Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 pm

Ah. I thought that must have been a typo, but you scared me for a second :)

User avatar
iThwl
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby iThwl » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:01 pm

JS2!!!!

I wish everyone good luck!

kindaklueless
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby kindaklueless » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:04 am

So excited for you guys, congrats!

Late Nov. submit and went complete 1/5. URM. Haven't heard a peep since then. Am I, for all intents and purposes, held (considering JS1s have been given out past that complete date)? Harvard is one of two schools I'm waiting on and would love to be able to finalize my ASW plans.

User avatar
DFog
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby DFog » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:55 am

JS2! - I really don't know what to say. Best of luck to everyone else!

User avatar
Byzantine
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Byzantine » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:52 am

Congrats you midnight js2s! What time did the calls come?

User avatar
Byzantine
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Byzantine » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:15 am

Wow. a) this thread is really quiet, and b) waiting after a JS1 is a totally different type of tension.

User avatar
poultry
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby poultry » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:08 am

Quiet ever since legions of folks decamped to the hold thread

User avatar
QueMellow
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby QueMellow » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:41 am

kindaklueless wrote:So excited for you guys, congrats!

Late Nov. submit and went complete 1/5. URM. Haven't heard a peep since then. Am I, for all intents and purposes, held (considering JS1s have been given out past that complete date)? Harvard is one of two schools I'm waiting on and would love to be able to finalize my ASW plans.


I'm told that Harvard holds on to their non-auto admit URM apps until they've received them all and can evaluate them in the context of the larger URM pool. I don't know if this is true or not, but I am waiting as well. I submitted early January, went under review the 11th, and complete the 19th. Good luck!

kindaklueless
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby kindaklueless » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 pm

QueMellow wrote:
kindaklueless wrote:So excited for you guys, congrats!

Late Nov. submit and went complete 1/5. URM. Haven't heard a peep since then. Am I, for all intents and purposes, held (considering JS1s have been given out past that complete date)? Harvard is one of two schools I'm waiting on and would love to be able to finalize my ASW plans.


I'm told that Harvard holds on to their non-auto admit URM apps until they've received them all and can evaluate them in the context of the larger URM pool. I don't know if this is true or not, but I am waiting as well. I submitted early January, went under review the 11th, and complete the 19th. Good luck!


That is what I suspected. Any sense of when this late batch has heard back (about interviews or acceptances) in the past?

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 pm

Byzantine wrote:waiting after a JS1 is a totally different type of tension.


Yeah, it's a little terrifying..

User avatar
Byzantine
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Byzantine » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:08 pm

Elliott_Smith wrote:
Byzantine wrote:waiting after a JS1 is a totally different type of tension.


Yeah, it's a little terrifying..


In one way, it's harder because, you knew you've had a shot going into it, and there is more room to blame yourself if you don't get the callback.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:37 pm

Precisely. It's going to be a long day...

For the people that posted JS2s late last night, congrats!!!

When did you interview?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Killingly » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Congrats JS2s!

Also I happened across a LSN profile reporting getting scheduled for a JS1 today.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:53 pm

anyone else under review without being held? i went under review about a month ago and wonder if they've looked at my file since then?

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Geneva wrote:anyone else under review without being held? i went under review about a month ago and wonder if they've looked at my file since then?


UR since 1/4 here (though Complete email came on 1/12)...

mockmockmock
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:20 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby mockmockmock » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
Geneva wrote:anyone else under review without being held? i went under review about a month ago and wonder if they've looked at my file since then?


UR since 1/4 here (though Complete email came on 1/12)...


Same dates also. Still nothing.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby amc987 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Congrats to the new JS2s!!! So exciting. I can't even begin to conceal my jealousy.

User avatar
mikeylikesit
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby mikeylikesit » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Killingly wrote:Congrats JS2s!

Also I happened across a LSN profile reporting getting scheduled for a JS1 today.


There were both JS1s and JS2s yesterday - going to about 730pm EST - I don't know what to believe in anymore...

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby hypothalamus » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:48 pm

amc987 wrote:I can't even begin to conceal my jealousy.


+1 :D

User avatar
brettashley
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby brettashley » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Byzantine wrote:
Elliott_Smith wrote:
Byzantine wrote:waiting after a JS1 is a totally different type of tension.


Yeah, it's a little terrifying..


In one way, it's harder because, you knew you've had a shot going into it, and there is more room to blame yourself if you don't get the callback.


Yeah, I can't stop thinking that. It's like, my app was good enough to get an interview, but I was the one who blew it. Damn, that's depressing.

User avatar
jlc141
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby jlc141 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Had my JS1 this morning, she was so nice and very easy to talk to. FYI for people still in undergrad, she asked me if I had considered taking a year or two off before going to law school. Wasn't expecting to get that question! Not sure how that bodes for my chances because I know HLS really likes WE but we'll see. Congrats to all the JS2s and good luck to all the JS1s!

User avatar
LawGuy321
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:02 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby LawGuy321 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:43 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
JosephusMyer wrote:
chucklesmcgee wrote:
sharktankdean wrote:So I just prayed for some kB1 movement...hopefully the Big Guy up there listens


KB hears all, knows all and loves all her applicants.


... and probably browses this thread :shock:


She doesn't have to browse the thread. See bolded.


I know I'm way behind on this thread, but this made me LOL. I <3 KB.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:11 am

So looks like no JS2s today?

Sadness :(

User avatar
Byzantine
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Byzantine » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:29 am

Elliott_Smith wrote:So looks like no JS2s today?

Sadness :(


Maybe today will be the day!

bogm2012
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby bogm2012 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 am

Byzantine wrote:
Elliott_Smith wrote:So looks like no JS2s today?

Sadness :(


Maybe today will be the day!


I would imagine so. But if there aren't any, just remember that although we lack the data to infer any patterns about JS' JS1/JS2 cadence, there are many, many examples of people who found out a few weeks after they had their KB1 that they were accepted, even while others were accepted within days of their KB1. Don't get dispirited! You don't have to make any decisions for a few more months, anyway.

No matter what, don't worry about the call. As everyone has said, the call will probably not torpedo you even if you didn't do really well, nor would it likely admit you if they had serious doubts. A JS1/KB1 has an extremely high yield of acceptance, but whether you are accepted the next day or two months later is no guarantee, so take heart, try not to go insane and good luck! :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Google Adsense [Bot], lakers3, Long shot hero, mccracal, okf731, Pomegranate27 and 14 guests