Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
EMZE

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby EMZE » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:46 am

lats19nys wrote:
jetissent wrote:@lats19nys How sad is your life that you feel the need to antagonize a vet in Afghanistan for venting 30 seconds of his legitimate concerns/questions on a forum where people spend every day mindlessly speculating about date changes in a status checker. His softs are clearly a very strong aspect of his application and therefore completely relevant to his question about what his post-hold status chances are.

Not everyone has the luxury we do of reading every new post in this thread.

How said is it that you seek to patronize people instead of treating people for what they actually say or do. I treat everyone the same for their merits unlike you. Let me guess you're the type of person who looks at disadvantage people as somehow beneath you and worthy of your protection.

And you say Kring has insecurities? Dude, his post reeks of humility, and your attitude is condescending and unhelpful. Depending on where he is in Afghanistan, he probably waited 30 minutes in line outside an MWR tent in the freezing Afghan shithole mountains, was given a cubicle smaller than a closet with a curtain behind him, and is balancing the 30 minute time slot he is given on the MWR computer between writing to family, checking his applications, and checking in to TLS for recent events. I really hope you are just some senior in undergrad and havent made it out into the real world yet, because you have a lot of growing up to do.

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:02 am

I grew up around the military and there were certainly people in it (usually young guys) who abused the humble brag for whatever purpose (usually to get girls :lol: ), and it was obviously annoying. People in and out of the military would admit to being annoyed by it without thinking anything of it. Did it mean they had any less respect for the danger they put themselves in for all of us? No. It just meant that they were annoying personally just like everyone else in the world in some way.

I'm not defending the original poster that everyone's pissed at because I think it's a sensitive subject and one I wouldn't feel appropriate calling anyone but my close friends in the military out on, and then it would obviously be a joke. I'm also not saying that the original poster in Afghanistan was doing the whole humble brag thing in the first place. Plus, obviously it's an ass move to call anyone out on sharing their credentials when it's all we do all day long. I just mean that I don't think the guy necessarily meant any disrespect to the military, this guy sacrificing his time, putting himself in danger, etc. He was just commenting on an aspect of his personality that he didn't care for.

Again, not saying I condone it, and I certainly hope no one will take this post as offensive to the military or themselves personally, just saying that it probably wasn't as malicious as people seem to have interpreted it as. For what my opinion is worth, anyway (nothing? :lol: )

Anyway, congrats to the KB2 person recently! Hopefully this thread will get back to that more. I remember reading somewhere that KB1s often came on Tuesday so maybe some people will hear today? Hoping for good news for all of you! (and me, lol)
Last edited by snehpets on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

thederangedwang

Postby thederangedwang » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:08 am

--ImageRemoved--

look! a kitten! all fighting must stop lest its innocence be corrupted!

fingerscrossedxx

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:22 am

thederangedwang wrote:--ImageRemoved--

SUCH a cute kitteh!

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:51 am

Kring345 wrote:

WTF? How are my LORs, PS, etc not the same thing as my stats? My "softs" are the only reasons why I wasnt rejected instantaneously from H. So I was trying to shed some light on my overall application. First you say Im egotistical, then you say that Im insecure. Im typing this in a fucking tent in like 30 seconds. Im not exactly sitting down to write coherently. Just spitting out the necessary info. Have I met you? Nope. So STFU. Why do people feel the need to make ridiculous comments on boards. If you dont like what I said, then just roll your eyes at me and move on.

Hmmm Maybe I should practice what I preach... :roll: moving on

Moving on is best Kring...

I think I read your PS earlier in the cycle? Didn't you PM it to me? I think it is strong and based on the content, that your LORs are as well. An additional one can not hurt, especially if it adds to your package, and in your case I would recommend digging up another academic LOR. The concern for H or any school letting someone in on softs alone is whether you can hack it academically, so that's what you want to address in looking to strengthen your app IMO. A held means they are still considering your application and now is a great time to give yourself a little something more to get over the hump.

With your numbers, a hold is actually a great result and means you did have a strong app otherwise. They aren't going to let in many non-URMs with those numbers, so they will likely hold the applicants in that category to late in the game to fill those diversity slots. My friend got one of them last year with a higher GPA but lower LSAT than yours - she was held and eventually WL for a week before getting in. Hang in there and try to get your app as strong as possible before they render a decision.

LawGuy321

Postby LawGuy321 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:29 pm

thederangedwang wrote:--ImageRemoved--

AWWWwwwwWWW!

::cuddles the kitten::

::sneezes::

::takes an antihistamine::

::cuddles the kitten::

sharktankdean

Postby sharktankdean » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:59 pm

no news today?

AGooner11

Postby AGooner11 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Held yesterday as expected. I've been flying so I just got the email. Womp womp.

ArchitectOfPeace

Postby ArchitectOfPeace » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Forgive me if I am way behind on the forums, but I am living in Guatemala and it can be difficult to find internet! My application for HLS went UR on 12/20. Has anyone from this round heard anything or any idea when we will?

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:37 pm

ArchitectOfPeace wrote:Forgive me if I am way behind on the forums, but I am living in Guatemala and it can be difficult to find internet! My application for HLS went UR on 12/20. Has anyone from this round heard anything or any idea when we will?

I think my UR date was 12/20 and had a KB1 Monday so hopefully you will hear something soonish!

ArchitectOfPeace

Postby ArchitectOfPeace » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:26 pm

nametaken wrote:
ArchitectOfPeace wrote:Forgive me if I am way behind on the forums, but I am living in Guatemala and it can be difficult to find internet! My application for HLS went UR on 12/20. Has anyone from this round heard anything or any idea when we will?

I think my UR date was 12/20 and had a KB1 Monday so hopefully you will hear something soonish!

Great! Thanks! :)

nametaken

Postby nametaken » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:35 pm

ArchitectOfPeace wrote:
nametaken wrote:

Great! Thanks! :)

No problem, good luck!!

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Is it weird that I'm sort of excited that I haven't been dinged yet?

cogitoergosum

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:04 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:Is it weird that I'm sort of excited that I haven't been dinged yet?

Nope, same :)

WhiteGuy5

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:36 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:Is it weird that I'm sort of excited that I haven't been dinged yet?

+1. Although, according to my projections, I am the very top of the rejection pile once they resume sending out dings.

Btw, when will that be again?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:40 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:

+1. Although, according to my projections, I am the very top of the rejection pile once they resume sending out dings.

no dude, I'm way more of an auto-ding than you

thelong

Postby thelong » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:42 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:

Me too. :(

Though I've got at least a couple weeks of anxiety considering my recent application.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:46 pm

thelong wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:

Me too. :(

Though I've got at least a couple weeks of anxiety considering my recent application.

C'mon, you guys with your GPAs above 3.5 are golden.

snehpets

Postby snehpets » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:47 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:

lol whiteguy you've gotta chill out. if you really have a 3.9 you're hardly an auto ding.

80eight

Postby 80eight » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Radio silence, with October UR/complete dates.... :?. I feel silly even posting since I know I'm auto-reject; I suppose I'm okay hearing nothing if it means one more day before having to look at my rejection email.

WhiteGuy5

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:52 pm

snehpets wrote:lol whiteguy you've gotta chill out. if you really have a 3.9 you're hardly an auto ding.

Well, I'm a 3.86, just below the median, so not a 3.9.

But, I'm not saying I'm at the top of the ding pile because of my numbers. And I don't think they're going by that anyway. I just remember the last round of rejections ended around 5:00 and they had JUST gotten to the 11/7 submitters. I'm thinking that's when they'll resume.

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:54 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
snehpets wrote:lol whiteguy you've gotta chill out. if you really have a 3.9 you're hardly an auto ding.

But, I'm not saying I'm at the top of the ding pile because of my numbers. And I don't think they're going by that anyway. I just remember the last round of rejections ended around 5:00 and they had JUST gotten to the 11/7 submitters. I'm thinking that's when they'll resume.

if its any consolation if yours is on top my in probably second. sigh.

thelong

Postby thelong » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
C'mon, you guys with your GPAs above 3.5 are golden.

But mine is exactly 3.5! I'm pretty sure you and I are going to have very similar cycles. Then again, you've definitely got the early application advantage.

I'm pretty okay with this being a huge longshot for me. It's just one of those chances I just have to take.

WhiteGuy5

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Take Two wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:

if its any consolation if yours is on top my in probably second. sigh.

It is.

--ImageRemoved--

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:02 pm

How fitting. By the end practically all of the original members of the company have been killed...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”