NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gloriouscause
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby gloriouscause » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Yeah, I've given up hope for the day. Maybe tomorrow.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15475
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:50 pm

xlawschoolhopefulx wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:nothing in the mail today :(


You likely won't get anything in the mail today- status checkers will change several days before a purple envelope is received


Not necessarily. Status checkers changed last year on 12/3 but the letters were postmarked 12/1. For all we know purple envelopes may already be on their way.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Nelson » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:52 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Not necessarily. Status checkers changed last year on 12/3 but the letters were postmarked 12/1. For all we know purple envelopes may already be on their way.


This. I'm keeping a small hope alive for my mail at home today. Also, I think last year was the first year NYU had a status checker, so it's a sample size of one year.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:59 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
xlawschoolhopefulx wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:nothing in the mail today :(


You likely won't get anything in the mail today- status checkers will change several days before a purple envelope is received


Not necessarily. Status checkers changed last year on 12/3 but the letters were postmarked 12/1. For all we know purple envelopes may already be on their way.


Oh interesting. Too bad I'm on the West Coast and mail takes forever to get here.

gloriouscause
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby gloriouscause » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
xlawschoolhopefulx wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:nothing in the mail today :(


You likely won't get anything in the mail today- status checkers will change several days before a purple envelope is received


Not necessarily. Status checkers changed last year on 12/3 but the letters were postmarked 12/1. For all we know purple envelopes may already be on their way.


Oh interesting. Too bad I'm on the West Coast and mail takes forever to get here.


+1

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Officially given up hope for the day. Please, please tomorrow!

User avatar
tennisballs
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby tennisballs » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Officially given up hope for the day. Please, please tomorrow!


+1

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Strange » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:51 pm

The plus side of the west coast is that you can wake up to an acceptance (or in this case, status checker change) 8)

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby amc987 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Officially given up hope for the day. Please, please tomorrow!


+1. All this movement with KB1s/2s, Columbia ED, and Berkeley acceptance phone calls is making me more anxious than before. I could use some good news from NYU.

MixedIn
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby MixedIn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:39 pm

So it sounds like the ED acceptances all get sent out by snail mail? Is there an email or an online source for the decision as well? NYU has managed to send everything to my home address even though I gave them my school address, and I would rather not read "decision sent" and still have to wait weeks to find it out.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby snehpets » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:49 pm

MixedIn wrote:So it sounds like the ED acceptances all get sent out by snail mail? Is there an email or an online source for the decision as well? NYU has managed to send everything to my home address even though I gave them my school address, and I would rather not read "decision sent" and still have to wait weeks to find it out.


Last year all acceptances, ed AND rd, were sent through snail mail (except maybe people who got off the wait list). There wasn't an email, although later in the cycle some people could log into the admitted students website, although that was apparently kind of glitchy.

User avatar
indigomachine
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby indigomachine » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:20 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Officially given up hope for the day. Please, please tomorrow!


+2

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:44 pm

indigomachine wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Officially given up hope for the day. Please, please tomorrow!


+2

that's not how + works, but yeah, I agree

User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ladybug89 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:46 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
indigomachine wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Officially given up hope for the day. Please, please tomorrow!


+2

that's not how + works, but yeah, I agree


wait why? how does it work? the internet is confusing.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby soj » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:51 pm

ladybug89 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
indigomachine wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Officially given up hope for the day. Please, please tomorrow!


+2

that's not how + works, but yeah, I agree


wait why? how does it work? the internet is confusing.

You don't want to be asking Jam how the internet works. I've discovered that he's not exactly the best with technology.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:52 pm

soj wrote:
ladybug89 wrote:
wait why? how does it work? the internet is confusing.

You don't want to be asking Jam how the internet works. I've discovered that he's not exactly the best with technology.

Don't bring that shit into the on-topics, bro :lol:

User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ladybug89 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:53 pm

ooookay. withdrawn. still confused...

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby soj » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:58 pm

I think he meant that posts indicating agreement using the "+1" format should always be "+1," not "+1," "+2," etc.

I don't think it really matters either way, but it helps Jam to think of the internet in terms of simple rules he can remember. :P

User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ladybug89 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 pm

that is a stupid rule.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:21 pm

soj wrote:You don't want to be asking Jam how the internet works. I've discovered that he's not exactly the best with technology.



Sorry, had to lol.


Also, stuck at 11/16... :(

User avatar
80eight
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby 80eight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 pm

I don't know if its better or worse to be living abroad through this wait. The days are long and frustrating because I know there is no chance I'll hear while I'm awake. But then I get to sleep through the brutal "will they or won't they update statuses today?" period, wake up, check TLS and be done with it.

User avatar
ladybug89
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ladybug89 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:46 pm

80eight wrote:I don't know if its better or worse to be living abroad through this wait. The days are long and frustrating because I know there is no chance I'll hear while I'm awake. But then I get to sleep through the brutal "will they or won't they update statuses today?" period, wake up, check TLS and be done with it.


Agh, I feel you. I think I woke up 3 times last night, not on purpose but just from generalized stress/anxiety.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 pm

soj wrote:I think he meant that posts indicating agreement using the "+1" format should always be "+1," not "+1," "+2," etc.

I don't think it really matters either way, but it helps Jam to think of the internet in terms of simple rules he can remember. :P

It's the generally accepted way of doing it. It doesn't really matter; I was just giving him crap

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 pm

soj wrote:I think he meant that posts indicating agreement using the "+1" format should always be "+1," not "+1," "+2," etc.

I don't think it really matters either way, but it helps Jam to think of the internet in terms of simple rules he can remember. :P

It's the generally accepted way of doing it. It doesn't really matter; I was just giving him crap

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 pm

soj wrote:I think he meant that posts indicating agreement using the "+1" format should always be "+1," not "+1," "+2," etc.

I don't think it really matters either way, but it helps Jam to think of the internet in terms of simple rules he can remember. :P

It's the generally accepted way of doing it. It doesn't really matter; I was just giving him crap




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ewan0707, Google Adsense [Bot] and 11 guests