Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elendil » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Curious1 wrote:
Elendil wrote:
Elliott_Smith wrote:Wait, HLS admissions is closed til Tuesday? Oh man....

(Clearly I have no idea when holidays take place)


According to their academic calendar, classes are still being held on Monday. If classes are being held, I would assume the office is open also. http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/ca ... index.html


This assumption is false...I have to go to class on Monday, but my workplace (an on campus department) is closed.


Alright, I stand corrected.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Quick, someone call!

majodm5
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby majodm5 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Curious1 wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
banker9 wrote:okay officially 5:00pm EST.

gonna try to avoid this thread till Tuesday (happy 3-day weekend everyone!)


Not everyone gets a 3-day weekend. It's kind of a sore spot actually.


Hear hear...but we do get 2 weeks off for Spring Break and a whole week for Thanksgiving to make up for it.

Tuesday seems like a decent turnaround time. Let's get those phones ringing again.


Am I right in assuming u go to Harvard? You still have it nicer than we do. We don't get a three day weekend either... and we only get one week for spring break and the normal Thanksgiving break... You're lucky.

viacavour
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby viacavour » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:02 pm

OK submitted 12/5 and u/r 12/12 but I think they were probably holding for my second LSAT score.
I've been complete since 1/5 with absolutely no word at all.

Should I be getting worried?

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nelson » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:02 am

viacavour wrote:OK submitted 12/5 and u/r 12/12 but I think they were probably holding for my second LSAT score.
I've been complete since 1/5 with absolutely no word at all.

Should I be getting worried?

No.

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:00 am

majodm5 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
banker9 wrote:okay officially 5:00pm EST.

gonna try to avoid this thread till Tuesday (happy 3-day weekend everyone!)


Not everyone gets a 3-day weekend. It's kind of a sore spot actually.


Hear hear...but we do get 2 weeks off for Spring Break and a whole week for Thanksgiving to make up for it.

Tuesday seems like a decent turnaround time. Let's get those phones ringing again.


Am I right in assuming u go to Harvard? You still have it nicer than we do. We don't get a three day weekend either... and we only get one week for spring break and the normal Thanksgiving break... You're lucky.


Yale actually, Harvard has school on Monday after thanksgiving :P

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Does Harvard ever do weekend calls? I know Yale has before

User avatar
yankees42789
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby yankees42789 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Elliott_Smith wrote:Does Harvard ever do weekend calls? I know Yale has before


Don't think so, at least they haven't this year - so just relax, try to take your mind off of it for this weekend, and enjoy your JS2 next week. :)
Last edited by yankees42789 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Geneva » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:22 pm

I went UR about a month ago. Would it be ill advised to send a LOCI or resume update next week?

3.7/170 URM w/ strong softs. Any idea of my chances at this point?

majodm5
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby majodm5 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Curious1 wrote:
majodm5 wrote:
Am I right in assuming u go to Harvard? You still have it nicer than we do. We don't get a three day weekend either... and we only get one week for spring break and the normal Thanksgiving break... You're lucky.


Yale actually, Harvard has school on Monday after thanksgiving :P


Lol well I'm jealous of your schedule... not to mention that I also have to write a thesis to graduate... :S

User avatar
captainwasabi09
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby captainwasabi09 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Geneva wrote:I went UR about a month ago. Would it be ill advised to send a LOCI or resume update next week?

3.7/170 URM w/ strong softs. Any idea of my chances at this point?



no Loci needed. I went UR more than a month ago and I have pretty good numbers. Don't stress it; I'm pretty sure they are just a little backed up with applications right now.

You might be able to do a resume update if there was a significant accomplishment in the past month or so.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:41 pm

yankees42789 wrote:
Elliott_Smith wrote:Does Harvard ever do weekend calls? I know Yale has before


Don't think so, at least they haven't this year - so just relax, try to take your mind off of it for this weekend, and enjoy your JS2 next week. :)


You.

I like you.

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:55 pm

majodm5 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
majodm5 wrote:
Am I right in assuming u go to Harvard? You still have it nicer than we do. We don't get a three day weekend either... and we only get one week for spring break and the normal Thanksgiving break... You're lucky.


Yale actually, Harvard has school on Monday after thanksgiving :P


Lol well I'm jealous of your schedule... not to mention that I also have to write a thesis to graduate... :S


Yea it's great...especially since I wrote my thesis last semester. Best last semester/spring break ever.

majodm5
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby majodm5 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Curious1 wrote:
majodm5 wrote:
Curious1 wrote:
majodm5 wrote:
Am I right in assuming u go to Harvard? You still have it nicer than we do. We don't get a three day weekend either... and we only get one week for spring break and the normal Thanksgiving break... You're lucky.


Yale actually, Harvard has school on Monday after thanksgiving :P


Lol well I'm jealous of your schedule... not to mention that I also have to write a thesis to graduate... :S


Yea it's great...especially since I wrote my thesis last semester. Best last semester/spring break ever.


I didn't know you guys also had to write a thesis for undergrad? and I'm so envious how did you right your thesis last semester? I wish I'd been able to do that. Enjoy a well deserved last semester/spring break!! Where r you planning to go to law school so far?

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Congratz Byzantine! (Belated but I was on a forced vacation from TLS heh)

JosephusMyer
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby JosephusMyer » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:37 pm

So am I right in thinking that no February completes have heard anything yet? Because it took a full month between submitting and going complete for me (presumably because I'm an international), I'm starting to run out of fingernails to chew...

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:48 pm

JosephusMyer wrote:So am I right in thinking that no February completes have heard anything yet? Because it took a full month between submitting and going complete for me (presumably because I'm an international), I'm starting to run out of fingernails to chew...

Since almost every full-international with good numbers has been held, I'm betting they're waiting until later in the cycle to decide about us. I wouldn't panic if you don't hear anything this month.

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby sharktankdean » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:37 pm

does harvard usually change their voicemail when they are closed for a day? cuz i called just to check if they would be open tomorrow...listened to the voicemail and there was nothing about them being closed on monday.

User avatar
mikeylikesit
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby mikeylikesit » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:54 pm

sharktankdean wrote:does harvard usually change their voicemail when they are closed for a day? cuz i called just to check if they would be open tomorrow...listened to the voicemail and there was nothing about them being closed on monday.


Let's just pretend that they are indeed closed tomorrow so I can sleep through the night and not wake up every 30 minutes with mini panic attacks.

User avatar
ladeornmc
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby ladeornmc » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:29 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
JosephusMyer wrote:So am I right in thinking that no February completes have heard anything yet? Because it took a full month between submitting and going complete for me (presumably because I'm an international), I'm starting to run out of fingernails to chew...

Since almost every full-international with good numbers has been held, I'm betting they're waiting until later in the cycle to decide about us. I wouldn't panic if you don't hear anything this month.


Just curious when people use "full-international" is that excluding Canadians?

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby soj » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:34 pm

ladeornmc wrote:Just curious when people use "full-international" is that excluding Canadians?

They mean internationals with no numerical LSDAS GPA.

User avatar
mikeylikesit
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby mikeylikesit » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:38 am

So there was a good sized batch of acceptances on President's Day last year I'm going to throw up.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:15 am

mikeylikesit wrote:So there was a good sized batch of acceptances on President's Day last year I'm going to throw up.


Oh boy. Why oh why did I check this thread before heading to sleep.

Fingers crossed. Good luck guys!

countercouper
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby countercouper » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:36 am

^ Stole the words right out of my mouth. Elliott and Mikey, godspeed.

User avatar
captainwasabi09
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby captainwasabi09 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Hey Harvey,


Wanna set a date this week? Email me. <3


Toodles,

Wasabbers

XOXO




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”