Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Geneva wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:Huh...so maybe internationals are getting the first Hold -> JS1s? Interesting...

i just worry about those of us that have neither been placed on hold nor received JS1 emails...
if i'm going to be rejected or waitlisted, i'd rather know sooner rather than later! i'm surprised the holds are seeing movement before those of us just chilling UR


THIS!! We're in the real Purgatory...

viacavour
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby viacavour » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:18 pm

JS1 scheduled for today.

Is it presumptuous if I ask her if there will be another ASW/ admitted students event since we've just missed their ASW last weekend?

User avatar
captainwasabi09
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby captainwasabi09 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:19 pm

viacavour wrote:JS1 scheduled for today.

Is it presumptuous if I ask her if there will be another ASW/ admitted students event since we've just missed their ASW last weekend?


There's an ASW in mid-April, don't worry.


And congrats to all the JS1s!!!

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Shooter » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Just got a JS1! I was previously held.

Congrats to all the other JS1's - good luck everyone!

(Also, does anyone know if I'm supposed to respond to the JS1 e-mail or just expect a call at the date/time JS requested?)

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elendil » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Shooter wrote:Just got a JS1! I was previously held.

Congrats to all the other JS1's - good luck everyone!

(Also, does anyone know if I'm supposed to respond to the JS1 e-mail or just expect a call at the date/time JS requested?)


Congratulations! :) What time did you get it? Are they still going out...?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Shooter wrote:Just got a JS1! I was previously held.

Congrats to all the other JS1's - good luck everyone!

(Also, does anyone know if I'm supposed to respond to the JS1 e-mail or just expect a call at the date/time JS requested?)


Just wait for the call.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:35 pm

*stares at GMail Inbox*



*stares harder at GMail Inbox*



*STARES HARDER*

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby amc987 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:*stares at GMail Inbox*



*stares harder at GMail Inbox*



*STARES HARDER*



THIS IS THE STORY OF MY LIFE. Ugh.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 pm

amc987 wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:*stares at GMail Inbox*



*stares harder at GMail Inbox*



*STARES HARDER*



THIS IS THE STORY OF MY LIFE. Ugh.


ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Maybe we'll be accepted w/o interviews bc we are JUST THAT AWESOME:-)

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Shooter » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:42 pm

Elendil wrote:
Shooter wrote:Just got a JS1! I was previously held.

Congrats to all the other JS1's - good luck everyone!

(Also, does anyone know if I'm supposed to respond to the JS1 e-mail or just expect a call at the date/time JS requested?)


Congratulations! :) What time did you get it? Are they still going out...?


PM'd

sandiego222
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby sandiego222 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Why won't they reject me?

3.66/ 171 and haven't heard a peep since going complete

User avatar
bk641
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby bk641 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 pm

international, just got the js1.

MichelFoucault
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MichelFoucault » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:16 pm

bk641 wrote:international, just got the js1.


Looks like they are definitely starting out w/ internationals. Feeling weird for having not heard anything since going UR. I'm assuming I'll just have to wait until they attack the URM pile.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Take Two » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Congrats JS1s! :D

User avatar
captainwasabi09
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby captainwasabi09 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Geneva wrote:
amc987 wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:*stares at GMail Inbox*



*stares harder at GMail Inbox*



*STARES HARDER*



THIS IS THE STORY OF MY LIFE. Ugh.


ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Maybe we'll be accepted w/o interviews bc we are JUST THAT AWESOME:-)


Haha don't worry guys, sometimes they seem to stagger the JS1s. I guess to space them out for JS? She has a lot of calls to make
I'm sure you will get your JS1 emails soon!

Mista Bojangles
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Mista Bojangles » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Congrats to the JS1 recipients today, it's exciting to see some movement from the hold pile at last.

Sure hope one of those emails finds its way to my inbox. I applied two cycles ago and had a pre-Thanksgiving JR1, then ended up waitlisted in April (withdrew immediately from the waitlist because I'd decided at that point I wanted to defer admission, which isn't an option off the waitlist). So after another September submission this time around, it's been a tough wait.

User avatar
bk641
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby bk641 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:22 pm

MichelFoucault wrote:
bk641 wrote:international, just got the js1.


Looks like they are definitely starting out w/ internationals. Feeling weird for having not heard anything since going UR. I'm assuming I'll just have to wait until they attack the URM pile.


forgot to mention i was held in december, if that's relevant (think it is)

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:06 am

Hmmm. As a held international, not getting a JS1 even now gives the message loud & clear. Was good while it lasted.

User avatar
bk641
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:22 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby bk641 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:34 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:Hmmm. As a held international, not getting a JS1 even now gives the message loud & clear. Was good while it lasted.


don't be like that... today was the first day the held > JS1s came out. i'm sure there will be more coming.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:41 am

Is there a typical time period for the JS1 invites to be sent out? Need to stop the compulsive email refreshing...

viacavour
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby viacavour » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:49 am

Just had my JS1, I think it went quite well. How soon have people been getting JS2s after their JS1s?

astaris
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:25 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby astaris » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:31 am

bk641 wrote:
MichelFoucault wrote:
bk641 wrote:international, just got the js1.


Looks like they are definitely starting out w/ internationals. Feeling weird for having not heard anything since going UR. I'm assuming I'll just have to wait until they attack the URM pile.


forgot to mention i was held in december, if that's relevant (think it is)


It might make sense for them to be going in order...at least that's what I'll tell myself (having been held in February...) :D

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby PopTorts13 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:13 pm

JS1 today...Two questions were asked and I asked a couple. Very short. Simple. Not particularly sure if it went well :-/

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby hypothalamus » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:16 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:JS1 today...Two questions were asked and I asked a couple. Very short. Simple. Not particularly sure if it went well :-/


Sneaky, sneaky, poptorts! You didn't tell us you fot a JS1! :)

User avatar
captainwasabi09
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby captainwasabi09 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:JS1 today...Two questions were asked and I asked a couple. Very short. Simple. Not particularly sure if it went well :-/


Sneaky, sneaky, poptorts! You didn't tell us you fot a JS1! :)


Hahaha I agree!

But don't worry Poptorts, everyone seems to think they don't do that well. I felt like I totally bombed my second question (she really only asked me two real questions), but I still got the JS2. I believe in you!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], BruiseWillis, Google Adsense [Bot], headrangerwoody, Long shot hero, tsporl and 17 guests