Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby amc987 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:04 pm

I've decided that I am not cut out for this waiting. I feel like it would almost be better not to know that Harvard was giving bad news today. But if I didn't know, I'd just wonder. UGH. What I wouldn't give to be in some kind of hibernation until all my decisions are back.

Radio silence since I went complete in early Nov, btw. I am sorry for everyone who has heard bad news. Congrats to the new admits. I commiserate with those who are still in limbo (and may be for a while).

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby seanPtheB » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Wow, so sorry to hear that Hawkeye. Harvard seems to be really confident that the drop in lsat takers isn't going to really affect them at all.

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby tamereth » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:08 pm

So sorry to today's rejections :( It's unfair that you guys didn't even get waitlisted. You guys are in at many great schools though and definitely destined for great things, so it's Harvard that's missing out!

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elendil » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Congrats to those accepted and I'm sorry to those rejected!

Keeping this in perspective though, this doesn't seem very different from last year so far... on LSN there are random stellar scores and GPAs that were rejected throughout green territory. Trying to stay positive in limbo... :)

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Looks like the dings are going in order of submitted. And I think I'm next (early November)-- below both medians.

Sorry to everyone who got dinged today. But, hey, remember that these are just smart people problems :P , you're still going to be successful+get to where you need to be.

Good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby AmandaPB » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:20 pm

I wonder when WL/holds are coming. Soon, I guess?

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Wow, looks like a crazy thread today. Congrats to all the KB2s!! And sorry to those dinged, especially HP. I am really shocked you got dinged :(

I wonder what Harvard's strategy is this year... I can only speculate that they are looking more at soft factors/work experience (both HP and the 176, 3.8 person on LSN are still in undergrad).
Last edited by freestallion on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elendil » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:23 pm

freestallion wrote: I wonder what Harvard's strategy is this year... I can only speculate that they are looking more at soft factors/work experience.


+1

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby addy11 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:24 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Looks like the dings are going in order of submitted. And I think I'm next (early November)-- below both medians.

Sorry to everyone who got dinged today. But, hey, remember that these are just smart people problems :P , you're still going to be successful+get to where you need to be.

Good luck to everyone else!


If that is the case, I could take solace in having not received the email, having submitted before someone with better numbers than me who was already rejected. Not yet ready to get my hopes up on that account, though.

On a side note, my friends could not have picked a worse time to hold a spirited Wu-Tang pun-off based on this beer: http://www.factmag.com/2012/01/05/ghost ... the-world/

Seriously I have received an email every other minute for the past hour. :roll:

User avatar
FidusAchates
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:57 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby FidusAchates » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm so sorry for all those dinged today. But congratulations to those accepted!

I submitted back in mid-November, under review and complete email in mid-December. I just got my new LSAT score back on Wednesday, though (I'm a retaker with 167 -> 173), so I have no idea how long I'll have to wait to hear. Just have to hope for the best, I suppose - though seeing all the rejections for amazing applicants definitely makes me worried about my chances :(
Last edited by FidusAchates on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Samara » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Ah, there's my ding. Oh well. At least the wait is over.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Samara wrote:Ah, there's my ding. Oh well. At least the wait is over.


Stats/dates?

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Samara » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:32 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Samara wrote:Ah, there's my ding. Oh well. At least the wait is over.


Stats/dates?

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Samara

Total longshot, but I had an alum LOR, so I figured it was worth a try.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Yep, if you guys are reporting them as you get them, you're validating my theory about what order they're going in. It's gone from the earliest submitter to late October so far.

I feel like I'm going to have the honor of being the last ding lol. In any event, everyone else's dings have helped prepare me emotionally.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby snehpets » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:45 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Yep, if you guys are reporting them as you get them, you're validating my theory about what order they're going in. It's gone from the earliest submitter to late October so far.

I feel like I'm going to have the honor of being the last ding lol. In any event, everyone else's dings have helped prepare me emotionally.


An 11/05 submitter on LSN just got dinged, so I think you're right. Looking through last year's thread it took them several days. I bet this will continue on Monday.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Take Two » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:57 pm

Wow after reading through today's events I feel like Im sitting on train tracks just waiting to be run over by a train... :shock:

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby so_fetch » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:01 pm

I submitted 11/4 and haven't gotten anything. Hmmmm

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:35 pm

so_fetch wrote:I submitted 11/4 and haven't gotten anything. Hmmmm


Submitted a little after you. Ugh, now we have to wait a whole weekend to get a rejection notice.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Take Two » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:39 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
so_fetch wrote:I submitted 11/4 and haven't gotten anything. Hmmmm


Submitted a little after you. Ugh, now we have to wait a whole weekend to get a rejection notice.


def feel ya on this :(

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby amc987 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:43 pm

After stalking last year's thread, it seems like there were 2 days of early Jan rejections and then the holds started the day after that. KB says that she's been doing things "a little differently" but that hasn't really manifested itself in drastically different decision dates than before (pre-Thanksgiving, several rounds of pre-Christmas KB2s, and now early Jan rejections). It'll be interesting to see whether KB follows JR's pattern this year.

Take Two wrote:Wow after reading through today's events I feel like Im sitting on train tracks just waiting to be run over by a train... :shock:

+1. As usual, we seem to have similar feelings about the situation, Take Two.

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby paul34 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:44 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
larsoner
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby larsoner » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Submitted in early October, went complete in mid-October and haven't heard anything back. Could this mean I'll be WL? That would be way more than I expected. :)

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:46 pm

amc987 wrote:After stalking last year's thread, it seems like there were 2 days of early Jan rejections and then the holds started the day after that. KB says that she's been doing things "a little differently" but that hasn't really manifested itself in drastically different decision dates than before (pre-Thanksgiving, several rounds of pre-Christmas KB2s, and now early Jan rejections). It'll be interesting to see whether KB follows JR's pattern this year.

Take Two wrote:Wow after reading through today's events I feel like Im sitting on train tracks just waiting to be run over by a train... :shock:

+1. As usual, we seem to have similar feelings about the situation, Take Two.


So they decided to screw with TLS and make the first day a FRIDAY? :evil:

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:47 pm

paul34 wrote:dinged. Got complete e-mail on 11/23 although the status checker showed I was complete a few days before that. I knew Harvard was impossible for me. Oh well. $101 down the drain, but hey, at least I tried. Good luck to everyone else - I hope you all get into your dream schools.


When did you submit?

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby paul34 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:48 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests