Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby snehpets » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:32 pm

zworykin wrote:Under review today. :|


When did you submit? If you don't mind my asking, of course.

bleepbloop
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby bleepbloop » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:54 pm

.
Last edited by bleepbloop on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby zworykin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:58 pm

snehpets wrote:
zworykin wrote:Under review today. :|


When did you submit? If you don't mind my asking, of course.


11/10.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:06 pm

How long is one typically UR before they get a KB1 (if they get one?)

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:26 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:How long is one typically UR before they get a KB1 (if they get one?)


That is the perennial question of this thread. =)

Short answer: 3-4 weeks
Long answer: People are speculating that because of (1) the change in Harvard's dean and (2) the change in the number of people applying this year, it is difficult to predict.

More enlightened people are welcome to correct me.

User avatar
Sh@keNb@ke
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:54 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:43 am

Is this waiting killing anyone else.......?

Submitted: 10/27
UR: 11/2
Complete: 11/10

No word since.....

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby amc987 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:58 am

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:Is this waiting killing anyone else.......?

Submitted: 10/27
UR: 11/2
Complete: 11/10

No word since.....


+1. It's not doing a lot for my stress level. But it's still early and I am not expecting anything from Harvard. That's what I tell myself anyway. It would be pretty sweet if it worked out though.

You are my submission twin, Sh@keNb@ke. My dates are exactly the same as yours. Here's hoping that Harvard will include us in the next batch of KB1s.

User avatar
LaCumparsita
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby LaCumparsita » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:21 am

Who is the one guy from the first KB1 batch who still hasn't received a KB2? I know derangedwang finally got his... I hope he hears soon!

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thederangedwang » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:16 am

LaCumparsita wrote:Who is the one guy from the first KB1 batch who still hasn't received a KB2? I know derangedwang finally got his... I hope he hears soon!

antipodeanPhil

mine was really weird, got it on wed instead of mon..obviously am relieved but according to lsn n tls i was the only person to get a non-monday kb2...makes me wonder what happened....

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:28 am

LaCumparsita wrote:Who is the one guy from the first KB1 batch who still hasn't received a KB2? I know derangedwang finally got his... I hope he hears soon!

I hope I don't go down in TLS thread history as the only guy with a first-round KB1 but no KB2!

I have no idea if the processing of my application was delayed - like thederangedwang - or if they've just decided to wait on me. I thought my interview went well, but I guess they might also have decided they just don't like the other features of my application enough. Other 174 / superior early submitters haven't got KB1s, so perhaps softs are important with those numbers.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:31 am

Under review since 10/13 and nothing :( I wasn't expecting a KB1 this early, anyway, but I'm still sad. I guess I should expect a hold, waitlist or reject at this point?

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby ralph_pootawn » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:34 am

freestallion wrote:Under review since 10/13 and nothing :( I wasn't expecting a KB1 this early, anyway, but I'm still sad. I guess I should expect a hold, waitlist or reject at this point?

+1

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nelson » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:39 am

freestallion wrote:Under review since 10/13 and nothing :( I wasn't expecting a KB1 this early, anyway, but I'm still sad. I guess I should expect a hold, waitlist or reject at this point?


Same here, UR since 10/13. LSN suggests that we still have hope of spring KB1s. Last year, there were people who applied in September who got interviewed in April. I guess it's just going to be a very long wait until the spring for some of us.

User avatar
icedflames
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby icedflames » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:46 am

freestallion wrote:Under review since 10/13 and nothing :( I wasn't expecting a KB1 this early, anyway, but I'm still sad. I guess I should expect a hold, waitlist or reject at this point?


NO WE MUST BELIEVE!
I'm in the same boat, but I always thought Harvard was a bit of a reach for me.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:51 am

icedflames wrote:
freestallion wrote:Under review since 10/13 and nothing :( I wasn't expecting a KB1 this early, anyway, but I'm still sad. I guess I should expect a hold, waitlist or reject at this point?


NO WE MUST BELIEVE!
I'm in the same boat, but I always thought Harvard was a bit of a reach for me.

Yeah, definitely a reach for me. I guess for us borderline candidates, we have a long wait ahead of us! Here's to hoping for good news in the spring, though!

ignatiusr
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby ignatiusr » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:59 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
LaCumparsita wrote:Who is the one guy from the first KB1 batch who still hasn't received a KB2? I know derangedwang finally got his... I hope he hears soon!

I hope I don't go down in TLS thread history as the only guy with a first-round KB1 but no KB2!

I have no idea if the processing of my application was delayed - like thederangedwang - or if they've just decided to wait on me. I thought my interview went well, but I guess they might also have decided they just don't like the other features of my application enough. Other 174 / superior early submitters haven't got KB1s, so perhaps softs are important with those numbers.


I don't think softs should be too significant a factor with your numbers. I received my KB2 the first day and we're essentially numbers twins. My softs aren't remarkable. I'd be very surprised if the interview were to blame, either, if you think it went relatively well, especially given the fact that the interview is not weighted very heavily. I'm puzzled by your situation, and I have to believe that you'll eventually be accepted. Has anyone else with the superior GPA been accepted yet? Maybe the partial purpose of the initial round of acceptances is to establish a rough median/75th GPA estimate, so they primarily focus on applicants with numerical GPAs?

xkcd09
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby xkcd09 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:59 am

If they plan on giving KB2s on Monday (since last year they did it once every two weeks), I don't think there are any more KB1s coming for the week. But I could be wrong, of course

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nelson » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:01 pm

freestallion wrote:
icedflames wrote:
freestallion wrote:Under review since 10/13 and nothing :( I wasn't expecting a KB1 this early, anyway, but I'm still sad. I guess I should expect a hold, waitlist or reject at this point?


NO WE MUST BELIEVE!
I'm in the same boat, but I always thought Harvard was a bit of a reach for me.

Yeah, definitely a reach for me. I guess for us borderline candidates, we have a long wait ahead of us! Here's to hoping for good news in the spring, though!


Maybe they'll look at their applicant pool in January, discover an unprecedented 75% drop, and let us all in. :lol:

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby freestallion » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Nelson wrote:
freestallion wrote:
icedflames wrote:
freestallion wrote:Under review since 10/13 and nothing :( I wasn't expecting a KB1 this early, anyway, but I'm still sad. I guess I should expect a hold, waitlist or reject at this point?


NO WE MUST BELIEVE!
I'm in the same boat, but I always thought Harvard was a bit of a reach for me.

Yeah, definitely a reach for me. I guess for us borderline candidates, we have a long wait ahead of us! Here's to hoping for good news in the spring, though!


Maybe they'll look at their applicant pool in January, discover an unprecedented 75% drop, and let us all in. :lol:

Haha that's what I'm hoping for. So far, things don't seem *too* different from past cycles, even given the drop in applicants. I'm hoping that will change as the cycle goes on.

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby splbagel » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:35 pm

xkcd09 wrote:If they plan on giving KB2s on Monday (since last year they did it once every two weeks), I don't think there are any more KB1s coming for the week. But I could be wrong, of course


If they do KB2s on Monday, would that be for those of us who had our KB1s last week (the week of Thanksgiving)? Or is there a prior group of KB1s who still haven't heard back? Reading back through the thread is perplexing me a little bit.

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:42 pm

splbagel wrote:
xkcd09 wrote:If they plan on giving KB2s on Monday (since last year they did it once every two weeks), I don't think there are any more KB1s coming for the week. But I could be wrong, of course


If they do KB2s on Monday, would that be for those of us who had our KB1s last week (the week of Thanksgiving)? Or is there a prior group of KB1s who still haven't heard back? Reading back through the thread is perplexing me a little bit.

If everything follows the same pattern as last year, your KB2s should be next Monday (12/05).

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby so_fetch » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:48 pm

Nelson wrote:
freestallion wrote:Under review since 10/13 and nothing :( I wasn't expecting a KB1 this early, anyway, but I'm still sad. I guess I should expect a hold, waitlist or reject at this point?


Same here, UR since 10/13. LSN suggests that we still have hope of spring KB1s. Last year, there were people who applied in September who got interviewed in April. I guess it's just going to be a very long wait until the spring for some of us.


Just to confirm... you guys didn't get a "complete" notification? Does complete mean they have decided what to do with you? I know the definition of the word itself would imply that, but in the world of law school status checkers, simple words can really take on new meanings for themselves. (case in point: georgetown and the multiple complete dates)

I went UR 11/16 and complete on 11/23. Is this a good thing or bad thing? (I am leaning towards "bad" solely because of my LSAT score and the fact that harvard is a huge reach for me)

User avatar
euskadi
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby euskadi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 pm

KB1!!

Submitted: 10/29
Under Review: 11/7
Complete: 11/17

Absolutely chuffed.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Nelson » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:53 pm

so_fetch wrote:
Nelson wrote:
freestallion wrote:Under review since 10/13 and nothing :( I wasn't expecting a KB1 this early, anyway, but I'm still sad. I guess I should expect a hold, waitlist or reject at this point?


Same here, UR since 10/13. LSN suggests that we still have hope of spring KB1s. Last year, there were people who applied in September who got interviewed in April. I guess it's just going to be a very long wait until the spring for some of us.


Just to confirm... you guys didn't get a "complete" notification? Does complete mean they have decided what to do with you? I know the definition of the word itself would imply that, but in the world of law school status checkers, simple words can really take on new meanings for themselves. (case in point: georgetown and the multiple complete dates)

I went UR 11/16 and complete on 11/23. Is this a good thing or bad thing? (I am leaning towards "bad" solely because of my LSAT score and the fact that harvard is a huge reach for me)


I received a complete email on 10/27. I think that just means you're under review then. It seemed like people with good numbers got KB1s soon after the complete emails. People with marginal numbers on LSN last year had a long wait. Some people got WLed or dinged in December/January, but a lot of marginal people also seem to get held multiple times and don't hear until the spring.

User avatar
yankees42789
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby yankees42789 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:55 pm

so_fetch wrote:
Nelson wrote:
freestallion wrote:Under review since 10/13 and nothing :( I wasn't expecting a KB1 this early, anyway, but I'm still sad. I guess I should expect a hold, waitlist or reject at this point?


Same here, UR since 10/13. LSN suggests that we still have hope of spring KB1s. Last year, there were people who applied in September who got interviewed in April. I guess it's just going to be a very long wait until the spring for some of us.


Just to confirm... you guys didn't get a "complete" notification? Does complete mean they have decided what to do with you? I know the definition of the word itself would imply that, but in the world of law school status checkers, simple words can really take on new meanings for themselves. (case in point: georgetown and the multiple complete dates)

I went UR 11/16 and complete on 11/23. Is this a good thing or bad thing? (I am leaning towards "bad" solely because of my LSAT score and the fact that harvard is a huge reach for me)


I'm in the same boat as you (UR 11/16, complete 11/23) and I think going UR before becoming complete has been the standard pattern with Harvard as far as I can tell. Since nobody with our complete date has received a KB1 yet, I wouldn't worry too much or jump to any conclusions.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: okf731 and 9 guests