NYU Class of 2015 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
indigomachine

Bronze

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Post by indigomachine » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Not to burst any of these bubbles, but I don't really think the Submitted-->UR dates mean much based on #'s

My LSAT is at their 25th percentile, and even though GPA is edging up on the 75th, I'm a multiple LSAT taker with the average being below 25th percentile. I was definitely surprised by my fast turnaround on submitting to UR, but I don't think it means anything other than, for one reason or another, it went UR quickly *shrugs*

Just my 0.02

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Why are you guys waiting for envelopes? Can't you be slamming the status checker? :lol:

Elendil

Silver

Post by Elendil » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:03 pm

RD applicant just went under review yesterday... any idea how long it takes to go from UR to decision mailed (if accepted)?

iamrobk

Bronze

Post by iamrobk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 pm

indigomachine wrote:Not to burst any of these bubbles, but I don't really think the Submitted-->UR dates mean much based on #'s

My LSAT is at their 25th percentile, and even though GPA is edging up on the 75th, I'm a multiple LSAT taker with the average being below 25th percentile. I was definitely surprised by my fast turnaround on submitting to UR, but I don't think it means anything other than, for one reason or another, it went UR quickly *shrugs*

Just my 0.02
Yeah, I went UR the day after I went complete and I'm just below the median LSAT and 25th percentile GPA.

rickfox

New

Post by rickfox » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Wait- so if the status checker changes to 'decision letter mailed,' it's an admit right? Or do they send out WL/rejects for ED applicants via snail mail pre New Year's Day? Hopefully we see some movement sooooon.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:15 pm

iamrobk wrote:
indigomachine wrote:Not to burst any of these bubbles, but I don't really think the Submitted-->UR dates mean much based on #'s

Just my 0.02
Yeah, I went UR the day after I went complete and I'm just below the median LSAT and 25th percentile GPA.
Sorry, just for clarification? Day after you went complete? I didn't even know NYU had a "complete" status. I just went straight to UR after submitting.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:20 pm

rickfox wrote:Wait- so if the status checker changes to 'decision letter mailed,' it's an admit right? Or do they send out WL/rejects for ED applicants via snail mail pre New Year's Day? Hopefully we see some movement sooooon.
Letter mailed meant a purple envelope. At least last January it did. At any rate I can't imagine they bother WL/rejecting anyone via snail mail.

edit: me being an idiot.

nutella123

New

Post by nutella123 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:21 pm

rickfox wrote:Wait- so if the status checker changes to 'decision letter mailed,' it's an admit right? Or do they send out WL/rejects for ED applicants via snail mail pre New Year's Day? Hopefully we see some movement sooooon.
That's how it worked last year. The letters in the first weeks were all acceptances. :D

iamrobk

Bronze

Post by iamrobk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:32 pm

indigomachine wrote:
iamrobk wrote:

Just my 0.02
Sorry, just for clarification? Day after you went complete? I didn't even know NYU had a "complete" status. I just went straight to UR after submitting.
I went from "Application being processed" to Under Review. I wasn't sure if there was a complete status, sorry.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

danielhay11

Bronze

Post by danielhay11 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:21 pm

iamrobk wrote:
indigomachine wrote:
iamrobk wrote:

Just my 0.02
I went from "Application being processed" to Under Review. I wasn't sure if there was a complete status, sorry.
Same

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:49 am

Sorry, I can't get enough of this video. This is my civil procedure teacher eviscerating a partner from Caldwalder on cable television:

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=470559102

weismanc

New

Post by weismanc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:23 am

nutella123 wrote:
That's how it worked last year. The letters in the first weeks were all acceptances. :D
Did this happen to someone yesterday or this week? If so, when did you apply and go UR?

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:05 am

I have a feeling this is going to be a repeat of what happened while waiting on Michigan. Constantly trying to log into ASW and, in the current case, constantly refreshing the status checker page for NYU.

Oh the excitement and agony!!! Good luck everyone. Here's to hoping we hear back early next week, if not sometime today.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:20 am

RonnyDworkin wrote:I have a feeling this is going to be a repeat of what happened while waiting on Michigan. Constantly trying to log into ASW and, in the current case, constantly refreshing the status checker page for NYU.

Oh the excitement and agony!!! Good luck everyone. Here's to hoping we hear back early next week, if not sometime today.
Fingers crossed for today! The first friday in December would be lovely.

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:25 am

Refreshing status checker... nothing yet. PLEASE NYU ADMIT ME

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:30 am

Every time I see someone has replied to this thread, my stomach drops and I think maybe someone got a decision mailed status update.

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:33 am

crooked wrote:Every time I see someone has replied to this thread, my stomach drops and I think maybe someone got a decision mailed status update.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

elibrarian

Bronze

Post by elibrarian » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:36 am

Out of curiousity, does NYU give any preference to those who attended NYU undergrad?

anemonesque

New

Post by anemonesque » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:38 am

I've been using the status check application and had a mini-heart attack when it reported a change in the NYU application--but nothing's changed.

Dated 12/2, 9:50am, it says "Action: Remove" for the Bio/Address/Demographics section. I checked it against what was there before and it's the exact same. What...

snehpets

Silver

Post by snehpets » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:41 am

anemonesque wrote:I've been using the status check application and had a mini-heart attack when it reported a change in the NYU application--but nothing's changed.

Dated 12/2, 9:50am, it says "Action: Remove" for the Bio/Address/Demographics section. I checked it against what was there before and it's the exact same. What...
What's sad is that I'm kind of jealous of even this pointless change.

fingerscrossedxx

Silver

Post by fingerscrossedxx » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:43 am

snehpets wrote:
anemonesque wrote:I've been using the status check application and had a mini-heart attack when it reported a change in the NYU application--but nothing's changed.

What's sad is that I'm kind of jealous of even this pointless change.
+1 :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

seanPtheB

Bronze

Post by seanPtheB » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:49 am

Finally went UR as of yesterday. Submitted 10/31

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:16 pm

On the bright side, if we get no movement today, at least there will almost definitely be a lot of movement next week, right?

Hawkeye Pierce

Silver

Post by Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:22 pm

indigomachine wrote:On the bright side, if we get no movement today, at least there will almost definitely be a lot of movement next week, right?
Most likely.

AS33

Bronze

Post by AS33 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Ugh, might as well join in on the anxiety since I'm bored at work. I went UR on 11/14 and still no status change. Am I expecting too much for a decision by next week?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”