Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby jetissent » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:*Sigh.

Another day, no hold, KB1, or rejection. For all intents and purposes, I've been lost in the void.


I'm with you. Similar stats/submit date as well. At this point, I'm just happy to have survived round one of rejections and hope we'll survive round two as well whenever it comes. :)

User avatar
Lovely Ludwig Van
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Perdevise wrote:
Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:*Sigh.

Another day, no hold, KB1, or rejection. For all intents and purposes, I've been lost in the void.


I'm curious what it means. Are we on a waitlist or reject list? I'm not optimistic enough to believe we're on the KB1 list.


onions wrote:Any KB1 emails lately?


^ This guy has a 3.9/178 on LSN. So it's not like only the garbage people haven't heard back yet. My bet is on more 'holds' coming out tomorrow. Maybe they were just swamped today or something.

mooseman2216
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:21 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby mooseman2216 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm

just got an email inviting me to explore the options at harvard law.... 166 3.6 non-urm

Image

User avatar
rotaxkarter
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby rotaxkarter » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:*Sigh.

Another day, no hold, KB1, or rejection. For all intents and purposes, I've been lost in the void.


+1

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:48 pm

rotaxkarter wrote:
Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:*Sigh.

Another day, no hold, KB1, or rejection. For all intents and purposes, I've been lost in the void.


+1


+1 But every day I dont' get a rejection is a good day...

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Take Two » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:58 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
rotaxkarter wrote:
Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:*Sigh.

Another day, no hold, KB1, or rejection. For all intents and purposes, I've been lost in the void.


+1


+1 But every day I dont' get a rejection is a good day...


+1 as well, but at least for me it seems to be a date thing, they just havent gotten to my pile of dings yet. sigh.

User avatar
mickeyD
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby mickeyD » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Just give me my ding already!

jd20122015
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby jd20122015 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:31 pm

i've been under review 10/13. no kb1, no reject, no hold!

PKozi
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby PKozi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:58 pm

KB2 today! quite the call to take on a ski lift.

Submitted: mid-Nov.
Complete: 12/12-ish
KB1 email: 1/3
KB1:1/5

175/3.9, K-JD

Good luck to those held and those still waiting.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Take Two » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:59 pm

PKozi wrote:KB2 today! quite the call to take on a ski lift.

Submitted: mid-Nov.
Complete: 12/12-ish
KB1 email: 1/3
KB1:1/5

175/3.9, K-JD

Good luck to those held and those still waiting.


congrats! thats awesome! :D

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Submitted early-Nov. Just under both medians. Got nothing today. No hold. No KB1 email.

The radio silence between this and the Michigan thread = conspiracy against me.

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby icedflames » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 pm

came home to a hold email, stats in profile

PKozi
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby PKozi » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Take Two wrote:
congrats! thats awesome! :D


Thanks!

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Shooter » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:52 pm

icedflames wrote:came home to a hold email, stats in profile

That's rough, but at least you were spared from Friday's rejection spree! We have similar numbers so I'm anticipating a similar, if not worse, fate in a couple weeks.

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby seanPtheB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:08 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Submitted early-Nov. Just under both medians. Got nothing today. No hold. No KB1 email.

The radio silence between this and the Michigan thread = conspiracy against me.


No one who applied that late has gotten held or rejected have they?

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nelson » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:10 pm

seanPtheB wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Submitted early-Nov. Just under both medians. Got nothing today. No hold. No KB1 email.

The radio silence between this and the Michigan thread = conspiracy against me.


No one who applied that late has gotten held or rejected have they?

No. I think the latest group of holds/rejects were early November status checkers.

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby seanPtheB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Nelson wrote:
seanPtheB wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Submitted early-Nov. Just under both medians. Got nothing today. No hold. No KB1 email.

The radio silence between this and the Michigan thread = conspiracy against me.


No one who applied that late has gotten held or rejected have they?

No. I think the latest group of holds/rejects were early November status checkers.


Yea that's what I thought. No conspiracy whiteguy.

User avatar
Kring345
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Kring345 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Hey guys.

Im in Afghanistan and no internet access. Im currently in transit for a quick trip, so I have access for about 20 minutes before my flight arrives. So I hope someone responds quickly.

I was able to check my email and saw that I was held last week with a 3.8 /168. I have amazing work experience (USMC with 3x combat deployments), greatLORs, and a very well-crafted personal statement drawing off military, responsibility, maturity, etc over the course of a specific/technical project I supervised in Af last year. Gtown, Michigan, and UCLA all commented on how much they loved my PS.

What does held mean? I'd do the research myself, but I have very little time. Have they sent out rejections yet and it simply means I wasnt one of the first people rejected? I know about once a year or three, they accept someone with my stats who will add diversity to their class. So Im trying to figure out if I should continue laughing at my chances at H or if the held is a good sign that they are actually considering me.

Also, how do I submit additional material? LORS through LSAC? Updated resume through snail mail? LOCI through snail mail?

Thanks.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby snehpets » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Kring345 wrote:Hey guys.

Im in Afghanistan and no internet access. Im currently in transit for a quick trip, so I have access for about 20 minutes before my flight arrives. So I hope someone responds quickly.

I was able to check my email and saw that I was held last week with a 3.8 /168. I have amazing work experience (USMC with 3x combat deployments), greatLORs, and a very well-crafted personal statement drawing off military, responsibility, maturity, etc over the course of a specific/technical project I supervised in Af last year. Gtown, Michigan, and UCLA all commented on how much they loved my PS.

What does held mean? I'd do the research myself, but I have very little time. Have they sent out rejections yet and it simply means I wasnt one of the first people rejected? I know about once a year or three, they accept someone with my stats who will add diversity to their class. So Im trying to figure out if I should continue laughing at my chances at H or if the held is a good sign that they are actually considering me.

Also, how do I submit additional material? LORS through LSAC? Updated resume through snail mail? LOCI through snail mail?

Thanks.


They have sent out rejections already, so you're lucky not to be in that group. They posted on their blog that they were holding some people who they haven't made decisions on yet but that have been complete for 2+ months because they want them to hear something. Some people eventually get in after being held, some are waitlisted. I assume some are rejected as well but I'm not sure.

Not sure about extra materials, sorry!

lats19nys
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby lats19nys » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Kring345 wrote:Hey guys.

Im in Afghanistan and no internet access. Im currently in transit for a quick trip, so I have access for about 20 minutes before my flight arrives. So I hope someone responds quickly.

I was able to check my email and saw that I was held last week with a 3.8 /168. I have amazing work experience (USMC with 3x combat deployments), greatLORs, and a very well-crafted personal statement drawing off military, responsibility, maturity, etc over the course of a specific/technical project I supervised in Af last year. Gtown, Michigan, and UCLA all commented on how much they loved my PS.

What does held mean? I'd do the research myself, but I have very little time. Have they sent out rejections yet and it simply means I wasnt one of the first people rejected? I know about once a year or three, they accept someone with my stats who will add diversity to their class. So Im trying to figure out if I should continue laughing at my chances at H or if the held is a good sign that they are actually considering me.

Also, how do I submit additional material? LORS through LSAC? Updated resume through snail mail? LOCI through snail mail?

Thanks.


So basically from everything you said, all you actually needed to put was the last line...lol..the ego on you.

nametaken
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby nametaken » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Kring345 wrote:Hey guys.

Im in Afghanistan and no internet access. Im currently in transit for a quick trip, so I have access for about 20 minutes before my flight arrives. So I hope someone responds quickly.

I was able to check my email and saw that I was held last week with a 3.8 /168. I have amazing work experience (USMC with 3x combat deployments), greatLORs, and a very well-crafted personal statement drawing off military, responsibility, maturity, etc over the course of a specific/technical project I supervised in Af last year. Gtown, Michigan, and UCLA all commented on how much they loved my PS.

What does held mean? I'd do the research myself, but I have very little time. Have they sent out rejections yet and it simply means I wasnt one of the first people rejected? I know about once a year or three, they accept someone with my stats who will add diversity to their class. So Im trying to figure out if I should continue laughing at my chances at H or if the held is a good sign that they are actually considering me.

Also, how do I submit additional material? LORS through LSAC? Updated resume through snail mail? LOCI through snail mail?

Thanks.


Yes, people have been rejected, and it looks like a lot have also been held. A hold means they are holding off on making a decision on you until they know what the rest of their applicant pool looks like. I think some people get in after being held from the earlier discussion in here, and it is definitely better than a rejection. I don't know about how to send additional documentation, so hopefully someone else answers that for you! Good luck!!

ETA: posted this without realizing snehpets just said almost the same exact thing. oops!

User avatar
Kring345
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Kring345 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 pm

lats19nys wrote:
Kring345 wrote:Hey guys.

Im in Afghanistan and no internet access. Im currently in transit for a quick trip, so I have access for about 20 minutes before my flight arrives. So I hope someone responds quickly.

I was able to check my email and saw that I was held last week with a 3.8 /168. I have amazing work experience (USMC with 3x combat deployments), greatLORs, and a very well-crafted personal statement drawing off military, responsibility, maturity, etc over the course of a specific/technical project I supervised in Af last year. Gtown, Michigan, and UCLA all commented on how much they loved my PS.

What does held mean? I'd do the research myself, but I have very little time. Have they sent out rejections yet and it simply means I wasnt one of the first people rejected? I know about once a year or three, they accept someone with my stats who will add diversity to their class. So Im trying to figure out if I should continue laughing at my chances at H or if the held is a good sign that they are actually considering me.

Also, how do I submit additional material? LORS through LSAC? Updated resume through snail mail? LOCI through snail mail?

Thanks.

So basically from everything you said, all you actually needed to put was the last line...lol..the ego on you.

Um, so my stats, etc are not relevant when trying to predict whether being held is a positive or negative sign? I have a 168/3.8. That seems quite relevant (and embarassing) in the Harvard thread...
Last edited by Kring345 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kring345
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Kring345 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks snehpets and NameTaken.

Any one know about extra materials?

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby jetissent » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:01 pm

I am pretty sure that Harvard said they will not accept anything via email as they have an explicit policy against opening email attachments. I'd suggest snail mail, with anything you're submitting signed and with your LSAC ID.

lats19nys
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby lats19nys » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Kring345 wrote:
lats19nys wrote:
Kring345 wrote:Hey guys.

Im in Afghanistan and no internet access. Im currently in transit for a quick trip, so I have access for about 20 minutes before my flight arrives. So I hope someone responds quickly.

I was able to check my email and saw that I was held last week with a 3.8 /168. I have amazing work experience (USMC with 3x combat deployments), greatLORs, and a very well-crafted personal statement drawing off military, responsibility, maturity, etc over the course of a specific/technical project I supervised in Af last year. Gtown, Michigan, and UCLA all commented on how much they loved my PS.

What does held mean? I'd do the research myself, but I have very little time. Have they sent out rejections yet and it simply means I wasnt one of the first people rejected? I know about once a year or three, they accept someone with my stats who will add diversity to their class. So Im trying to figure out if I should continue laughing at my chances at H or if the held is a good sign that they are actually considering me.

Also, how do I submit additional material? LORS through LSAC? Updated resume through snail mail? LOCI through snail mail?

Thanks.

So basically from everything you said, all you actually needed to put was the last line...lol..the ego on you.

Um, so my stats, etc are not relevant when trying to predict whether being held is a positive or negative sign? I have a 168/3.8. That seems quite relevant (and embarassing) in the Harvard thread...


I wasn't talking about your stats. I was talking about the fact that you basically go along like I have a great personal statement, I have great recommendations, I have great this and that. Dude enough with the insecurities.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFtoLawschool, carlos_danger, dala77, Fantasyfreak294, Google [Bot], jdanz, jtawil, katthegreat11, lillawyer2, nahmjun, nightie, okf731, Rich Uncle Skeleton, studyingeveryday and 38 guests