Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snehpets

Silver

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Post by snehpets » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:43 pm

addy11 wrote:For those who have been held: Does your status checker update at all? If so -- how long after the email is sent?
When did you submit? This isn't an answer to your question unfortunately, but I'm anticipating a hold/reject so I'm curious if our dates are similar. I went UR 12/7 and got the complete email like a week later.

curiousgeorgia

Bronze

Post by curiousgeorgia » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:45 pm

snehpets wrote:
addy11 wrote:For those who have been held: Does your status checker update at all? If so -- how long after the email is sent?
When did you submit? This isn't an answer to your question unfortunately, but I'm anticipating a hold/reject so I'm curious if our dates are similar. I went UR 12/7 and got the complete email like a week later.
My status checker app updated dates, but the status itself is still the same. I wasn't on my computer with the app when I got the e-mail, so I don't know exactly when the update happened, but it was definitely the same day that I got the hold e-mail. HTH!

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:49 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
snehpets wrote:
My status checker app updated dates, but the status itself is still the same. I wasn't on my computer with the app when I got the e-mail, so I don't know exactly when the update happened, but it was definitely the same day that I got the hold e-mail. HTH!
My status date updated immediately following my email.

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Post by rotaxkarter » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:50 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
snehpets wrote:
+1, my status checker date updated, but status remained the same.

rotaxkarter

Bronze

Post by rotaxkarter » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:53 pm

All those held should join us in the held thread :)

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=175633

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:58 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
snehpets wrote:
curiousgeorgia: Hope your luck this cycle continues with a HLS acceptance.

snehpets: submitted and complete in early October. Don't know what to make of the not hearing anything :|

In my head everyone on the ad comm has decided I'm a reject except for one intractable "juror" who is holding out and doggedly advocating for me :P

JosephusMyer

New

Post by JosephusMyer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:00 pm

addy11 wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:
snehpets wrote:

snehpets: submitted and complete in early October. Don't know what to make of the not hearing anything :|

In my head everyone on the ad comm has decided I'm a reject except for one intractable "juror" who is holding out and doggedly advocating for me :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzZ6Uftf ... re=related

addy11

Bronze

Post by addy11 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:09 pm

JosephusMyer wrote:
addy11 wrote:

:D :D I like you.

JosephusMyer

New

Post by JosephusMyer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 pm

addy11 wrote:
JosephusMyer wrote:
addy11 wrote:

:D :D I like you.
Or maybe this documentary clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_zM3HLCUU

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nsbane

Bronze

Post by nsbane » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:24 pm

How are you notified of a phone interview? Do they call your house to schedule it? I am in a remote area outside of the country and have to use Skype when I call the US. Has anyone ever used Skype on here in the intvw?

nametaken

Bronze

Post by nametaken » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 pm

nsbane wrote:How are you notified of a phone interview? Do they call your house to schedule it? I am in a remote area outside of the country and have to use Skype when I call the US. Has anyone ever used Skype on here in the intvw?
They e-mail you to schedule it. At which point, I guess you would have to reply and let her know your situation.

phx

New

Post by phx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 pm

nsbane wrote:How are you notified of a phone interview? Do they call your house to schedule it? I am in a remote area outside of the country and have to use Skype when I call the US. Has anyone ever used Skype on here in the intvw?
Get a Google Voice number, it's free. With mine I can call the US and Canada for free, and people can call me as well. When someone calls you, you have to be signed into Gmail to answer it, otherwise it goes to voicemail.

captainwasabi09

Bronze

Post by captainwasabi09 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Submitted 12/30, Received 1/3, Under Review 1/11, Complete today (1/19). Now I can worry like the rest of you!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:18 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:Submitted 12/30, Received 1/3, Under Review 1/11, Complete today (1/19). Now I can worry like the rest of you!
Numbers twin here. I submitted two days earlier, but every other date was the same. I wonder when we'll get the love (or hate)!

captainwasabi09

Bronze

Post by captainwasabi09 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Byzantine wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:Submitted 12/30, Received 1/3, Under Review 1/11, Complete today (1/19). Now I can worry like the rest of you!
Numbers twin here. I submitted two days earlier, but every other date was the same. I wonder when we'll get the love (or hate)!

I hope it's love. But I'm straight from undergrad, graduating in 3 years instead of 4, so we'll see where that puts me. Are you a few years out of UG?

countercouper

New

Post by countercouper » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 pm

A question to anyone familiar with past cycles: is it normal for 2 weeks to pass in January without any KB1 emails, or is it more likely that KB1 emails have gone out, just not to anyone on TLS?

countercouper

New

Post by countercouper » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 pm

A question to anyone familiar with past cycles: is it normal for 2 weeks to pass in January without any KB1 emails, or is it more likely that KB1 emails have gone out, just not to anyone on TLS?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:58 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
Byzantine wrote:

I hope it's love. But I'm straight from undergrad, graduating in 3 years instead of 4, so we'll see where that puts me. Are you a few years out of UG?
Yeah, I've been out for 3 years. Got a MA and been working at a non-profit.

I'd think the early graduation could be a positive (Don't think it could be a negative)-- it could be read as showing you're a hard worker, etc... And dang it would be nice be graduated as a JD at the age of 24.

Elliott_Smith

Bronze

Post by Elliott_Smith » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Byzantine wrote:And dang it would be nice be graduated as a JD at the age of 24.
Tell me about it..I had the option of doing college in three years and decided to take my time...And I'm a year younger than most, so would have had a shot at a JD by 23.

But better this way.

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Elliott_Smith wrote:
Byzantine wrote:And dang it would be nice be graduated as a JD at the age of 24.
Tell me about it..I had the option of doing college in three years and decided to take my time...And I'm a year younger than most, so would have had a shot at a JD by 23.

But better this way.
Yeah, but I think I am way better prepared to be successful, especially professionally, now. Three years ago I would have been clueless writing my first cover letter, interviewing, etc...

Tofer

New

Post by Tofer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:42 pm

After reading the posts about the "meaning" of complete emails and UR statuses, I am starting to get anxious:

I went under review on 12/21 and got a "complete" email on 1/5. However, I have yet to hear anything and have been checking my email spam. Any idea on why it's taking so long for me to hear something?

PS: I know you all say that the complete email means that the application review has been completed and you are about to get a decision (kb1, hold, etc...). In that case, the email is ambiguous because it says the following: "As of today, your application to Harvard Law School is complete. This means that we have received and assembled all required materials and submitted your application for review." What's the point of the "under review" status then? -_-

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

captainwasabi09

Bronze

Post by captainwasabi09 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Byzantine wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:
Byzantine wrote:

I'd think the early graduation could be a positive (Don't think it could be a negative)-- it could be read as showing you're a hard worker, etc... And dang it would be nice be graduated as a JD at the age of 24.
That would be nice. But as you bring up you get professional advantages to having work experience. I have an internship in Parliament under my belt and a part-time job, but in no way is that the same as having interviewed or having participated in a full-time job search. The lack of work experience is my number one concern for me.

Edit: Also, graduating from UG at Michigan on my 21st birthday is a sad, sad thing.
Last edited by captainwasabi09 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Tofer wrote:After reading the posts about the "meaning" of complete emails and UR statuses, I am starting to get anxious:

I went under review on 12/21 and got a "complete" email on 1/5. However, I have yet to hear anything and have been checking my email spam. Any idea on why it's taking so long for me to hear something?

PS: I know you all say that the complete email means that the application review has been completed and you are about to get a decision (kb1, hold, etc...). In that case, the email is ambiguous because it says the following: "As of today, your application to Harvard Law School is complete. This means that we have received and assembled all required materials and submitted your application for review." What's the point of the "under review" status then? -_-
Some wait people wait a LONG time after they receive a "Complete" email. There's a thread just for the forgotten, many of whom went UR before thanksgiving and haven't heard a thing. I wouldn't worry just yet.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm

captainwasabi09 wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:
Byzantine wrote: Numbers twin here. I submitted two days earlier, but every other date was the same. I wonder when we'll get the love (or hate)!

That would be nice. But as you bring up you get professional advantages to having work experience. I have an internship in Parliament under my belt and a part-time job, but in no way is that the same as having interviewed or having participated in a full-time job search. The lack of work experience is my number one concern for me.
One of the benefits of finishing my Undergrad in three years, now I'm working full time and will still have a JD at 24, even with the work experience. I'm just worried I'll be the baby of the class wherever I end up

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:06 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
captainwasabi09 wrote:

One of the benefits of finishing my Undergrad in three years, now I'm working full time and will still have a JD at 24, even with the work experience. I'm just worried I'll be the baby of the class wherever I end up
Working ages you a lot, whether its a year or 5 years. There will be lots of k-jds around to make you feel like a wise old sage.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”