NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
euskadi
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:02 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby euskadi » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Just went under review! My previous status was application processing: 10/29.

User avatar
cashew
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby cashew » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Finally under review!! Submitted 10/17, ED.

lawschool13452
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby lawschool13452 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 pm

euskadi wrote:Just went under review! My previous status was application processing: 10/29.


Just went under review today...submitted 11/1. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Still processing. App recieved 10/31. ED. If I don't go under review tomorrow...

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Killingly wrote:Still processing. App recieved 10/31. ED. If I don't go under review tomorrow...


Then it's not a big deal? NYU is notoriously slow with this and it isn't like it would have any bearing on your decision.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:23 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Killingly wrote:Still processing. App recieved 10/31. ED. If I don't go under review tomorrow...


Then it's not a big deal? NYU is notoriously slow with this and it isn't like it would have any bearing on your decision.


I went through last year's thread, and it seemed that everyone who applied ED who hadn't gone under review already went on the 15th. I'm also having a lot of trouble with LORs, which I fear is keeping my file incomplete. But, forgive the neuroses.

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby hyakku » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:28 pm

I realized earlier I mentioned RTK instead of AnBryce in regard to my question about diversity statements. I meant to ask whether submitting a ps + AnBryce was suggested over submitting a ps+ DS for a reach candidate? I'm leaning towards doing the DS, as I hear you don't even get scholarship essays reviewed before you are accepted, and even with that being the case I may not be competitive for the anbryce.


Good luck to all of you who went UR today.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ahduth » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:51 pm

Strange wrote:You know, I'm an idiot. When I was reading about the RTK I thought the requirement was to work for 10 years in public service BEFORE law school. So I didn't bother. Is it too late to amend my app and send in another essay (or designate my PS for my RTK Essay?). Can't call them now.... will have to wait till Monday I guess.


Naw just call them, they don't give a shit.

User avatar
indigomachine
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby indigomachine » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Does anyone know for ED applicants if it matters if NYU says that it's still processing our app (today is the completion deadline) but the LSAC says it's complete?

Really don't want to get bumped off the ED batch because NYU's still processing apps :?

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby quaker10 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:37 pm

In the past I've called the admissions office with questions like that and they were happy to answer.

indigomachine wrote:Does anyone know for ED applicants if it matters if NYU says that it's still processing our app (today is the completion deadline) but the LSAC says it's complete?

Really don't want to get bumped off the ED batch because NYU's still processing apps :?

User avatar
indigomachine
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby indigomachine » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:58 pm

quaker10 wrote:In the past I've called the admissions office with questions like that and they were happy to answer.

indigomachine wrote:Does anyone know for ED applicants if it matters if NYU says that it's still processing our app (today is the completion deadline) but the LSAC says it's complete?

Really don't want to get bumped off the ED batch because NYU's still processing apps :?


I would, but my phone is dead and I accidentally left my charger in Maine. Amazing timing, I know haha. I might just email.

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby FryBreadPower » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Just got the Status Checker e-mail; Submitted 11/8.

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby hyakku » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Submitted today, NYU never gave me a fee waiver :(, but it's cool I was forutnate enough to get enough from the otehr schools I was considering to be able to afford this one. Hope everyone is ready for the ride and good luck to you all this cycle.

arez
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby arez » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:10 pm

FINALLY UR as of 11/15, submitted 10/17 and had been processing for an eternity

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Strange » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:31 pm

Under review! 11/16. I submitted on 11/3 and got my status checker 11/8

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Strange wrote:Under review! 11/16. I submitted on 11/3 and got my status checker 11/8


Why you and not me?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:26 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Strange wrote:Under review! 11/16. I submitted on 11/3 and got my status checker 11/8


Why you and not me?


+1 :(

Just called admissions. They said they could see everything but my ED contract and to call after 2 pm to confirm that they have it. Don't know why they wouldn't have it...

But, they also reiterated that they are slow to update the status checkers.

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby quaker10 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Aren't they supposed to be releasing ED decisions around now? Anyone have a clue?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:34 pm

quaker10 wrote:Aren't they supposed to be releasing ED decisions around now? Anyone have a clue?


Don't think so. The deadline was only yesterday.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:34 pm

Killingly wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Strange wrote:Under review! 11/16. I submitted on 11/3 and got my status checker 11/8


Why you and not me?


+1 :(

Just called admissions. They said they could see everything but my ED contract and to call after 2 pm to confirm that they have it. Don't know why they wouldn't have it...

But, they also reiterated that they are slow to update the status checkers.


I didn't apply ED; should I not even be checking?

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Strange » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:36 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Killingly wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Strange wrote:Under review! 11/16. I submitted on 11/3 and got my status checker 11/8


Why you and not me?


+1 :(

Just called admissions. They said they could see everything but my ED contract and to call after 2 pm to confirm that they have it. Don't know why they wouldn't have it...

But, they also reiterated that they are slow to update the status checkers.


I didn't apply ED; should I not even be checking?


I'm RD as well.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Strange wrote:
I'm RD as well.


Are you trying to make us hate you?

TheRedMamba
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby TheRedMamba » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm RD, submitted 11/2 went UR 11/7 no updates since

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Strange » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:10 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
Strange wrote:
I'm RD as well.


Are you trying to make us hate you?


Lol, I'm just excited to see some movement. I still got half of my apps pending completion :(

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:12 pm

TheRedMamba wrote:I'm RD, submitted 11/2 went UR 11/7 no updates since


Wow...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Long shot hero, lonola, Pomegranate27, Rich Uncle Skeleton, xnsch and 16 guests