Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Elendil

Silver

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Post by Elendil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:07 pm

ArchitectOfPeace wrote:JS1!!! So excited/nervous!
Just now??? Complete date? Congrats!

Shooter

Bronze

Post by Shooter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Just got held... not psyched about it, but I'm not disappointed either. There are some REALLY strong candidates who were held this year, so I feel lucky to be in great company. Congrats to the JS1's!

ArchitectOfPeace

New

Post by ArchitectOfPeace » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Elendil wrote:
ArchitectOfPeace wrote:JS1!!! So excited/nervous!
Just now??? Complete date? Congrats!
Got the email about 3 hours ago. Complete date email was 1/5. Thanks! Sending good luck to everyone else!

amc987

Silver

Post by amc987 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:30 pm

hypothalamus wrote:
amc987 wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Albany and Drexel Law, this is a REALLY bad time to be sending me emails, OK?!?
When the big schools send out their decisions, they swoop down like vultures to pick up the scraps. Its a dog eat dog world.
My sympathies. Although, I am convinced that Harvard hates me so...

Love your avatar by the way. I am currently midway through season 4 and am OBSESSED.
I'm assuming this is not referring to MY avatar... :D Though if you're watching season 4 of the Jewel Riders, I'd be seriously impressed.
Haha, no I was referring to Byzantine's avatar. I love Breaking Bad. I have never heard of Jewel Riders. Yours does have a lot of cool colors in it, though.

Also, congrats to the new JS1s!! I am seriously jealous.

seahawk32

Bronze

Post by seahawk32 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:30 pm

I know it's happened in the past, but has anyone who's been held this cycle received a KB/JS1?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

curiouscat

Bronze

Post by curiouscat » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:54 pm

seahawk32 wrote:I know it's happened in the past, but has anyone who's been held this cycle received a KB/JS1?
It seems like the folks who just got a JS1 (CONGRATULATIONS to you by the way!) are late/late-ish submitters who weren't held. Don't worry, seahawk... our time will come. :)

backwards54

Bronze

Post by backwards54 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Hey! To all of you who got phone interviews... could you tell me how much days in advance they send you the email? I'm kind of freaked out because I'm heading to New-Zealand for 3 weeks and internet over there is really slow, expensive and non-existant in some parts of the country and I know I won't be able to check my emails everyday.

PopTorts13

Bronze

Post by PopTorts13 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:13 pm

I was HELD today as well. I'm optimistic about the situation, especially considering my recent acceptance into Chicago. Now to win over the heart of JS! :wink:

backwards54

Bronze

Post by backwards54 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:26 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:I was HELD today as well. I'm optimistic about the situation, especially considering my recent acceptance into Chicago. Now to win over the heart of JS! :wink:
Good luck and congrats for Chicago! :)

When did your submit and when under review?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:03 pm

backwards54 wrote:Hey! To all of you who got phone interviews... could you tell me how much days in advance they send you the email? I'm kind of freaked out because I'm heading to New-Zealand for 3 weeks and internet over there is really slow, expensive and non-existant in some parts of the country and I know I won't be able to check my emails everyday.
LOL.

To dignify this with a serious response: you could check your internet at McDonalds - they have free wifi, and any town worth visiting has at least one McDonalds. You could also get wifi at your hotel, although - as in America - some hotels still make you pay for the privilege. But only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, since those are the only days the electricity works.

Also, before Christmas, someone posted here about getting a Thursday email for a Monday interview, if that's any help.

PopTorts13

Bronze

Post by PopTorts13 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:02 am

backwards54 wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:I was HELD today as well. I'm optimistic about the situation, especially considering my recent acceptance into Chicago. Now to win over the heart of JS! :wink:
Good luck and congrats for Chicago! :)

When did your submit and when under review?
EDIT: It seems as though the applicants who went complete on 12/22 were held. hm :?

I submitted to Harvard one week before Thanksgiving, 11/18. I received a complete email on December 22nd. I am very optimistic and will be extremely proactive until I receive a decision. I really want to work with a particular Harvard professor, so my fingers are crossed for that situation. Best of luck!

ArchitectOfPeace

New

Post by ArchitectOfPeace » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:11 am

backwards54 wrote:Hey! To all of you who got phone interviews... could you tell me how much days in advance they send you the email? I'm kind of freaked out because I'm heading to New-Zealand for 3 weeks and internet over there is really slow, expensive and non-existant in some parts of the country and I know I won't be able to check my emails everyday.
Around 5 days or so. Maybe a quick email to the admissions office would be good...that way they can make a note of your current situation. I am currently abroad and had to send a similar email.

bogm2012

New

Post by bogm2012 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:50 pm

ArchitectOfPeace wrote:
Around 5 days or so. Maybe a quick email to the admissions office would be good...that way they can make a note of your current situation. I am currently abroad and had to send a similar email.
I agree about your particular situation. You will not want this call to be choppy or to drop, so make sure you have optimal connectivity.

To OP and all others hoping for a JS1 -- first of all, good luck! Second of all, I and at least one other poster had about 24 hours between the email and JS1, so who knows whether 1 day or 5 days will be the norm. That said, even one day is totally enough time. JS is just as pleasant and easy to speak to as KB apparently was, and I doubt you will be asked questions you really need to "prep" for.

Just be your wonderful selves :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FidusAchates

New

Post by FidusAchates » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Congrats to all the JS1 recipients and new admits! I am very jealous :D

Still nothing for me. I really thought I'd hear something this past week. I submitted in mid November, complete email in mid December. My situation may be different, though, since I asked them to postpone a decision until my December LSAT score came in.

backwards54

Bronze

Post by backwards54 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:38 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
LOL.

To dignify this with a serious response: you could check your internet at McDonalds - they have free wifi, and any town worth visiting has at least one McDonalds. You could also get wifi at your hotel, although - as in America - some hotels still make you pay for the privilege. But only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, since those are the only days the electricity works.

Also, before Christmas, someone posted here about getting a Thursday email for a Monday interview, if that's any help.
Lol! I didn't meant to insult you if you're from NZ... it's just I'm in Australia right now and I have a lot of friends who are from new-zealand or traveled there, and they all told me that Internet was really bad! I'm sure you can get it at some hotels/hostels/restaurants in Auckland but if it's as bad as Sydney is it must be really slow and constantly going on and off... also I'm planning to go mountain hiking for several days without checking on my laptop which is why I want to know.

backwards54

Bronze

Post by backwards54 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:39 am

ArchitectOfPeace wrote:
I'll do that, thanks for the tip!

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:30 am

backwards54 wrote:
ArchitectOfPeace wrote:
That would be a little bit presumptuous, I think. "Hey I know you will end up interviewing me, drop the act, but there is one thing, I may be inaccessible while you are desperately trying to reach me"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

phx

New

Post by phx » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 am

ANYONE with an October under review/complete date still hanging around in radio silence?

JosephusMyer

New

Post by JosephusMyer » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:23 pm

backwards54 wrote:
ArchitectOfPeace wrote:
Set an auto-response on your e-mail - something like "I am currently out of the country, and may have intermittent access to the internet until DATE. Please be aware that it may take me longer than usual to respond to e-mails."

That looks sort-of professional, and if they send you an e-mail, they'll know why you haven't responded. It also avoids the need to send a presumptuous e-mail to them.

phx

New

Post by phx » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:26 pm

JosephusMyer wrote:
backwards54 wrote:
ArchitectOfPeace wrote:
Set an auto-response on your e-mail - something like "I am currently out of the country, and may have intermittent access to the internet until DATE. Please be aware that it may take me longer than usual to respond to e-mails."

That looks sort-of professional, and if they send you an e-mail, they'll know why you haven't responded. It also avoids the need to send a presumptuous e-mail to them.
This.

Better yet, create a filter in your email account that will send the above auto-reply to any email from a sender with a Harvard email address.

sharktankdean

Silver

Post by sharktankdean » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:47 am

After seeing Nicki Minaj's performance tonight I have been scarred for life...a JS1 this week would help me heal

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:09 am

backwards54 wrote:
ArchitectOfPeace wrote:
I would just suggest you get a friend you trust entirely to check your email every other day and let you know if you get the KB1 (or family)

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:29 am

Alright Harvard. New week= time for some new JS1's pick me

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 am

sharktankdean wrote:After seeing Nicki Minaj's performance tonight I have been scarred for life...a JS1 this week would help me heal
I agree with this sentiment.

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:41 am

amc987 wrote:
amc987 wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:Albany and Drexel Law, this is a REALLY bad time to be sending me emails, OK?!?

My sympathies. Although, I am convinced that Harvard hates me so...

Love your avatar by the way. I am currently midway through season 4 and am OBSESSED.
I'm assuming this is not referring to MY avatar... :D Though if you're watching season 4 of the Jewel Riders, I'd be seriously impressed.
Haha, no I was referring to Byzantine's avatar. I love Breaking Bad. I have never heard of Jewel Riders. Yours does have a lot of cool colors in it, though.

Also, congrats to the new JS1s!! I am seriously jealous.
Breaking Bad is so good. The season four finale will blow your brain out of your ears.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”