Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jc010
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby jc010 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:07 pm

jim-green wrote:Any idea what new job JR moved to?



http://www.linkedin.com/pub/josh-rubenstein/8/643/550

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MumofCad » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:15 pm

jc010 wrote:
jim-green wrote:Any idea what new job JR moved to?



http://www.linkedin.com/pub/josh-rubenstein/8/643/550


Actually, this is interesting and makes the delays make more sense. I had assumed he had left sometime in the summer, but looks like he left around October sometime.

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby tomwatts » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:52 am

sdwhodat wrote:
MumofCad wrote:Its odd how their website hasn't been updated. Rubenstein is still all over it. The blog hasn't been updated either.


Maybe the zombie apocalypse has begun in Cambridge...

Just wanted to confirm this. Radioactive zombies are outside my dorm as I type this. Oh no! They're coming through the window! hgoasgkh;k lanwgiknhaihgnlaksfgj

User avatar
sdwhodat
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby sdwhodat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:46 am

tomwatts wrote:
sdwhodat wrote:
MumofCad wrote:Its odd how their website hasn't been updated. Rubenstein is still all over it. The blog hasn't been updated either.


Maybe the zombie apocalypse has begun in Cambridge...

Just wanted to confirm this. Radioactive zombies are outside my dorm as I type this. Oh no! They're coming through the window! hgoasgkh;k lanwgiknhaihgnlaksfgj


Oh noes!!!!!! Do you have a shotgun handy? Don't forget the double tap rule!

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Samara » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:05 am

haha, this thread should be renamed "Harvard 2012: Night of the Living Dead Fanfic Edition"

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby annyong » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:30 am

I think Harvard should be impressed with our deductive reasoning capabilities.

If it is late October, then phone interviews should have been starting
It is late October, but phone interviews have not been starting
Therefore, ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby seanPtheB » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:19 am

Submitted! First app done actually. Good luck errrrbody

User avatar
thatkid
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thatkid » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:20 am

annyong wrote:I think Harvard should be impressed with our deductive reasoning capabilities.

If it is late October, then phone interviews should have been starting
It is late October, but phone interviews have not been starting
Therefore, ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE


QED


Furthermore, all applicants who are clever enough to recognize that a Zombie Apocalypse is taking place certainly deserve seats at Harvard Law.

(Edit for pitiful grammars, need moar coffee)

User avatar
sdwhodat
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby sdwhodat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:53 pm

thatkid wrote:
annyong wrote:I think Harvard should be impressed with our deductive reasoning capabilities.

If it is late October, then phone interviews should have been starting
It is late October, but phone interviews have not been starting
Therefore, ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE


QED


Furthermore, all applicants who are clever enough to recognize that a Zombie Apocalypse is taking place certainly deserve seats at Harvard Law.

(Edit for pitiful grammars, need moar coffee)


Sounds like a perfectly reasonable deduction to me. Well, technically it's INDUCTION because we are taking the evidence and forming a theory instead of the other way around.

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby kulshan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:02 pm

You could have a deductive or inductive form of the argument. For example, here's a valid form of the deductive argument:

1. If it is late October, then either there are interview invites or there is a zombie apocalypse.
2. It is late October.
3. Either there are interview invites or there is a zombie apocalypse.
4. It is not the case that there are interview invites.
5. So, there is a zombie apocalypse.

edit: of course, the argument is valid, but not sound. I suspect the first premise is false. ;)

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby annyong » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:08 pm

kulshan wrote:You could have a deductive or inductive form of the argument. For example, here's a valid form of the deductive argument:

1. If it is late October, then either there are interview invites or there is a zombie apocalypse.
2. It is late October.
3. Either there are interview invites or there is a zombie apocalypse.
4. It is not the case that there are interview invites.
5. So, there is a zombie apocalypse.

edit: of course, the argument is valid, but not sound. I suspect the first premise is false. ;)

Yes, I was lazy about the outlining of my premises, but I was framing it in terms of moving from a conditional premise to a specific conclusion, making it a deductive argument, though it could very much be both.

Harvard 2012 applicants: Where anxious philosophy majors discuss zombie apocalypses.

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby kulshan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:21 pm

Since this week might see interview invites, I'm changing my avatar to reflect my feelings on the matter.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:30 pm

kulshan wrote:Since this week might see interview invites, I'm changing my avatar to reflect my feelings on the matter.


As much as I want this to happen, I still think it is unlikely.

User avatar
sdwhodat
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby sdwhodat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:31 pm

annyong wrote:
kulshan wrote:You could have a deductive or inductive form of the argument. For example, here's a valid form of the deductive argument:

1. If it is late October, then either there are interview invites or there is a zombie apocalypse.
2. It is late October.
3. Either there are interview invites or there is a zombie apocalypse.
4. It is not the case that there are interview invites.
5. So, there is a zombie apocalypse.

edit: of course, the argument is valid, but not sound. I suspect the first premise is false. ;)

Yes, I was lazy about the outlining of my premises, but I was framing it in terms of moving from a conditional premise to a specific conclusion, making it a deductive argument, though it could very much be both.

Harvard 2012 applicants: Where anxious philosophy majors discuss zombie apocalypses.


Haha, I'm insulted to be called a philosophy major! (No offense meant to actual philosophy majors, lol. I just had the one philosophy class in college and the professor did not give you a good name, haha)

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Campagnolo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 pm

Just wasted a perfectly good $101 for Harvard to tell me "no." Oh boy.

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thederangedwang » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:59 pm

i remember my first phil class....only class i ever pass/failed....couldnt wrap my head around the fact that the chair i was sitting on "didnt exist"

prof: the chair doesnt exist
me: the freakin chair exists, im sitting on it
prof: you dont exist
me:....im pass failing this class

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Samara » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:09 pm

thederangedwang wrote:i remember my first phil class....only class i ever pass/failed....couldnt wrap my head around the fact that the chair i was sitting on "didnt exist"

prof: the chair doesnt exist
me: the freakin chair exists, im sitting on it
prof: you dont exist
me:....im pass failing this class

I lol'd.

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby annyong » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:29 pm

kulshan wrote:Since this week might see interview invites, I'm changing my avatar to reflect my feelings on the matter.

Haha, great idea, I decided to change mine to reflect the scenario that there are still no calls out by the end of next week...

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby kulshan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:38 pm

annyong wrote:
kulshan wrote:Since this week might see interview invites, I'm changing my avatar to reflect my feelings on the matter.

Haha, great idea, I decided to change mine to reflect the scenario that there are still no calls out by the end of next week...


Nice. Still have my hopes up for a spooky, scary Oct 31 email.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:42 pm

So what happens if I submit a statement of disadvantage AND diversity? (as in two separate documents)

yoiav
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby yoiav » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:05 am

Campagnolo wrote:Just wasted a perfectly good $101 for Harvard to tell me "no." Oh boy.


you got a definitive answer? when'd you apply?

jim-green
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby jim-green » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:51 am

Did you guys get an e-mail when you were complete / UR, or do you check the status checker daily?

yoiav
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby yoiav » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:02 am

jim-green wrote:Did you guys get an e-mail when you were complete / UR, or do you check the status checker daily?


no email

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:04 am

I got a complete email on Oct 27

jim-green
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby jim-green » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:19 am

freestallion wrote:I got a complete email on Oct 27
Thanks, I heard an opinion that because of the falling number of applicants, schools might lower LSAT levels. I doubt this because a) the people who will stop applying are the ones with lower LSAT numbers in the first place, and b) the top schools will not see lower #applicants, because the ones who stop applying will be lower-school applicants. What do you think?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”