that person to do the required task. I think the only way to argue that some attribute of a person that prevents that person from doing a required task should not be considered in whether to hire the person to do the task is to say that there is some very compelling reason to accept the person's inability to do the task because, in doing so, we achieve some greater good (or prevent a wrong). Such a wrong could be a discriminatory society (i.e., we should hire the pregnant woman even though she'll do a worse job because, by not discriminating, we create a better society). But, it's a weighing. Not being able to do work is not irrelevant--the drawback of hiring a pregnant woman to defuse a nuclear bomb would outweigh the benefit of preventing a discriminatory society.



Ok everyone shut up because I just got my KBB1


que?


KB's Baby 1.

I beat all you bitches.



Misogynist. HTH

eibesfeldt

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby eibesfeldt » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:36 pm

The fact that I have now made 10 total posts on this website, to me, is a sign that I will never get a KBB2. My life is failing big time.

JasonR

Bronze
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby JasonR » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 pm

eibesfeldt wrote:
chickenalfredo wrote:
eibesfeldt wrote:
lawschoolperson wrote:Meh. Pregnant --> can't do the work. In many cases, not being able to do the work is a problem. Maybe it delayed decisions in this case, maybe it caused confusion which made the process less meritocratic and less fair. It's impossible for us to know...though on its face it certainly seems possible that the two changes at least caused delay.

But, independent of that, I think we should all recognize as true the more controversial point that any attribute that prevents a person from doing a required task is a problem if we need that person to do the required task. I think the only way to argue that some attribute of a person that prevents that person from doing a required task should not be considered in whether to hire the person to do the task is to say that there is some very compelling reason to accept the person's inability to do the task because, in doing so, we achieve some greater good (or prevent a wrong). Such a wrong could be a discriminatory society (i.e., we should hire the pregnant woman even though she'll do a worse job because, by not discriminating, we create a better society). But, it's a weighing. Not being able to do work is not irrelevant--the drawback of hiring a pregnant woman to defuse a nuclear bomb would outweigh the benefit of preventing a discriminatory society.



Ok everyone shut up because I just got my KBB1


que?


KB's Baby 1.

I beat all you bitches.


Maybe someone in the HLS admissions office can inform KB that the applicant from Nebraska that she interviewed today is not such a desirable pick after all. Or maybe someone from this board who wants your potential spot should direct the admissions office to this part of the thread.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject

Silver
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:42 pm

I dno what's happened in here. Seems like a lot of derping.

Moving along...I'd like to take this time to say I'd really enjoy a JS1/KB1 or anything resembling a step toward an acceptance. Tyia.

eibesfeldt

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby eibesfeldt » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:49 pm

and here i thought I had a sense of humor, some guy comes at me with a weird threat and creepily finds out i'm from nebraska. alright, 11 posts in, see ya later people

User avatar
soj

Platinum
Posts: 7890
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby soj » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:54 pm

eibesfeldt wrote:and here i thought I had a sense of humor, some guy comes at me with a weird threat and creepily finds out i'm from nebraska. alright, 11 posts in, see ya later people

Get over yourself, this isn't exactly Facebook creeping.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus

Gold
Posts: 3175
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:28 am

Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.

Geneva

Silver
Posts: 1013
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:44 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.


I'm sorry to hear it:(

lawlcat4179

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby lawlcat4179 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:57 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.


Sorry to hear that. For what its worth, I'll probably be joining you within a week or two.

backwards54

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby backwards54 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:00 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.


Sorry to hear :/

When did you submit/went UR? Were you on hold?

User avatar
larsoner

Bronze
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby larsoner » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:30 am

backwards54 wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.


Sorry to hear :/

When did you submit/went UR? Were you on hold?


Check his LSN, its in his profile.

Edit: Also, sorry to hear it.

User avatar
seahawk32

Bronze
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby seahawk32 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:49 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.


It was Harvard or bust for you, wasn't it? My condolences/congratulations.

adam1

Bronze
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby adam1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:13 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.


For us: The end begins.

For nulli: I've always wondered why not H B-school?

User avatar
hypothalamus

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby hypothalamus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:44 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.


Nulli, nooooooo!!!!! :(

adam1

Bronze
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby adam1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:46 am

hypothalamus wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.


Nulli, nooooooo!!!!! :(


This is like when Steve Carrell left the Office.

User avatar
hypothalamus

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby hypothalamus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 am

Elendil wrote:Image


Just saw that!
<3 Ioseb Vissarionovich <3

User avatar
Doorkeeper

Gold
Posts: 4869
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Doorkeeper » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:47 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.

Oh man, sorry to hear Nulli.

snehpets

Silver
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby snehpets » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:52 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.

Oh man, sorry to hear Nulli.

:(

freestallion

Silver
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:23 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.

Oh man, sorry to hear Nulli.

Sorry, Nulli :(

User avatar
curiouscat

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby curiouscat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:25 am

Really sorry about that, Nulli! :(

Also: very surprising. Damn.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil

Silver
Posts: 1314
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:29 am

Doorkeeper wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.

Oh man, sorry to hear Nulli.

Wow, that's awful news. It seems strange and surprising to me that you weren't at least waitlisted again this year, given that there are fewer applicants and your application has improved (if I remember correctly, you applied later last year and got your highest LSAT score on the December test).
Last edited by AntipodeanPhil on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bk641

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby bk641 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:45 am

i don't understand this at all.

User avatar
Elendil

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elendil » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:47 am

bk641 wrote:i don't understand this at all.


Sorry to hear that, Nulli. Unfortunately we're not the ones making the decisions or reviewing applications here... I'm sure that there is much more going on in that office than we see, so even though it doesn't make sense to us, there has to be reason for the madness.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus

Gold
Posts: 3175
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Wow everyone, thanks for all the support. The sad part is when my Outlook grabbed the e-mail my computer locked up and when I reseted it the e-mail was gone. So I only have a "Decision Rendered" in Status Checker and no e-mail to archive in the folder "Epic Fail".



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], needmylsat180 and 6 guests