Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Dino_Spumoni
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Dino_Spumoni » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:53 am

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Yes, sorry. If you can forgive his/her late night errors, can you forgive my shallow pedantry?


No, your all stupid. Their, I said it, know go too sleep!


This was on purpose to prove a point...yes?

I hope.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:56 am

Dino_Spumoni wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Yes, sorry. If you can forgive his/her late night errors, can you forgive my shallow pedantry?


No, your all stupid. Their, I said it, know go too sleep!


This was on purpose to prove a point...yes?

I hope.


I hope you missing the other two mistakes was on purpose too.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elendil » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:59 am

Jeez. I stop by for an end of day check and all I see is a two-page argument over grammar. Slow day, huh?

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:08 am

Really? 3 pages and there is only one hold? People please discuss unrelated topics in other topics, my heart monitor just spazzed out.

User avatar
yepyepyep
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby yepyepyep » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:17 am

Elendil wrote:Jeez. I stop by for an end of day check and all I see is a two-page argument over grammar. Slow day, huh?


Haha it was only a matter of time before the holding got the best of the thread.

backwards54
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby backwards54 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:18 am

Geneva wrote:
Geneva wrote:i haven't been asked for an interview or seen any movement since i first went under review. i guess this means i should expect a ding any day now?


i went UR the last week of january. am wondering if it is ridic to hold out hope for an interview or waitlist...


I'm pretty much in the same situation as you (UR since feb 6th). I have not been put on hold, just no movement at all. I'm wondering if it means I'll be directly rejected soon? placed on hold? directly WL? interviewed? I have no idea!

I've seen people on this forum who have been UR after me (and therefore also after you) and who already got JS1 or rejections or hold status. I'm wondering if they're going through the applications in a chronological order (and they just don't know what to do with us so they wait) or if they just go a bit randomly with every application and we haven't been reviewed yet (maybe they have different "review teams" and our applications get assigned to different teams and some are faster than others? no idea.)

phx
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby phx » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:22 pm

BaseballT wrote:
abba12 wrote:I've benefited so much from this forum that I figured I'd finally create a profile and post.

For those of you who haven't heard *anything* for months: There's still hope! I got my "complete" email on 12/22 and only just heard back yesterday (no hold or anything in the meantime), when I was offered a JS1 interview. I had the call today, which didn't have any major hiccups but left me a bit flustered simply because it was so short. We'll see what happens from here.



Hmm, interesting...this seems to show they're going through the "forgotten" pile before (if) they get to more holds...


I can only hope. UR since 10/14 and nothing. Maybe I'm in the VERY forgotten pile.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby snehpets » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Davidbentley wrote:A cringe? Yes. Summoning the motivation to post an admonishing reply? No. As to your broader point --that of questioning the academic prowess of folks based on their postings here -- well, success at writing, like success in any other pursuit, is indicative only of one's ability to write. Extrapolating intellectual merit from hastily assembled internet posts is lazy at best and objectionable at worst. Using your argument, I would have to conclude that you are likely to be an ornery and combustible sort, as it is clear from your post that you lack a sense of proportion. But, that would be foolhardy, and I have no doubt that, in reality, you are pleasant and serene.


Yeah, and honestly some of the smartest people I know are terrible at spelling/writing. That's only indicative of their overall intelligence in the sense that we often gauge someone's level of intelligence by their being passably good at a large number of things rather than brilliant in one or two areas and lamentable in others. I think this is a really misleading though perhaps unavoidable tendency.

Aside from that, I still think it's a dick move to call someone's intelligence out when they haven't done anything to you or anyone for that matter.

On topic, ready to be done waiting on Harvard! I'd take a rejection at this point just to hear.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:06 pm

snehpets wrote:
Davidbentley wrote:A cringe? Yes. Summoning the motivation to post an admonishing reply? No. As to your broader point --that of questioning the academic prowess of folks based on their postings here -- well, success at writing, like success in any other pursuit, is indicative only of one's ability to write. Extrapolating intellectual merit from hastily assembled internet posts is lazy at best and objectionable at worst. Using your argument, I would have to conclude that you are likely to be an ornery and combustible sort, as it is clear from your post that you lack a sense of proportion. But, that would be foolhardy, and I have no doubt that, in reality, you are pleasant and serene.


Yeah, and honestly some of the smartest people I know are terrible at spelling/writing. That's only indicative of their overall intelligence in the sense that we often gauge someone's level of intelligence by their being passably good at a large number of things rather than brilliant in one or two areas and lamentable in others. I think this is a really misleading though perhaps unavoidable tendency.

Aside from that, I still think it's a dick move to call someone's intelligence out when they haven't done anything to you or anyone for that matter.

On topic, ready to be done waiting on Harvard! I'd take a rejection at this point just to hear.

this sort of snobbishness makes me feel better about my imminent ding. i'm sure most people at hls are wonderful and know the poster may not even be harvard bound, but i don't see posts like this on the thread of yale applicants.

User avatar
sailboat
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby sailboat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Geneva wrote:
snehpets wrote:
Davidbentley wrote:A cringe? Yes. Summoning the motivation to post an admonishing reply? No. As to your broader point --that of questioning the academic prowess of folks based on their postings here -- well, success at writing, like success in any other pursuit, is indicative only of one's ability to write. Extrapolating intellectual merit from hastily assembled internet posts is lazy at best and objectionable at worst. Using your argument, I would have to conclude that you are likely to be an ornery and combustible sort, as it is clear from your post that you lack a sense of proportion. But, that would be foolhardy, and I have no doubt that, in reality, you are pleasant and serene.


Yeah, and honestly some of the smartest people I know are terrible at spelling/writing. That's only indicative of their overall intelligence in the sense that we often gauge someone's level of intelligence by their being passably good at a large number of things rather than brilliant in one or two areas and lamentable in others. I think this is a really misleading though perhaps unavoidable tendency.

Aside from that, I still think it's a dick move to call someone's intelligence out when they haven't done anything to you or anyone for that matter.

On topic, ready to be done waiting on Harvard! I'd take a rejection at this point just to hear.

this sort of snobbishness makes me feel better about my imminent ding. i'm sure most people at hls are wonderful and know the poster may not even be harvard bound, but i don't see posts like this on the thread of yale applicants.


The Yale thread is also 1/4 the size of this one...

bogm2012
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby bogm2012 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Geneva wrote:
snehpets wrote:
Davidbentley wrote:A cringe? Yes. Summoning the motivation to post an admonishing reply? No. As to your broader point --that of questioning the academic prowess of folks based on their postings here -- well, success at writing, like success in any other pursuit, is indicative only of one's ability to write. Extrapolating intellectual merit from hastily assembled internet posts is lazy at best and objectionable at worst. Using your argument, I would have to conclude that you are likely to be an ornery and combustible sort, as it is clear from your post that you lack a sense of proportion. But, that would be foolhardy, and I have no doubt that, in reality, you are pleasant and serene.


Yeah, and honestly some of the smartest people I know are terrible at spelling/writing. That's only indicative of their overall intelligence in the sense that we often gauge someone's level of intelligence by their being passably good at a large number of things rather than brilliant in one or two areas and lamentable in others. I think this is a really misleading though perhaps unavoidable tendency.

Aside from that, I still think it's a dick move to call someone's intelligence out when they haven't done anything to you or anyone for that matter.

On topic, ready to be done waiting on Harvard! I'd take a rejection at this point just to hear.

this sort of snobbishness makes me feel better about my imminent ding. i'm sure most people at hls are wonderful and know the poster may not even be harvard bound, but i don't see posts like this on the thread of yale applicants.


I've been to 3 ASWs. One H/Y/S, one C/C/N, one lower t14. People haven't really differed between the three groups and aren't really anything like what you might infer from time spent on this board.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Sigh..
Last edited by Nulli Secundus on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mjitbswyd
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby mjitbswyd » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:34 pm

I cannot believe I just spend 0.5 dollar to watch this page with my mobile phone.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 pm

mjitbswyd wrote:I cannot believe I just spend 0.5 dollar to watch this page with my mobile phone.


thank you for this comment. worth at least .5 dollar:)

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Blessedassurance » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Geneva wrote: this sort of snobbishness makes me feel better about my imminent ding. i'm sure most people at hls are wonderful and know the poster may not even be harvard bound, but i don't see posts like this on the thread of yale applicants.


The Yale applicants (for the most part) are/were Harvard applicants. The posters in question applied to other schools. The conversation could have happened in another random school's 2012 thread.

It's just a random sperglord (who happens to have applied to Harvard amongst other schools) having what appears to be a bad day. It happens. In fact there's a Yale-student-answering-questions thread with a Yalie deploring the fact that consenting adults decide to have sex in law school.

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby curiouscat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:In fact there's a Yale-student-answering-questions thread with a Yalie deploring the fact that consenting adults decide to have sex in law school.

Yeah, but at least that one was funny.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
Geneva wrote: this sort of snobbishness makes me feel better about my imminent ding. i'm sure most people at hls are wonderful and know the poster may not even be harvard bound, but i don't see posts like this on the thread of yale applicants.


The Yale applicants (for the most part) are/were Harvard applicants. The posters in question applied to other schools. The conversation could have happened in another random school's 2012 thread.

It's just a random sperglord (who happens to have applied to Harvard amongst other schools) having what appears to be a bad day. It happens. In fact there's a Yale-student-answering-questions thread with a Yalie deploring the fact that consenting adults decide to have sex in law school.

haha, i thought that was a joke...sure it is a real yalie?

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:[img]


Nulli, that thing of yours is huge. *wink*

User avatar
Blessedassurance
Posts: 2081
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Blessedassurance » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Geneva wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
Geneva wrote: this sort of snobbishness makes me feel better about my imminent ding. i'm sure most people at hls are wonderful and know the poster may not even be harvard bound, but i don't see posts like this on the thread of yale applicants.


The Yale applicants (for the most part) are/were Harvard applicants. The posters in question applied to other schools. The conversation could have happened in another random school's 2012 thread.

It's just a random sperglord (who happens to have applied to Harvard amongst other schools) having what appears to be a bad day. It happens. In fact there's a Yale-student-answering-questions thread with a Yalie deploring the fact that consenting adults decide to have sex in law school.

haha, i thought that was a joke...sure it is a real yalie?


It may have been a troll, who knows... but for the purposes of our discussion we'll consider him/her/it a bona fide Yalie.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:39 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:[img]


Nulli, that thing of yours is huge. *wink*


That was the point.

Tried to stop off-topic banter, but it didn't work.

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:[img]


Nulli, that thing of yours is huge. *wink*


That was the point.

Tried to stop off-topic banter, but it didn't work.


Well, I tried to steer into the direction of sexual innuendos, but that didn't work either. :D

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:53 pm

hypothalamus wrote:Well, I tried to steer into the direction of sexual innuendos, but that didn't work either. :D

...This is non-lounge TLS.

*looks around*

Did you really think that was going to do much around these folks?

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Well, I tried to steer into the direction of sexual innuendos, but that didn't work either. :D

...This is non-lounge TLS.

*looks around*

Did you really think that was going to do much around these folks?


The folks who have been arguing over whether someone who writes "exept" instead of "accept" is a documented moron or a tired genius for 3 pages? I don't think I need to answer any further.

Besides, it's safe to assume there won't be many (good) decisions coming this way at this point, so people are starting to lounge around in these threads. If you can't beat them :D

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:35 pm

AtticusJimbo wrote:
I'm beginning to have a strong suspicion as to why your art degree isn't being respected


You're missing a period at the end of your sentence. It must be that time of the month for you. What a shame.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:39 pm

To get back on task, it seems many of the most recent admits on LSN are late submitters. Perhaps the hold pile will have another round soon?

Also from LSN, there appears to be a steady stream of rejections coming from them of late.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, Bing [Bot], cathy95, hopeful applicant, KeYe88, lawschoolbound2017, notausername, oliviaj_j, proteinshake, Pugnax, ramp_999, Rubbishdump and 22 guests