Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Nulli Secundus

Gold

Re: Harvard 2012 applicants (class of 2015)

Post by Nulli Secundus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:41 pm

MumofCad wrote:Yep, back up now with no change.
Maybe they will do like Yale and we will all hear in February!

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
Seriously, these delays are not making me very optimistic about knowing by early next year what my "plan" is. I spoke with Cambridge Public Schools today about getting my kids enrolled and thought we had brokered a deal to make the move feasible if I knew by the end of January. This is going to royally screw things up for me if we don't start seeing some action soon.

Yale is pretty much a lost cause for me at this point. I can't even apply when the app becomes available on Sat because I'll be out of town, so at this rate I will hear back from them sometime in 2014.

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:37 pm

MumofCad wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:
Seriously, these delays are not making me very optimistic about knowing by early next year what my "plan" is. I spoke with Cambridge Public Schools today about getting my kids enrolled and thought we had brokered a deal to make the move feasible if I knew by the end of January. This is going to royally screw things up for me if we don't start seeing some action soon.

Yale is pretty much a lost cause for me at this point. I can't even apply when the app becomes available on Sat because I'll be out of town, so at this rate I will hear back from them sometime in 2014.
If your numbers are accurate, you can sign your kids up now for after school ballet too. See you at the OWLS reception.

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:08 am

delusional wrote: If your numbers are accurate, you can sign your kids up now for after school ballet too. See you at the OWLS reception.
Thanks, I hope you are right! Though it is disconcerting to be called an Older Wiser person a month before I turn 30.

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:44 am

MumofCad wrote:
delusional wrote: If your numbers are accurate, you can sign your kids up now for after school ballet too. See you at the OWLS reception.
Thanks, I hope you are right! Though it is disconcerting to be called an Older Wiser person a month before I turn 30.
No offense intended - I'm older than that. I was referring more to kids in school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kulshan

Bronze

Post by kulshan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:49 am

How old does one need to be to qualify? I'll be 27 when I start LS, but I just realized last night that I officially have too many white hairs to bother plucking them out when I see them.

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:54 am

delusional wrote:
MumofCad wrote:
No offense intended - I'm older than that. I was referring more to kids in school.

Hahaha - oh I wasn't offended in the least. I totally am in the law school context. Its just funny, because at work I try to hide my age because its discredits me. Next month, I have a summit to attend and I'll be the youngest person by 26 years attending. Usually I don't worry too much because age is hard to discern precisely, but that fact that I'll be 8 months pregnant is a dead giveaway. Everyone else in the delegation is having grandchildren right now (a few great-grandchildren), so they'll automatically spot me as being the age of their children. Its going to be really strange to go from always being the youngest, to always being one of the "older, wiser" group with a bunch of young gunners around. I'm the young gunner! I am! LOL! Sorry sista...you on your death bed now.

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:24 am

Is there a definitive answer on what to do in the Education section of the app that has 3 schools, if a candidate has more than 3 schools to report? I called LSAC and they told me to put my 3 most important schools in the app, and the rest on my resume. Does not sound good to me. What do you think?

ladybug89

Bronze

Post by ladybug89 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:11 pm

I just emailed the h admissions office about the education section question (tried calling first but no one answered). i'll let you know when i get a response!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:19 pm

ladybug89 wrote:I just emailed the h admissions office about the education section question (tried calling first but no one answered). i'll let you know when i get a response!
Thanks, LB89!

Another question, what is chronological? Earliest to latest? Dictionary.com says you can go both ways.

ladybug89

Bronze

Post by ladybug89 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:30 pm

since they didn't specify an order for education i just did reverse chronological so that i could include the three most recent schools. or are you talking about a different section?
jim-green wrote:
ladybug89 wrote:I just emailed the h admissions office about the education section question (tried calling first but no one answered). i'll let you know when i get a response!
Thanks, LB89!

Another question, what is chronological? Earliest to latest? Dictionary.com says you can go both ways.

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:47 pm

I think I may be talking about another section. Either awards or activities. Don't have the app up right now. Somewhere they ask for chronological order so I wanted to know what it meant? Earliest to latest or latest to earliest?
And what is reverse chronological?
Thanks,
Jim

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Just use your best judgement. I would go most recent to oldest personally, since they are most interested in what you've done lately.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:57 pm

For honors and awards, should we state how many people receive the award?

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:16 pm

jim-green wrote:For honors and awards, should we state how many people receive the award?
You are over-thinking this. Just use your judgement - is putting the number relevant to their understanding of the award? Then yes. If its self-explanatory, then no. Or if the award speaks for itself, then no, like I wouldn't put 2006 Rhodes Scholars (4o yearly) or something.

On a side note, are you URM, and is your profile accurate in terms of numbers? How broadly are you applying?

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks, I am not a URM and my profile is accurate. I am applying to 8 schools. 4 reach, 4 median.

MumofCad

Silver

Post by MumofCad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:34 pm

jim-green wrote:Thanks, I am not a URM and my profile is accurate. I am applying to 8 schools. 4 reach, 4 median.
Have you used any of the predictors to build your list? It might be a good idea to add a few more schools just in case. What does your list look like right now?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ladybug89

Bronze

Post by ladybug89 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:35 pm

jim-green/anyone else curious about the education section - the office of admissions responded:
Thank you for your interest in Harvard Law School.

For the Education section, please list your 3 most recent schools and make mention of any additional schools either on your resume or via an addendum that you may attach to the application.

Please let our office know if you have any questions. Thank you!

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Thanks, LB89, that helps!

MoC, I did not use any predictors. I am applying to HLS, UVA, GULC, Cornell, GWU, UIUC, BU and BC. Your profile says you are already accepted to Duke and UVA. How is that possible?

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Several of us have been admitted to Duke PT and UVA has rolled out a handful of RD decisions already. All people admitted RD so far, from what I can tell, received a 75-90k scholarship as well.

kulshan

Bronze

Post by kulshan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:14 pm

jim-green wrote:Thanks, LB89, that helps!

MoC, I did not use any predictors. I am applying to HLS, UVA, GULC, Cornell, GWU, UIUC, BU and BC. Your profile says you are already accepted to Duke and UVA. How is that possible?
You might want to check out http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:48 pm

kulshan wrote:

You might want to check out http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com is also good if you're looking to adjust your school list.

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:57 pm

scroll up, or go a few pages back, i asked mum the same question and he answered it...basically, he got duke pt, and uva might of accidently put his regular deciison into the ed pile, so he got a reply fast

kulshan

Bronze

Post by kulshan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 pm

thederangedwang wrote:

scroll up, or go a few pages back, i asked mum the same question and he answered it...basically, he got duke pt, and uva might of accidently put his regular deciison into the ed pile, so he got a reply fast
I believe she's a she. :)

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:38 pm

kulshan wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:

I believe she's a she. :)
LOL yes mum is really a mum.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”