Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Byzantine

Bronze

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Post by Byzantine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:13 pm

banker9 wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
handwringin wrote:Hey all--I had my JS1 a little over a week ago and haven't heard anything about the JS2 yet. I gleaned from LSN that most people get the JS2 about a week after the JS1.

Am I doomed?

(Sorry in advance if this is discussed somewhere else in the thread.)
Join the club brah. There's one or two others like that as well.
byz, you've been waiting for over a week? so I guess after JS1, its either:

1) JS2 within a few days,
2) JS2 within a week or so,
3) held after a week+ (I saw a handful of these on the thread earlier)
4) rejections??
I reject your breakdown, because if its true I'm screwed. It's been a week and 2 days for me. If I had the energy, I'd go back on this thread and find examples of KB2s that took a lot longer than a week.

banker9

New

Post by banker9 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Byzantine wrote:
banker9 wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
handwringin wrote:Hey all--I had my JS1 a little over a week ago and haven't heard anything about the JS2 yet. I gleaned from LSN that most people get the JS2 about a week after the JS1.

Am I doomed?

(Sorry in advance if this is discussed somewhere else in the thread.)
Join the club brah. There's one or two others like that as well.
byz, you've been waiting for over a week? so I guess after JS1, its either:

1) JS2 within a few days,
2) JS2 within a week or so,
3) held after a week+ (I saw a handful of these on the thread earlier)
4) rejections??
I reject your breakdown, because if its true I'm screwed. It's been a week and 2 days for me. If I had the energy, I'd go back on this thread and find examples of KB2s that took a lot longer than a week.
ah, I defer to you. I should have said, 'a week-two weeks,' think I've seen ppl finding out after longer than just a week too.

From what I've seen with JS, I think my ordering is correct tho - in terms of what's been most frequent.

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:19 pm

I refuse the idea of a FRIDAY with no movement...

banker9

New

Post by banker9 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:I refuse the idea of a FRIDAY with no movement...
+1 X10000

don't they know how much better our weekends could be...

jd5

Bronze

Post by jd5 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:23 pm

I saw last Friday there were several JS2s late in the afternoon. Here's hoping that happens again.

Then again, all of those JS2s were from people who had their JS1s on Wednesday, and mine was on Tuesday. Did we hear of any JS2s last night? I'm hoping there's not a one-day-wait-for-a-JS2 pattern that I've been conspicuously left out of.

Ugh. This needs to stop.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jd5

Bronze

Post by jd5 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Is there anyone who really felt they had done poorly on their JS1 yet still got a JS2? I keep replaying my interview in my head and thinking about what I should have said instead.

banker9

New

Post by banker9 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:31 pm

jd5 wrote:Is there anyone who really felt they had done poorly on their JS1 yet still got a JS2? I keep replaying my interview in my head and thinking about what I should have said instead.
I'm SURE there are.

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:48 pm

nothin today?

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:51 pm

nothing today. i'm sure they r going to send out our interview invites any minute now, wait for it...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:I refuse the idea of a FRIDAY with no movement...
It seems like JS has been working a bit later into the afternoon and early evening than KB... wouldn't give up hope yet.

brownpride

Bronze

Post by brownpride » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:13 pm

In one hour we'll all be running in the streets intoxicated and shouting with joy regarding our respective JS1s/JS2s. Just wait and see.

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:23 pm

brownpride wrote:In one hour we'll all be running in the streets intoxicated and shouting with joy regarding our respective JS1s/JS2s. Just wait and see.
I like the way you think. I'm going to Obama's favorite DC burger place and having a toasted marsh-mellow milkshake on the side. Regardless of outcome.

brownpride

Bronze

Post by brownpride » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Byzantine wrote:
brownpride wrote:In one hour we'll all be running in the streets intoxicated and shouting with joy regarding our respective JS1s/JS2s. Just wait and see.
I like the way you think. I'm going to Obama's favorite DC burger place and having a toasted marsh-mellow milkshake on the side. Regardless of outcome.
So long as your heart attack can wait until after your JS2, that's fine with me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Byzantine wrote:
good stuff! that sounds freaking awesome right now.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Byzantine wrote:
Are you going to Ray's Hell Burger? That place is full of win (although technically in VA).

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:30 pm

snehpets wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
good stuff! that sounds freaking awesome right now.
That will be me within 45 minutes. Maybe I'll even eat the Obamaburger. It is the best there.

In regards to the heart-attack... Just cause I'm not K-JD like some of you doesn't mean I need to watch my cholesterol yet.

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
Are you going to Ray's Hell Burger? That place is full of win (although technically in VA).
That place is definitely a #winning joint. No, I am going to Good Stuff Eatery on the hill.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Syme

New

Post by Syme » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:35 pm

I am going to lurk in Good Stuff when I get off work, discern your identity and then RL troll you.

*pretend phone call in a booth"

"OH HAI DEAN SOBAN! YES I WILL GO TO HARVARD. KTHXBAI."

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Byzantine wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
That place is definitely a #winning joint. No, I am going to Good Stuff Eatery on the hill.
Eh. Their burgers suck but their fries and shakes are AMAZING. Don't even bother with the burger.

Also, let me know if you need any food/drink tips. I've been living here for almost 2 years so I have a good sense of the city.

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Syme wrote:I am going to lurk in Good Stuff when I get off work, discern your identity and then RL troll you.

If you do that I will not be a nice person anymore, ever again.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Syme wrote:I am going to lurk in Good Stuff when I get off work, discern your identity and then RL troll you.

hahahahhahaha.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Eh.Their burgers suck win and their fries and shakes are AMAZING. Don't even bother with the burger. Eat the burger!
Also, let me know if you need any food/drink tips. I've been living here for almost 2 years so I have a good sense of the city.
I've been here 2.5 years. People will always debate the various, and great, burger joints here. I guess it's a matter preference. I like them all (BGR, Ray's, 5 guys, Shake Shack, Good Stuff) but they are different. IMHO none of them suck.

Edit: Since i've been here .5 years longer, let me know if you need any food/drink tips Doorkeeper. :P

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Byzantine wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:
Eh.Their burgers suck win and their fries and shakes are AMAZING. Don't even bother with the burger. Eat the burger!
I've been here 2.5 years. People will always debate the various, and great, burger joints here. I guess it's a matter preference. I like them all (BGR, Ray's, 5 guys, Shake Shack, Good Stuff) but they are different. IMHO none of them suck.

Edit: Since i've been here .5 years longer, let me know if you need any food/drink tips Doorkeeper. :P
Oh, for some reason I thought you were still in UG. My mistake. haha.

Also, BGR and Ray's are the best imo. The fries and shakes are great at Good Stuff, and the shakes are great at Shake Shack, but their fries are horrible.

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Byzantine

Bronze

Post by Byzantine » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
Byzantine wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:

Oh, for some reason I thought you were still in UG. My mistake. haha.

Also, BGR and Ray's are the best imo. The fries and shakes are great at Good Stuff, and the shakes are great at Shake Shack, but their fries are horrible.
I was a little underwhelmed by BGR. It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, but maybe I shouldn't have gotten the one with foie gras and all that jazz. If you were gonna push, I'd say Rays is the best.

And yes, good stuff or 5 guys = best fries.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”