NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:51 pm

soj wrote:I think he meant that posts indicating agreement using the "+1" format should always be "+1," not "+1," "+2," etc.

I don't think it really matters either way, but it helps Jam to think of the internet in terms of simple rules he can remember. :P

It's the generally accepted way of doing it. It doesn't really matter; I was just giving him crap

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:51 pm

soj wrote:I think he meant that posts indicating agreement using the "+1" format should always be "+1," not "+1," "+2," etc.

I don't think it really matters either way, but it helps Jam to think of the internet in terms of simple rules he can remember. :P

It's the generally accepted way of doing it. It doesn't really matter; I was just giving him crap

rachelwang712
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:07 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby rachelwang712 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:52 pm

80eight wrote:I don't know if its better or worse to be living abroad through this wait. The days are long and frustrating because I know there is no chance I'll hear while I'm awake. But then I get to sleep through the brutal "will they or won't they update statuses today?" period, wake up, check TLS and be done with it.


+1

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby soj » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:53 pm

Lol Jam, just click once next time.

User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ladybug89 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:02 pm

]
JamMasterJ wrote:
soj wrote:I think he meant that posts indicating agreement using the "+1" format should always be "+1," not "+1," "+2," etc.

I don't think it really matters either way, but it helps Jam to think of the internet in terms of simple rules he can remember. :P

It's the generally accepted way of doing it. It doesn't really matter; I was just giving him crap


soj wrote:You don't want to be asking Jam how the internet works. I've discovered that he's not exactly the best with technology.


hahahaha.

User avatar
indigomachine
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby indigomachine » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:06 pm

ladybug89 wrote:]
JamMasterJ wrote:
soj wrote:I think he meant that posts indicating agreement using the "+1" format should always be "+1," not "+1," "+2," etc.

I don't think it really matters either way, but it helps Jam to think of the internet in terms of simple rules he can remember. :P

It's the generally accepted way of doing it. It doesn't really matter; I was just giving him crap


soj wrote:You don't want to be asking Jam how the internet works. I've discovered that he's not exactly the best with technology.


hahahaha.


Haha, I like how I just got back to all of this. I actually thought as I was clicking submit "I wonder if this will bother someone... Oh well, I'm feeling enthusiastic, so +2 it is!"

Oh Internet...

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 am

Hahahahaha, posted it five times.

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby tdicks » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:00 am

cactuarX3 wrote:Is it true that if your status checker changes to decision letter sent and you don't get an email, then you can assume you got in? (since I'm hearing that they do denials/WLs by email and acceptances by regular mail)


also wondering if this is true? or if maybe they send an e-mail to applicants living abroad? mail from the states typically takes 2-3 weeks to get here... i'm pretty sure seeing my status checker at decision made and then having to wait on the Chinese postal system to find out what the decision was would drive me completely insane.

User avatar
thatkid
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:36 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby thatkid » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:22 am

I believe the general consensus is that if your status changes in the first few days of decisions, you're almost certainly in. A quick scan of LSN shows no one got rejected before ~Dec. 18, and those rejections seemed limited to ED applicants, whom they had to inform by the end of the month. Personally, I'm holding off on celebrating until the envelope comes, just to be on the safe side, but I think we can all be pretty confident when the status changes.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Nelson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:31 am

Let's seem some NYUesday movement in this thread, please!

User avatar
RonnyDworkin
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby RonnyDworkin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 am

Nelson wrote:Let's seem some NYUesday movement in this thread, please!


I see what you did there....

Good luck to everyone!

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby freestallion » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:51 am

Still nothing. COME ON, NYU!!!

User avatar
RonnyDworkin
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby RonnyDworkin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:54 am

freestallion wrote:Still nothing. COME ON, NYU!!!



I think you have nothing to worry about you Hahrvahrd KB1 you.... :)

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:59 am

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Hahahahaha, posted it five times.

Oh, my, gosh :oops: :oops: :oops:

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby freestallion » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:12 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:
freestallion wrote:Still nothing. COME ON, NYU!!!



I think you have nothing to worry about you Hahrvahrd KB1 you.... :)

Haha, I wish, but KB1 is no guarantee of admission... and I still really love NYU.

User avatar
yankees42789
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby yankees42789 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Mail just came and nothing from NYU. Booooooo

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:31 pm

yankees42789 wrote:Mail just came and nothing from NYU. Booooooo

well if you didn't get it, I don't know if anyone will.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby amc987 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:32 pm

yankees42789 wrote:Mail just came and nothing from NYU. Booooooo


I think the status on your online status checker changes to "decision letter sent" before you get the letter in the mail. If you're in the tri-state area maybe your mail would come first, but last year tons of the LSN admits reported the status change before they received anything.

User avatar
thatkid
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:36 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby thatkid » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Aren't we pretty sure status checkers will update a few days before the arrival of the coveted purple envelope? The mail doesn't mean no news!! I hope?

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15524
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:34 pm

thatkid wrote:Aren't we pretty sure status checkers will update a few days before the arrival of the coveted purple envelope? The mail doesn't mean no news!! I hope?


That's what happened last year, but that's the only sampling we have.

User avatar
yankees42789
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby yankees42789 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:35 pm

amc987 wrote:
yankees42789 wrote:Mail just came and nothing from NYU. Booooooo


I think the status on your online status checker changes to "decision letter sent" before you get the letter in the mail. If you're in the tri-state area maybe your mail would come first, but last year tons of the LSN admits reported the status change before they received anything.


I am in the tri-state area so that's what I was hoping, but c'est la vie.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:37 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
yankees42789 wrote:Mail just came and nothing from NYU. Booooooo

well if you didn't get it, I don't know if anyone will.

congrats on your KB1, by the way

User avatar
yankees42789
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby yankees42789 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:38 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
yankees42789 wrote:Mail just came and nothing from NYU. Booooooo

well if you didn't get it, I don't know if anyone will.

congrats on your KB1, by the way


Thanks!

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby amc987 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:41 pm

yankees42789 wrote:
amc987 wrote:
yankees42789 wrote:Mail just came and nothing from NYU. Booooooo


I think the status on your online status checker changes to "decision letter sent" before you get the letter in the mail. If you're in the tri-state area maybe your mail would come first, but last year tons of the LSN admits reported the status change before they received anything.


I am in the tri-state area so that's what I was hoping, but c'est la vie.


Well with a KB1 on deck, I doubt you have much to worry about anyway! Congrats!

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Might still be a bit early for changes to the status checker, based on last year.

Please, please, please!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, applicationquestions, Exabot [Bot], Keilz and 16 guests