Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby FryBreadPower » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:08 am

freestallion wrote:Congrats to everyone else! Jelly of you all. No KB1, nothing here yet.


ditto; but I got my app in the first week of Nov. so I'm not expecting it for a while.

User avatar
medialoop
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby medialoop » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:20 am

Is it safe to assume that fewer KB2s went out today than the JR1s last year? It seemed like there were fewer interviews, and only a few people have posted acceptances on LSN so far. Then again, I'm sure not everyone posts the day they get the news.

PDXNative
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby PDXNative » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:57 am

Got my KB1 today (app went complete 11/10). Anyone had one and want to share what to expect?

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby FryBreadPower » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:59 am

PDXNative wrote:Got my KB1 today (app went complete 11/10). Anyone had one and want to share what to expect?


Apparently be prepared to answer What have you been up to? Why Law? And, Why Harvard?

planeride
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby planeride » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:11 am

Someone had mentioned that a ton of URMs got KB1s early in the process last year. Just scrolling quickly through the thread I haven't seen many URMs posting here. I'm guessing that big early batch of KB1s hasn't come (or won't come)?

User avatar
Justdoingmybest
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Justdoingmybest » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:18 am

planeride wrote:Someone had mentioned that a ton of URMs got KB1s early in the process last year. Just scrolling quickly through the thread I haven't seen many URMs posting here. I'm guessing that big early batch of KB1s hasn't come (or won't come)?



lol. I think 3-5 URMs, maybe more, have gotten KB1s. I think 2 got KB2's yesterday. I'm not sure if this cycle will follow the same pattern as the previous ones tho.

2xHarvard
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby 2xHarvard » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:14 am

Congratulations to all the recent admits!

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby curiouscat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Congrats all around!
Any ideas/bets/wild speculations for when the next round of KB1 will be?
I went complete Nov 10, so I'm starting to get a tad nervous now that others in that batch have started to get their invites. More coming up?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:46 pm

If I had to guess I'd say that we might see some more KB1s tomorrow scheduling interviews for early next week.

coconutcat
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:04 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby coconutcat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Congrats to everyone who got their KB2s!
Submitted in the first week of November like a few other people in this thread, any ideas about when my app would likely go complete? I know I really shouldn't but I'm getting quite anxious.

User avatar
rotaxkarter
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby rotaxkarter » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:03 pm

I went UR 10/19. Seems like there have been quite a few KB1/2s that went UR after that date.

Can I assume I've gone in the 'hold' pile for review much later in the cycle? I keep checking and hoping for news, but if I know I'm held, then I can forget about this until much later :).

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Take Two » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:03 pm

coconutcat wrote:Congrats to everyone who got their KB2s!
Submitted in the first week of November like a few other people in this thread, any ideas about when my app would likely go complete? I know I really shouldn't but I'm getting quite anxious.


I submitted 11/7 and went UR yesterday if that helps

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Strange » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Take Two wrote:
coconutcat wrote:Congrats to everyone who got their KB2s!
Submitted in the first week of November like a few other people in this thread, any ideas about when my app would likely go complete? I know I really shouldn't but I'm getting quite anxious.


I submitted 11/7 and went UR yesterday if that helps


I shouldnt too far behind then :D

heavy
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby heavy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far! Quite an honor.

For those who have been through it, is Under Review the same as Complete? Or Should those of us Under Review expect another status change in the form of complete before we are really being looked at by the committee?

Thanks!

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby curiouscat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:32 pm

heavy wrote:Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted thus far! Quite an honor.

For those who have been through it, is Under Review the same as Complete? Or Should those of us Under Review expect another status change in the form of complete before we are really being looked at by the committee?

Thanks!


It seems like most people first go UR, and then get a Complete notification a little later on. Your status will still say Application Under Review even after you get the Complete email, though.

User avatar
Elston Gunn
Posts: 3444
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elston Gunn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:48 pm

rotaxkarter wrote:I went UR 10/19. Seems like there have been quite a few KB1/2s that went UR after that date.

Can I assume I've gone in the 'hold' pile for review much later in the cycle? I keep checking and hoping for news, but if I know I'm held, then I can forget about this until much later :).


Well, I went UR 10/25 and haven't gotten a KB1. I have a 4.0/180--so either I royally screwed up my application (always a possibility), or there's still plenty of hope for you to be in this rounds of KB1s.

User avatar
euskadi
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby euskadi » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Elston Gunn wrote:
rotaxkarter wrote:I went UR 10/19. Seems like there have been quite a few KB1/2s that went UR after that date.

Can I assume I've gone in the 'hold' pile for review much later in the cycle? I keep checking and hoping for news, but if I know I'm held, then I can forget about this until much later :).


Well, I went UR 10/25 and haven't gotten a KB1. I have a 4.0/180--so either I royally screwed up my application (always a possibility), or there's still plenty of hope for you to be in this rounds of KB1s.


The latter. If there's anything we've learned so far, it's that previous cycles are not predictive for this year. It's unlikely that they have cut-off dates for each round of KBs; I wouldn't be surprised to see those from the earliest batch to have gone UR receive KB1s next week.

There's no need to be worried. For now, it suffices to be cautiously optimistic (I personally didn't go UR until 11/17, so perhaps it's easier for me to feel this way). In any case, it's out of our hands, and, Elston, there's an awful lot of green in the top right corner of that LSN graph. We (myself included, of course) like to imagine that some minor flaw in our application will override all of the hard work that went into our grades, scores, and extracurriculars. This is both absurd and neurotic.

User avatar
Elston Gunn
Posts: 3444
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elston Gunn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:16 pm

euskadi wrote: Elston, there's an awful lot of green in the top right corner of that LSN graph. We (myself included, of course) like to imagine that some minor flaw in our application will override all of the hard work that went into our grades, scores, and extracurriculars. This is both absurd and neurotic.


Yeah, I'm over it for now. I was more stepping in to give rotaxharter hope than to express my neuroses. I can keep those private!

User avatar
Elston Gunn
Posts: 3444
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby Elston Gunn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:41 pm

KB1! For next Tuesday. Email came at 4:10 ET.

User avatar
LaCumparsita
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby LaCumparsita » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:48 pm

"I'm over it... KB1" hahaha :) Congrats!

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby MumofCad » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Elston Gunn wrote:KB1! For next Tuesday. Email came at 4:10 ET.


Hahaha! This is exactly how it went down for me! Right when I lost all hope. Huge Congrats!

splbagel
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby splbagel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:38 pm

For those who have had KB1's, were you offered an opportunity / expected to ask questions about Harvard? Or was KB doing all the asking, and you doing all the answering?

User avatar
kilgoretrout66
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 am

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby kilgoretrout66 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Was very excited to find KB1 in my inbox just now. Minor issue - I'm in Asia and the time she wants to interview me is between 3:00 and 4:00PM EST (5:00 and 6:00 AM here), which means that I'll need to wake up at 4:30 on a work day :oops: . Does this sound like a legitimate reason to ask for a reschedule? I'd be happy with any AM time EST. Thanks!

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby thederangedwang » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:59 pm

so im one of the 2 guys who didnt get a kb2 yesturday even though i was with the first group of kb1's

does this basically mean that i've been held? and that this hold most likely translates into a waitlist?

tt102
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Postby tt102 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:02 pm

.
Last edited by tt102 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”