Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
soj

Platinum

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Post by soj » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:01 am

mickeyD wrote:Dear Harvard,

I'm in at a couple T14s. Maybe you know that already. Maybe you know that I've been flirting with them, that I've been schmoozing 'em real good and telling them that they're the one for me. But I don't mean it, Harvard. I don't mean any of it. That NYU is just some floozy that I got Chinese take-out with once. She's not even as hot as her older sister. GULC? Please. She's just a booty call for when I'm real drunk and desperate.

You're my girl, Harvard. Don't be afraid to let me in. We can go slow- I'll shower you with compliments, take you out to Applebees, and afterwards we can pop a bottle of $7 Sutter Home moscato and watch Dear John with the lights off. This is the real me you're getting right now. Shoot me an email. Let me talk it over with KB. She'll let you know that I'm the one for you.

Those other schools don't mean nothin', baby. Let me in. I JUST WANNA LOVE YA, GIRL!

xoxo

Mickey D
Indeed.

defrutamadre

New

Post by defrutamadre » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:04 am

I'm in at a couple T14s. Maybe you know that already. Maybe you know that I've been flirting with them, that I've been schmoozing 'em real good and telling them that they're the one for me. But I don't mean it, Harvard. I don't mean any of it. That NYU is just some floozy that I got Chinese take-out with once. She's not even as hot as her older sister. GULC? Please. She's just a booty call for when I'm real drunk and desperate.

You're my girl, Harvard. Don't be afraid to let me in. We can go slow- I'll shower you with compliments, take you out to Applebees, and afterwards we can pop a bottle of $7 Sutter Home moscato and watch Dear John with the lights off. This is the real me you're getting right now. Shoot me an email. Let me talk it over with KB. She'll let you know that I'm the one for you.

Those other schools don't mean nothin', baby. Let me in. I JUST WANNA LOVE YA, GIRL!

xoxo

Mickey D

this is made of pure win

WhiteGuy5

Silver

Post by WhiteGuy5 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:32 am

xoxo

Mickey D
Could this have been any better? I mean really...quite possibly the greatest post of the decade.

ladybug89

Bronze

Post by ladybug89 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:38 am

soj wrote:

xoxo

Mickey D
Indeed.
took me a minute to understand the embiggening but then i died laughing.

poultry

Bronze

Post by poultry » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:54 am

Wow..congrats! That's amazingly fast and you must have stellar numbers. Did you even get a completion email?
bleepbloop wrote:KB1 e-mail just now! UR 11/28

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bleepbloop

New

Post by bleepbloop » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:12 am

Last edited by bleepbloop on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gimelstein315

New

Post by gimelstein315 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:23 am

best of luck to everyone waiting for KB2s! let's hope some sprinkle in tomorrow! i think the "In at Harvard" thread is ready for some new members.

seanPtheB

Bronze

Post by seanPtheB » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:03 am

xoxo

Mickey D
You, sir, are my fucking hero.

ahnhub

Silver

Post by ahnhub » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:42 pm

So pretty much everyone who's gotten the phone interview seems to agree that it's incredibly casual, and usually really brief. Anyone have a long, intense interview experience they want to share?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

splbagel

Bronze

Post by splbagel » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:50 pm

ahnhub wrote:So pretty much everyone who's gotten the phone interview seems to agree that it's incredibly casual, and usually really brief. Anyone have a long, intense interview experience they want to share?
I once had a job interview that was about five hours long and involved a break in the middle for an intense piñata bashing session (in celebration of the birthday of one of the organization's employees). To be fair, I was more or less offered the position about an hour or two in, and the rest of it was talking shop/hammering out details, but still.

Oh, you mean Harvard interviews... mine was 9 minutes long (about 4 minutes of which was KB telling me about advising/mentoring), and that seems to be about the max in this small sample.

takehold

New

Post by takehold » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:55 pm

ahnhub wrote:So pretty much everyone who's gotten the phone interview seems to agree that it's incredibly casual, and usually really brief. Anyone have a long, intense interview experience they want to share?
I had my KB1 interview today - KB is really nice and easy to talk to, so that should help if you are nervous about it being an intense interview. Like bagel, mine was also around 9 minutes, and I'd guess about 4 minutes or so was her answering my questions.

tamereth

Bronze

Post by tamereth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:57 pm

It might have just been me, but I didn't get much feedback when I answered questions, which made me more and more nervous.

She also closed with "Is there anything else you'd like me to know about you?" which I wasn't expecting and thus wasn't prepared for. I'm not sure if this is a typical question or if she was fishing for additional information.
Last edited by tamereth on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ahnhub

Silver

Post by ahnhub » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:01 pm

takehold wrote: I had my KB1 interview today - KB is really nice and easy to talk to, so that should help if you are nervous about it being an intense interview. Like bagel, mine was also around 9 minutes, and I'd guess about 4 minutes or so was her answering my questions.
Yeah, I had a KB1 today too. It was so casual I was almost afraid she was disinterested. Which would make sense if I had auto-admit numbers but I have the cruddiest numbers of anyone I've seen yet on this thread. Whatevs. I guess they pretty much know who they're gonna admit beforehand and just do this to weed out psychos.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Curious1

Silver

Post by Curious1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:12 pm

tamereth wrote:
It might have just been me, but I didn't feel like my interview was as chill as people made it sound like it would be. When I replied to her questions, she'd just go "uh huh" or "mmm" etc and move on to the next question. It made me more and more nervous, not having any feedback.

She also closed with "Is there anything else you'd like me to know about you?" which I wasn't expecting and thus wasn't prepared for. It made me feel like I was so underwhelming and uninteresting that she was hoping I'd come up with something to wow her with (I didn't).

Sounds like I'm the only one who had this experience though :cry:
I have to ask--have you gotten a KB2 yet?

tamereth

Bronze

Post by tamereth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:21 pm

Curious1 wrote: I have to ask--have you gotten a KB2 yet?
No. My interview was yesterday. (Haha, your wording makes it sound like KB2 is only a matter of time)
Last edited by tamereth on Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iThwl

New

Post by iThwl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Last edited by iThwl on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

bleepbloop

New

Post by bleepbloop » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:34 pm

Last edited by bleepbloop on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

iThwl

New

Post by iThwl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Last edited by iThwl on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kimberly

Bronze

Post by Kimberly » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:05 pm

seanPtheB wrote:

xoxo

Mickey D
You, sir, are my fucking hero.
Ditto! BaaaaaHaHaHaHaHa....

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Is it just me, or has this thread been eerily slow...?

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Elendil wrote:Is it just me, or has this thread been eerily slow...?
I think not many updates this week other than some people having KB1s... and next week hopefully will be the time for some more KB2s. It seems they have been rolling those out every other week so far.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

phl516

New

Post by phl516 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Elendil wrote:Is it just me, or has this thread been eerily slow...?
I agree. I had my KB1 last Wednesday and am waiting for news of KB2s starting up again. I guess it might not happen until next week though.

phl516

New

Post by phl516 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 pm

KB 2 just now. So incredibly excited. Good luck everyone.

scholar678

New

Post by scholar678 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 pm

phl516 wrote:KB 2 just now. So incredibly excited. Good luck everyone.
Congratulations!

tamereth

Bronze

Post by tamereth » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 pm

phl516 wrote:KB 2 just now. So incredibly excited. Good luck everyone.
Congrats!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”