Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
14PennPlaza

New

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Post by 14PennPlaza » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Longtime lurker on the forum ever since the October 2011 LSAT, but thought I should finally throw my hat into the ring (if only to get some condolences for my eventual ding) =]

Submitted- 12/09
Complete- 1/05
Held- 2/24

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:57 pm

...with each KB1 reported, my hope diminishes.

*sigh*

Mista Bojangles

Bronze

Post by Mista Bojangles » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:38 am

Doorkeeper wrote:...with each KB1 reported, my hope diminishes.

*sigh*
This. I don't speak up much in this thread, but,

very much this.

backwards54

Bronze

Post by backwards54 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:54 am

larsoner wrote:
backwards54 wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Ding via e-mail.

Thus ends an era in my life.
Sorry to hear :/

When did you submit/went UR? Were you on hold?
Check his LSN, its in his profile.

Edit: Also, sorry to hear it.
Oh yeah sorry I always forget to check the profile!

Aw. your LSAT score is really high.. I'm really sorry for you!

This does not make me feel confident about my application...

backwards54

Bronze

Post by backwards54 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:58 am

teacher10456 wrote:I also got a KB1 today. I applied in early December and had not heard anything at all back, so I assumed I was headed for the waitlist or a rejection. Don't lose hope!
Awesome! Congrats and good luck on your interview :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

backwards54

Bronze

Post by backwards54 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:02 am

Dancers4eva wrote:
yepyepyep wrote:
Dancers4eva wrote:KBB1 Finally!
Congrats!
And the predictable questions: were you held? when did you submit?
Was not held. Submitted early January.
Do you mind sharing your #s? :)

poultry

Bronze

Post by poultry » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:22 pm

To those who wrote to Harvard informing your upcoming deadlines, what kind of response did you get?

jetissent

Bronze

Post by jetissent » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:15 pm

poultry wrote:To those who wrote to Harvard informing your upcoming deadlines, what kind of response did you get?
Basically, they said:

Thanks for letting us know, we know it's a hard situation to be in but we can't really help it. We're getting a lot of these requests and working to make decisions quickly.

Summary: We're Harvard. You'll wait.

pangoo

New

Post by pangoo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:54 pm

held...

does anyone know if a former alumn calling on your behalf could help you see some movement?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:57 pm

jetissent wrote: Summary: We're Harvard. You'll wait.
TITCR

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:59 pm

THis may be a really dumb question: any chance a Stanford acceptance is something Harvard would want to know? I plan to send in a file update since my application is on hold. If I offhandedly mention this, will it backfire/make me a more competitive candidate in their eyes/or have no impact?

justathought21

New

Post by justathought21 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:44 pm

Geneva wrote:THis may be a really dumb question: any chance a Stanford acceptance is something Harvard would want to know? I plan to send in a file update since my application is on hold. If I offhandedly mention this, will it backfire/make me a more competitive candidate in their eyes/or have no impact?
Why would they care if you got into Stanford? This is a Harvard application.

JF215

New

Post by JF215 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:53 pm

justathought21 wrote:
Geneva wrote:THis may be a really dumb question: any chance a Stanford acceptance is something Harvard would want to know? I plan to send in a file update since my application is on hold. If I offhandedly mention this, will it backfire/make me a more competitive candidate in their eyes/or have no impact?
basically this.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:54 pm

JF215 wrote:
justathought21 wrote:
basically this.
Thanks. That was my feeling as well. A friend of mine said that somehow getting into any T3 school would make me a more attractive applicant to other schools, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Geneva wrote:
JF215 wrote:
justathought21 wrote:
basically this.
Thanks. That was my feeling as well. A friend of mine said that somehow getting into any T3 school would make me a more attractive applicant to other schools, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
Just think of it this way, no matter what happens with Harvard, you're going to a T3 school. Relax and congratulate yourself. :)

larsoner

Bronze

Post by larsoner » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:57 pm

jetissent wrote:
poultry wrote:To those who wrote to Harvard informing your upcoming deadlines, what kind of response did you get?
Basically, they said:

Thanks for letting us know, we know it's a hard situation to be in but we can't really help it. We're getting a lot of these requests and working to make decisions quickly.

Summary: We're Harvard. You'll wait.
I got the same response. Stanford was much nicer.

justathought21

New

Post by justathought21 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Just think of it this way, no matter what happens with Harvard, you're going to a T3 school. Relax and congratulate yourself. :)[/quote]

Have you looked at the economy lately? Its one thing to get in, its another thing to have 3 years of work translate into an ACTUAL job! Hold off on the congrats party until after you pass the bar AND get a job that pays well. These schools LOVE taking our money. right?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dancers4eva

New

Post by Dancers4eva » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:08 pm

justathought21 wrote:Just think of it this way, no matter what happens with Harvard, you're going to a T3 school. Relax and congratulate yourself. :)
Have you looked at the economy lately? Its one thing to get in, its another thing to have 3 years of work translate into an ACTUAL job! Hold off on the congrats party until after you pass the bar AND get a job that pays well. These schools LOVE taking our money. right?[/quote]

Economy lately hasn't been all too bad. Nasdaq hit 3000 for the first time in 12 years. If you can't cop a good paying job and pass the bar after being accepted to a T3 then it was just never meant to be.

justathought21

New

Post by justathought21 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Dancers4eva wrote:
justathought21 wrote:Just think of it this way, no matter what happens with Harvard, you're going to a T3 school. Relax and congratulate yourself. :)
Have you looked at the economy lately? Its one thing to get in, its another thing to have 3 years of work translate into an ACTUAL job! Hold off on the congrats party until after you pass the bar AND get a job that pays well. These schools LOVE taking our money. right?
Economy lately hasn't been all too bad. Nasdaq hit 3000 for the first time in 12 years. If you can't cop a good paying job and pass the bar after being accepted to a T3 then it was just never meant to be.[/quote]

Do you know how many grads from the fabulous TRIO are Jobless?

Dancers4eva

New

Post by Dancers4eva » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:15 pm

justathought21 wrote:
Dancers4eva wrote:
Economy lately hasn't been all too bad. Nasdaq hit 3000 for the first time in 12 years. If you can't cop a good paying job and pass the bar after being accepted to a T3 then it was just never meant to be.
Do you know how many grads from the fabulous TRIO are Jobless?[/quote]

I'm not concerned with those who have graduated into the trough of the recession. But please do share relevant statistics. And I stress this again, if you cannot find decent, gainful employment after graduating from Stanford, Harvard, or Yale Law (and you are not graduating into a trough of a recession), then its probably you and not the economy.

justathought21

New

Post by justathought21 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Dancers4eva wrote:
justathought21 wrote:
Dancers4eva wrote:
Do you know how many grads from the fabulous TRIO are Jobless?
I'm not concerned with those who have graduated into the trough of the recession. But please do share relevant statistics. And I stress this again, if you cannot find decent, gainful employment after graduating from Stanford, Harvard, or Yale Law (and you are not graduating into a trough of a recession), then its probably you and not the economy.[/quote]

You are not concerned with them? What is the relevance of your level of concern? I will repeat my question: Do you know how many grads from the fabulous TRIO are jobless? :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dancers4eva

New

Post by Dancers4eva » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:20 pm

justathought21 wrote:
You are not concerned with them? What is the relevance of your level of concern? I will repeat my question: Do you know how many grads from the fabulous TRIO are jobless? :lol:
I meant to say that I do not think the number of jobless HYS grads who have graduated into the trough of the recession are relevant. The trough has passed what is relevant is the job market going forward, and currently the economy is on the mend, and chances are it will be in even better shape 3 years hence.

justathought21

New

Post by justathought21 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Dancers4eva wrote:
justathought21 wrote:
I meant to say that I do not think the number of jobless HYS grads who have graduated into the trough of the recession are relevant. The trough has passed what is relevant is the job market going forward, and currently the economy is on the mend, and chances are it will be in even better shape 3 years hence.
First,look at you...."i meant to say"...we all can read what you DID say, and that's what matters....shame shame shame (it would seem wise for people to practice more concern for their fellow human beings). Second, it is VERY relevant, and the simple fact that you don't appreciate its relevance is SHOCKING!

jetissent

Bronze

Post by jetissent » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:35 pm

justathought21 wrote:
Dancers4eva wrote:
justathought21 wrote:
First,look at you...."i meant to say"...we all can read what you DID say, and that's what matters....shame shame shame (it would seem wise for people to practice more concern for their fellow human beings). Second, it is VERY relevant, and the simple fact that you don't appreciate its relevance is SHOCKING!

This is nice and condescending and all but are you ready to give actual emperical evidence? I would like to see just how badly you thing HYS grads are doing.

goducks01

New

Post by goducks01 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:51 pm

I’m (miraculously) in at Harvard, planning to do PI, possibly after a clerkship. However, I am seriously considering CLS and NYU (with no $$ offers yet at either) for one reason- Comparatively, HLS’ LRAP seems to be rather terrible for PI peeps. It’s definitely more flexible, but since I’m certain I want to do PI, I would end up paying a lot more of under LIPP as long as I make more than $45k.

On the other hand, I also hope to go into academia after 10-15 yrs in PI, and Harvard is definitely better for clerkships/professorships. Thoughts and help are much appreciated.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”