Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby ladybug89 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:59 am

submitted, yay!

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MumofCad » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:03 am

Killing me softly with no sound.......Maybe none of us have the #s/apps to be auto-admits this year? Is there a way to tell on LSN if JR1 invites have started going out?

ETA: Never mind. Checked LSN profiles for people with auto-admit numbers, unless they aren't updating, no invites yet.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:29 am

Seeing how I behaved last year, I guess I am the last person to say this but; be calm. We went UR 7 days later than last year, so it is reasonable to expect that this time frame shit will be also reflected to JR1 invites.
Last edited by Nulli Secundus on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MumofCad » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:Seeing how I behaved last year, I guess I am the last person to say this but; be calm. We went UR 7 days later than last year, so it is reasonable to expect that this time frame shit will also reflect to JR1 invites.


Yeah, it will happen when it happens, but I think the Yale delay is getting me antsy. Its pretty much crossing it off my list, because it will likely mean even later returns from them (which were already so late in general). So Harvard has now taken on even more importance (if that is possible). Argh. This would have been a much easier process 5 years ago.

User avatar
mjitbswyd
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby mjitbswyd » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:22 am

the funnest thing I can imagine now is to receive a email from harvard (most likely with my phone), wait 8 seconds for it to load, and see "your application is now complete" (I think that actually happend last year)..

User avatar
rotaxkarter
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby rotaxkarter » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:31 am

Submitted 10/12, UR today. Didn't receive app complete email.

User avatar
mjitbswyd
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby mjitbswyd » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 am

rotaxkarter wrote:Submitted 10/12, UR today. Didn't receive app complete email.


the best part is that they sent out complete email days after UR (if I didn't misread that thread)

Kimberly
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Kimberly » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:04 pm

MumofCad wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Seeing how I behaved last year, I guess I am the last person to say this but; be calm. We went UR 7 days later than last year, so it is reasonable to expect that this time frame shit will also reflect to JR1 invites.


Yeah, it will happen when it happens, but I think the Yale delay is getting me antsy. Its pretty much crossing it off my list, because it will likely mean even later returns from them (which were already so late in general). So Harvard has now taken on even more importance (if that is possible). Argh. This would have been a much easier process 5 years ago.


My yoga instructor always says, "good things will happen when you can trust the unfolding of life." Now, doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? :?

User avatar
annyong
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby annyong » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:08 pm

I do not have an auto-admit LSAT score, so I'm not even expecting to be in the first pile of admits, and yet I've still been nervously glancing at my email since Monday...this does not bode well for the next 3-6 months of this process...

metaphobe
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby metaphobe » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:39 pm

submitted 10/11, just went UR today.

i was about to go get lunch, but all of a sudden i've lost my appetite...

Schola
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Schola » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:04 pm

MumofCad wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Seeing how I behaved last year, I guess I am the last person to say this but; be calm. We went UR 7 days later than last year, so it is reasonable to expect that this time frame shit will also reflect to JR1 invites.


Yeah, it will happen when it happens, but I think the Yale delay is getting me antsy. Its pretty much crossing it off my list, because it will likely mean even later returns from them (which were already so late in general). So Harvard has now taken on even more importance (if that is possible). Argh. This would have been a much easier process 5 years ago.


Even last year would have been much easier. As far as I can tell scanning through last year's thread, JR1s began going out on Oct. 8 and the interviews themselves began on either Oct. 11 or Oct. 12.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby soj » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:11 pm

submitted last week, UR today by status checker

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby spek » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:42 am

I applied on the 12th, UR on the 19th. That was fast.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MumofCad » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:48 am

Seriously, it seems odd to keep putting new people UR while not beginning to interview those from the first batch. It would be so nice to know how the internal processes for all these schools worked. Like do they wait to get to some sort of critical mass before beginning the first set? Is the Dean change causing a delay in interviewing? Do we all just not qualify this year on TLS? Oh the questions I could ask....anonymously of course ;)

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Just checked mine and its also under review. Got my complete email on the 17th, so wow they move fast. And yes, I'd also like to know when to start expecting that JR1. One more thing to refresh my inbox for every 3 seconds. :p

anstone1988
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby anstone1988 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:15 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Just checked mine and its also under review. Got my complete email on the 17th, so wow they move fast. And yes, I'd also like to know when to start expecting that JR1. One more thing to refresh my inbox for every 3 seconds. :p


You got a complete email from HLS? Did anyone else get a complete email?

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:18 pm

anstone1988 wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Just checked mine and its also under review. Got my complete email on the 17th, so wow they move fast. And yes, I'd also like to know when to start expecting that JR1. One more thing to refresh my inbox for every 3 seconds. :p


You got a complete email from HLS? Did anyone else get a complete email?


I think he means the "application received" e-mail.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:12 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:
anstone1988 wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Just checked mine and its also under review. Got my complete email on the 17th, so wow they move fast. And yes, I'd also like to know when to start expecting that JR1. One more thing to refresh my inbox for every 3 seconds. :p


You got a complete email from HLS? Did anyone else get a complete email?


I think he means the "application received" e-mail.


Indeed, she means the "application recieved". My file is now complete, as of 10/21 and is under review as per status checker but they did not send an email stating that.

User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby ladybug89 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Just went under review, submitted 10/17. ahh!

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby kulshan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Maybe there just won't be any interviews this year!

User avatar
sdwhodat
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby sdwhodat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:45 pm

kulshan wrote:Maybe there just won't be any interviews this year!


I like this idea.

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MumofCad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Yeah, I looked back over last year's thread and saw something I missed the first time, a mention that last year's schedule of JR1s was 2 weeks earlier than was typical from the prior two years. So it could be that last year was the anomaly, rather than this year. It also seemed that they speculated it might up notification of acceptance dates, but did not. So either way, sometime soon we should start seeing JR1s (though invites went out Thurs/Fri last year with the interview early the next week) and decisions right before Thanksgiving breaks on the first rounders.

User avatar
kulshan
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby kulshan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:04 pm

MumofCad wrote:Yeah, I looked back over last year's thread and saw something I missed the first time, a mention that last year's schedule of JR1s was 2 weeks earlier than was typical from the prior two years. So it could be that last year was the anomaly, rather than this year. It also seemed that they speculated it might up notification of acceptance dates, but did not. So either way, sometime soon we should start seeing JR1s (though invites went out Thurs/Fri last year with the interview early the next week) and decisions right before Thanksgiving breaks on the first rounders.


Aiee! Annoyingly, I'll be in London with no phone for the 9 days directly before Thanksgiving. >.<

User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby ladybug89 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:29 pm

kulshan wrote:
MumofCad wrote:Yeah, I looked back over last year's thread and saw something I missed the first time, a mention that last year's schedule of JR1s was 2 weeks earlier than was typical from the prior two years. So it could be that last year was the anomaly, rather than this year. It also seemed that they speculated it might up notification of acceptance dates, but did not. So either way, sometime soon we should start seeing JR1s (though invites went out Thurs/Fri last year with the interview early the next week) and decisions right before Thanksgiving breaks on the first rounders.


Aiee! Annoyingly, I'll be in London with no phone for the 9 days directly before Thanksgiving. >.<


Yeah, I'm going to be abroad too. Have you thought about getting one of those skype online number thingies? I dunno though if that would be cheaper than just taking an international call on a regular phone.

User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby ladybug89 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:30 pm

and thanks mumofcad! that's really useful info.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lillawyer2, mm2368, notsolawful and 11 guests