Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Elendil wrote:And so the Office of Admissions wakes from its long slumber. Out of pure curiosity, who was the email signed by?


Edited to include.

User avatar
Byzantine
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Byzantine » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Held 13:48 EST. (Signed KB)

(Since this thread wasn't updated, idly clicking on your e-mail tab and seeing "Harvard Law School - Application Status Update" is a massive WTF moment)


dang everyone take cover, here they come! I'm sure you'll claw your way to the top of the heap, Nulli!

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Held 13:48 EST. (Signed KB)

(Since this thread wasn't updated, idly clicking on your e-mail tab and seeing "Harvard Law School - Application Status Update" is a massive WTF moment)


Wait, so is KB still working there, or did she write the email before she left and the staff just sent it out? Very curious.

Anywho, keep your head up, Nulli!

banker9
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:23 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby banker9 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Elendil wrote:And so the Office of Admissions wakes from its long slumber. Out of pure curiosity, who was the email signed by?


i was reading this thread last week, and I think a bunch of ppl were 'held' at the end of the week. i'm not sure this new held email signals anything new.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby snehpets » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:09 pm

banker9 wrote:
Elendil wrote:And so the Office of Admissions wakes from its long slumber. Out of pure curiosity, who was the email signed by?


i was reading this thread last week, and I think a bunch of ppl were 'held' at the end of the week. i'm not sure this new held email signals anything new.


Yeah, I have to agree unfortunately. I was held 2/3

bleepbloop
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby bleepbloop » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:14 pm

.
Last edited by bleepbloop on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elendil » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:17 pm

snehpets wrote:
banker9 wrote:
Elendil wrote:And so the Office of Admissions wakes from its long slumber. Out of pure curiosity, who was the email signed by?


i was reading this thread last week, and I think a bunch of ppl were 'held' at the end of the week. i'm not sure this new held email signals anything new.


Yeah, I have to agree unfortunately. I was held 2/3


Woops, my bad then! Wishful thinking...

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:22 pm

bleepbloop wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Held 13:48 EST. (Signed KB)

(Since this thread wasn't updated, idly clicking on your e-mail tab and seeing "Harvard Law School - Application Status Update" is a massive WTF moment)


Wait, so is KB still working there, or did she write the email before she left and the staff just sent it out? Very curious.

Anywho, keep your head up, Nulli!


Yes, she still works there. She's the director of admissions. The office was just functioning without a dean this year so she assumed the responsibilities of the dean even though her title did not change.


Ah! Got it. So JS has come in above KB then.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Sooo..Nothing else? Guess my theory was correct, my file fell behind the desk and they held me when they finally found it.

JosephusMyer
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby JosephusMyer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Sooo..Nothing else? Guess my theory was correct, my file fell behind the desk and they held me when they finally found it.


Just out of interest - I see you're foreign UG - what did LSAC 'translate' your grade as?

Syme
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Syme » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Went from app received to UR at Harvard with no email today (2/8). Submitted on 1/18. Let the madness begin.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:03 pm

JosephusMyer wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Sooo..Nothing else? Guess my theory was correct, my file fell behind the desk and they held me when they finally found it.


Just out of interest - I see you're foreign UG - what did LSAC 'translate' your grade as?


Superior.

plurilingue
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby plurilingue » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:09 pm

.
Last edited by plurilingue on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby PopTorts13 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Those of you that were held, when did you apply? Thanks!

backwards54
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby backwards54 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:11 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:
JosephusMyer wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Sooo..Nothing else? Guess my theory was correct, my file fell behind the desk and they held me when they finally found it.


Just out of interest - I see you're foreign UG - what did LSAC 'translate' your grade as?


Superior.


Same here. Where are you from?

plurilingue
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby plurilingue » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:15 am

.
Last edited by plurilingue on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crystalized
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:23 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby crystalized » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 am

Hi all, newcomer to the forum. I don't know much about the Harvard process, although reading parts of this thread has been helpful (and also made me realize how ignorant I am). I have some questions on this KB interview business, did a search and couldn't find anything, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before but would really appreciate someone shedding some light.

What questions are asked during KB1? I hear mention of KB1 and KB2, are there always two phone calls? What about for international applicants?

If my questions have already been answered somewhere, could someone link me to the place? Much appreciated.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby seahawk32 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:11 am

Where you offered a KB1? If so, it may be the first in a while.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:11 am

crystalized wrote:What questions are asked during KB1? I hear mention of KB1 and KB2, are there always two phone calls? What about for international applicants?

For international applicants, the interview (KB1/JS1) is still conducted by phone, but there is an acceptance email rather than an acceptance call (so there is no KB2/JS2).

My interview was a few of months ago, but the standard questions KB was asking at that point were: (1) Why do you want to study the law? (2) What are you doing now? And, sometimes: (3) Why Harvard?

But they just hired someone new (JS) and we don't know who will be doing the interviews now, so it is possible the questions might change.

Did you just get a KB1/JS1?

User avatar
sharktankdean
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby sharktankdean » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:50 pm

The fact that Harvard is still holding people in the second week of July is not making any sense...I mean its been 5 weeks...35days since they sent out a KB1/JS1...are they really going to wait till they read every single app before they send out more? Or maybe they were waiting for Yale and Stanford to send out its rejections so that people get more desperate and realize that Harvard is the only shot at HYS they have left.

J.S. is probably stroking her fat white cat as I type this.

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby crooked » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 pm

sharktankdean wrote:The fact that Harvard is still holding people in the second week of July is not making any sense...I mean its been 5 weeks...35days since they sent out a KB1/JS1...are they really going to wait till they read every single app before they send out more? Or maybe they were waiting for Yale and Stanford to send out its rejections so that people get more desperate and realize that Harvard is the only shot at HYS they have left.

J.S. is probably stroking her fat white cat as I type this.


July?

justanotherlurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby justanotherlurker » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Long-time lurker, just wanted to give a heads up that JS is doing interviews this week.

countercouper
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby countercouper » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:02 pm

justanotherlurker wrote:Long-time lurker, just wanted to give a heads up that JS is doing interviews this week.


ahhhhh. did you get an interview? when did you submit?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Killingly » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 pm

justanotherlurker wrote:Long-time lurker, just wanted to give a heads up that JS is doing interviews this week.


Any news for the held?

JosephusMyer
Posts: 61
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby JosephusMyer » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 pm

justanotherlurker wrote:Long-time lurker, just wanted to give a heads up that JS is doing interviews this week.


Explain, s'il vous plaît?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests