Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
spek

Bronze
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby spek » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:16 am

Submitted!

User avatar
rotaxkarter

Bronze
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby rotaxkarter » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:31 am

Joining the crowd. Just submitted :).

User avatar
sdwhodat

Bronze
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby sdwhodat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:16 pm

OMG! Application under review! I was not prepared for that...

MumofCad

Silver
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MumofCad » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:18 pm

sdwhodat wrote:OMG! Application under review! I was not prepared for that...


Ohhhh....this is such good news! I was getting more and more anxious about my timeline as time went on with this. When do you submit? Were you a midnight person?

MumofCad

Silver
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MumofCad » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:19 pm

Wait, I'm under review now too! I just did my daily check an hour ago so I didn't think it would have ticked over. Wonder why everything is centered in the box now lol. Well glad the next waiting stage is officially under way. Good luck everyone!

KaleidoscopeEyes

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby KaleidoscopeEyes » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Under Review as well! Now I'm actually nervous...

User avatar
sdwhodat

Bronze
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby sdwhodat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:24 pm

MumofCad wrote:
sdwhodat wrote:OMG! Application under review! I was not prepared for that...


Ohhhh....this is such good news! I was getting more and more anxious about my timeline as time went on with this. When do you submit? Were you a midnight person?


I submitted on 9/15. It was late morning I think

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil

Silver
Posts: 1314
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Under review also! I submitted on 10/02. Does anyone have any idea how long people were 'Under Review' last year before getting an interview request or rejection? I'm guessing the first interview requests will come before any rejections.

freestallion

Silver
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Under Review as well. Really nervous - was not expecting this at all. Is this a good or bad or neutral thing? I also submitted recently so am surprised.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce

Silver
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Under review as well. Submitted 9/15. I'd be surprised if I got a JR1, but we shall see.

User avatar
kulshan

Bronze
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby kulshan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 pm

UR!

KaleidoscopeEyes

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby KaleidoscopeEyes » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Does anyone know when the first JR1 emails started coming out last year?

freestallion

Silver
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:28 pm

I just checked last year's thread. Some people went UR on 10/6 and started getting JR1 emails on 10/8.

Curious1

Silver
Posts: 952
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Under review. :|

KaleidoscopeEyes

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby KaleidoscopeEyes » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:29 pm

freestallion wrote:I just checked last year's thread. Some people went UR on 10/6 and started getting JR1 emails on 10/8.

Well that did nothing to alleviate my nervousness... :lol:

User avatar
Nulli Secundus

Gold
Posts: 3175
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:30 pm

UR here as well!

/highfive for first batch yo :)

Curious1

Silver
Posts: 952
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:30 pm

KaleidoscopeEyes wrote:
freestallion wrote:I just checked last year's thread. Some people went UR on 10/6 and started getting JR1 emails on 10/8.

Well that did nothing to alleviate my nervousness... :lol:


I think I'm going to be sick :( :(...if nothing comes on Monday I'll be even sicker :(

User avatar
annyong

Bronze
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:17 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby annyong » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Ahh im under review as well, I just submitted last week! Now I'm nervous but hopefully we will start seeing some phone interviews soon :shock:

User avatar
soj

Platinum
Posts: 7890
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby soj » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Good luck, y'all! Just submitted, so I'd be surprised if I get UR for at least another week.

freestallion

Silver
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm not holding my breath since I'm below the GPA median but rooting for you all :D

ETA: Also looking at last year's thread, it seems like they went in order of submission when sending JR emails. So probably those who submitted on 9/15 will start hearing first!

MumofCad

Silver
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MumofCad » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:36 pm

freestallion wrote:Under Review as well. Really nervous - was not expecting this at all. Is this a good or bad or neutral thing? I also submitted recently so am surprised.


Unfortunately for all of us, its neutral.

What's not is though darn JR1 emails. Having one in the first few weeks of calls is a very good sign according to last year's results. It seemed to not be as good to go UR with the first batch and not get a JR1 by Thanksgiving (not necessarily rejections, but alot of WL in that group). So now we just worry for the next month, because even if someone gets a JR1 early next week, the follow-up answer doesn't come until just prior to Thanksgiving. Either way, we have to worry lol.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce

Silver
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:37 pm

freestallion wrote:I'm not holding my breath since I'm below the GPA median but rooting for you all :D

ETA: Also looking at last year's thread, it seems like they went in order of submission when sending JR emails. So probably those who submitted on 9/15 will start hearing first!


Ugh yeah, same here. A couple people get in every year with my numbers but I'm not holding my breath.

Curious1

Silver
Posts: 952
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Curious1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
freestallion wrote:I'm not holding my breath since I'm below the GPA median but rooting for you all :D

ETA: Also looking at last year's thread, it seems like they went in order of submission when sending JR emails. So probably those who submitted on 9/15 will start hearing first!


Ugh yeah, same here. A couple people get in every year with my numbers but I'm not holding my breath.


Why not? You're at both medians.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce

Silver
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Curious1 wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
freestallion wrote:I'm not holding my breath since I'm below the GPA median but rooting for you all :D

ETA: Also looking at last year's thread, it seems like they went in order of submission when sending JR emails. So probably those who submitted on 9/15 will start hearing first!


Ugh yeah, same here. A couple people get in every year with my numbers but I'm not holding my breath.


Why not? You're at both medians.


Lol, no I'm not. I'm slightly below GPA median.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter

Diamond
Posts: 17152
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Under review, app being handed to intern to put into auto reject pile...



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 6 guests