Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:KB1!!!!!!

Submitted 10/27
UR 11/2
Complete 11/10
KB1 12/19

There is hope! #'s in profile.


CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! :) There IS hope! ANd here's hoping you get that KB2 before long! Fingers crossed for you!

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby AmandaPB » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:38 pm

mickeyD wrote:
AmandaPB wrote:
tamereth wrote:
AmandaPB wrote:What does it mean if you just never go complete? I’ve been under review forever and I submitted the first day. Do you guys think I’m out of the running?


I believe everyone's status has just been submit-> under review.

I know, I’m saying I never made the transition from under review to complete.


Did you get a completion email? On your status checker page you can check under "Mailings." There should be something that says "Email- Application Complete" with a date after your UR date.

Your actual status doesn't change from "Application Under Review," but you should get a completion email.

No, I have that. For some reason I thought that for Harvard you go from under review to complete or something. Regardless, since I submitted 9/15 and haven’t gotten a KB1 yet, do you guys think a rejection is headed my way?

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nelson » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:41 pm

AmandaPB wrote:No, I have that. For some reason I thought that for Harvard you go from under review to complete or something. Regardless, since I submitted 9/15 and haven’t gotten a KB1 yet, do you guys think a rejection is headed my way?

I doubt you're a ding because of your GPA. But I think those of us (myself included) who haven't heard yet after September completes are looking at January holds/WLs. January was the first round of holds last year.

User avatar
mickeyD
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby mickeyD » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Nelson wrote:
AmandaPB wrote:No, I have that. For some reason I thought that for Harvard you go from under review to complete or something. Regardless, since I submitted 9/15 and haven’t gotten a KB1 yet, do you guys think a rejection is headed my way?

I doubt you're a ding because of your GPA. But I think those of us (myself included) who haven't heard yet after September completes are looking at January holds/WLs. January was the first round of holds last year.


Is a hold better than a waitlist? Or is there little difference between the two?

ahnhub
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby ahnhub » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:16 pm

Holds are definitely better because it means they are still evaluating the app, and they have not yet made all of their initial offers yet (there are still seats to fill). A wait list means you won't get in until people start declining offers.

xkcd09
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby xkcd09 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:56 am

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:Is it possible that the KB1's given today could receive a decision before Christmas? Does anyone know when their offices close for the holiday?


The quickest turnaround between KB1 and KB2 I've seen this year is 3 days (KB1 on 12/5, KB2 on 12/8: one person, I think?). If you have your KB1 on 12/20, it's possible since according to Harvard's university holiday schedule, 12/23 is a half-day. If your KB1 is 12/21 or 12/22, I think it would be much less likely (although there doesn't seem to be anyone on TLS board with KB1 on 12/21 or 12/22). And if your KB1 is 12/23, you're definitely not getting a decision by new year unless KB decides to work over Christmas.

planeride
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby planeride » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:46 am

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:KB1!!!!!!

Submitted 10/27
UR 11/2
Complete 11/10
KB1 12/19

There is hope! #'s in profile.


(waving forlornly at the URM KB1 train as it passes by... :( )

Seriously though...congrats Kobe!

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby tamereth » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:27 am

Good luck to those interviewing today!

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:32 am

planeride wrote:
(waving forlornly at the URM KB1 train as it passes by... :( )

Seriously though...congrats Kobe!


Hahahaha THIS. We'll catch the next one Planeride!

User avatar
cindypopper
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby cindypopper » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Those who have their KB1 today please post how the call went, what she asked, how long it was, any info would be helpful...I have my KB1 tomorrow...Thanks!

User avatar
Davidbentley
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:49 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Davidbentley » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:06 pm

cindypopper wrote:Those who have their KB1 today please post how the call went, what she asked, how long it was, any info would be helpful...I have my KB1 tomorrow...Thanks!


Had mine yesterday. I got the why law? What are you doing now? And what kind of law? q's. She then asked if i had any questions for her. The majority of the call was taken up by her answering my question. It lasted 6 -7 minutes and was so informal I doubt they could make any significant decisions based on it. She is incredibly friendly and pleasant. Don't worry.

User avatar
cindypopper
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby cindypopper » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Davidbentley wrote:
cindypopper wrote:Those who have their KB1 today please post how the call went, what she asked, how long it was, any info would be helpful...I have my KB1 tomorrow...Thanks!


Had mine yesterday. I got the why law? What are you doing now? And what kind of law? q's. She then asked if i had any questions for her. The majority of the call was taken up by her answering my question. It lasted 6 -7 minutes and was so informal I doubt they could make any significant decisions based on it. She is incredibly friendly and pleasant. Don't worry.


Thank you!

countercouper
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby countercouper » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Has anyone who submitted their apps in early December gone complete yet? I submitted my app on 12/4, but my status still says "Application Received." :?

User avatar
luluw
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:35 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby luluw » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Just had my KB1
It lasted for only 5min 30sec. Asked what I'm up to recently and why law school. Did not ask why H but I mentioned it a bit. Then "do you have any questions for me?" I thought: "Already? That's it?!"
Last edited by luluw on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Zelda
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Zelda » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:23 pm

You may want to take the KB1 time specific stuff out --- it would be really easy for them to identify you!

oregon000
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:45 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby oregon000 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:24 pm

I would really like another phone call from harvard

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Samara » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:24 pm

oregon000 wrote:I would really like another phone call from harvard

FTFM

User avatar
luluw
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:35 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby luluw » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Zelda wrote:You may want to take the KB1 time specific stuff out --- it would be really easy for them to identify you!


Thanks!!

teacher10456
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby teacher10456 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:28 pm

countercouper wrote:Has anyone who submitted their apps in early December gone complete yet? I submitted my app on 12/4, but my status still says "Application Received." :?



Same here

Jerwinf1
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Jerwinf1 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Just had my interview - It was almost oddly short and informal. She didn't even ask me why Harvard... Total under eight minutes with about 3-4 talking about holiday plans and answering my question about 1L sections and mentoring.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nelson » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Samara wrote:
oregon000 wrote:I would really like another phone call from harvard

FTFM

+1

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:41 pm

oregon000 wrote:I would really like another phone call from harvard

+1000000
GAH, I think I'm going to die if we don't have more KB2s this week.

Already planning my LOCI for January if I get passed over again... :cry:

User avatar
huck2012
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby huck2012 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:09 pm

KB2!!!!!! Had to fight back tears when speaking with her. So happy! I hope others get the same fantastic news today!

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby icedflames » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:12 pm

huck2012 wrote:KB2!!!!!! Had to fight back tears when speaking with her. So happy! I hope others get the same fantastic news today!


CONGRATS! your numbers give me hope!

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Take Two » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:13 pm

huck2012 wrote:KB2!!!!!! Had to fight back tears when speaking with her. So happy! I hope others get the same fantastic news today!


Haha congrats, thats wonderful! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], mse2020 and 5 guests