Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Zelda
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Zelda » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:38 pm

If you get a KB1 now are your chances better than those who get a KB1 later? Or does it stay pretty constant?

It is good to hear that everyone who has had their KB1 so far thinks their conversation was pretty relaxed. Is the consensus that the KB1 is to just make sure you are capable of having a conversation? Or do you think that it is more than that?

And CONGRATULATIONS to all the new KB1-ers. :D :D

roguewave19
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby roguewave19 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:42 pm

So still no KB2s from the thanksgiving week group of KB1s? :(

thestillpoint
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thestillpoint » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:44 pm

roguewave19 wrote:So still no KB2s from the thanksgiving week group of KB1s? :(


I'm starting to think KB2's will come out next Monday-- covering the Thanksgiving week group, last weeks, and the KB1s today. At least, that's what I am hoping!

xkcd09
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby xkcd09 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:49 pm

i think today's KB1 emails really show that Harvard isn't going strictly in chronological order (since we had a few late October/early November submits in last week's KB1 batch and today's KB1 emails were both early October submitters; correct me if I'm wrong). That means everyone still has hope!

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby poe » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:51 pm

icedflames wrote:
freestallion wrote:OH MY GOD...................


JUST GOT A KB1 for tomorrow. I'M SPEECHLESS. I'm a borderline candidate and this has been my dream. I'm so nervous now...


Congrats!!!! this gives hope to all the 10/13 UR's out here


+1

I had pretty much given up on Harvard by this point, but now I'm going to be back to checking obsessively for that elusive KB1 email. Not sure if that's a good thing. ;)

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thederangedwang » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Yeah, HLS seems to be unpredictable this cycle. The fact that freestallion's KB1 is scheduled for tmr giving FS only 1 day to prepare (whereas others have had a week) shows this.

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby vincanity1 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:57 pm

xkcd09 wrote:i think today's KB1 emails really show that Harvard isn't going strictly in chronological order (since we had a few late October/early November submits in last week's KB1 batch and today's KB1 emails were both early October submitters; correct me if I'm wrong). That means everyone still has hope!


I submitted 9/15. Should've mentioned that with my original post.

Jbutt200
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Jbutt200 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Do KB2's always come out on a monday?

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nulli Secundus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks Harvard for changing the usual timeline only to pass over me for a second time.

TYBG <3

(10/13 UR)

thestillpoint
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thestillpoint » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Jbutt200 wrote:Do KB2's always come out on a monday?


I'm not 100% sure, but I know the first round of KB2's (except for one) came out on Monday this cycle. Last cycle, based on LSN, it looks like KB2s around this time were on Mondays (11/22, 12/06, 12/20). Then there were rejections on Jan 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8th-- and then some more random KB2's going forward (though clusters were generally on a Monday, such as 1/24). So it looks like Monday definitely has the highest probability.

Edited for accuracy.

User avatar
Sh@keNb@ke
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:54 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm

thederangedwang wrote:Yeah, HLS seems to be unpredictable this cycle. The fact that freestallion's KB1 is scheduled for tmr giving FS only 1 day to prepare (whereas others have had a week) shows this.


Super unpredictable. At least this gives hope to people that submitted in Sept and Oct.

User avatar
basilseal
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby basilseal » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Applied in Sept, got KB1 today.

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby elibrarian » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:48 pm

basilseal wrote:Applied in Sept, got KB1 today.


Congrats, basil!

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:53 pm

basilseal wrote:Applied in Sept, got KB1 today.


Argh! Our numbers are close.

Must...not...lose....hope!

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:55 pm

basilseal wrote:Applied in Sept, got KB1 today.

Nice! Congrats Basil!

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby tamereth » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:02 pm

OMG KB1! Checked my phone in class. Nearly jumped up and did a happy dance.

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby splbagel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Would those of you who had KB1 invites today mind saying which day they're scheduled for? Trying to figure out if maybe there's a gap later this week or Monday when those of us pre-T-day KB1s might have KB2s.

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby tamereth » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:08 pm

splbagel wrote:Would those of you who had KB1 invites today mind saying which day they're scheduled for? Trying to figure out if maybe there's a gap later this week or Monday when those of us pre-T-day KB1s might have KB2s.


Mine is for next Monday afternoon.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:12 pm

tamereth wrote:
splbagel wrote:Would those of you who had KB1 invites today mind saying which day they're scheduled for? Trying to figure out if maybe there's a gap later this week or Monday when those of us pre-T-day KB1s might have KB2s.

Mine is for next Monday afternoon.

So no KB2s next Monday? So confused :?

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby seanPtheB » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:22 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
basilseal wrote:Applied in Sept, got KB1 today.


Argh! Our numbers are close.

Must...not...lose....hope!


Haven't there been 0 people with kb1 invites on or after your submit date?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:34 pm

seanPtheB wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
basilseal wrote:Applied in Sept, got KB1 today.


Argh! Our numbers are close.

Must...not...lose....hope!


Haven't there been 0 people with kb1 invites on or after your submit date?


Yeah but I'm below-ish both medians. It's comforting to know that someone similar to my #s is getting a KB1!

thestillpoint
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thestillpoint » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
tamereth wrote:
splbagel wrote:Would those of you who had KB1 invites today mind saying which day they're scheduled for? Trying to figure out if maybe there's a gap later this week or Monday when those of us pre-T-day KB1s might have KB2s.

Mine is for next Monday afternoon.

So no KB2s next Monday? So confused :?


It does seem less likely if there are KB1's scheduled that day. During the first round of KB2's, some KB1 emails were sent-- but I don't think anyone had an actual interview that day. Who knows, maybe it's just one interview so KB's ears can recover from all the excited KB2 responses.

lsh531
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby lsh531 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Just got a KB2!!!

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby splbagel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:46 pm

lsh531 wrote:Just got a KB2!!!


OOOH, congrats! You had your KB1 the Wednesday of Thanksgiving week, right? Perhaps there's hope for me today after all... :D

scholar678
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby scholar678 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:46 pm

lsh531 wrote:Just got a KB2!!!


Congratulations!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cd1945, Cognitiveproblem, goldescholes, Google Adsense [Bot], KeYe88, NotAGolfer, spursforever, tinafeyclone, Torres1893, xholdman, zeglo and 13 guests