NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Killingly

Silver
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:24 pm

For those interested, I JUST received an e-mail acknowledgement of my decision to remain on the WL, and I went DLS on 4/02

User avatar
StartSomething

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby StartSomething » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:35 pm

dachshund wrote:besides what they tell people, do we know how much NYU actually pulls from their WL?

Last year, a little. The years before, not at all.

quaker10

Bronze
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby quaker10 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:01 am

DLS 4/16
WL email just now

quaker10

Bronze
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby quaker10 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Sent in LOCI after I was deferred ED - do i send in another after the WL email?

User avatar
KevinP

Silver
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby KevinP » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Was waitlisted last week by NYU. Will be withdrawing soon.

Hope this eases up the competition for the other waitlisted candidates!

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:45 pm

KevinP wrote:Was waitlisted last week by NYU. Will be withdrawing soon.

Hope this eases up the competition for the other waitlisted candidates!

Congrats again on CLS, dude

User avatar
hyakku

Silver
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby hyakku » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Was WLed at some point during the weekend. Just saw their email a bit ago. Definitely withdrawing but good luck to those headed to NYU this year. Enjoy NYC, there's a lot to take advantage of and I hope you all get to experience everything you can.

User avatar
KevinP

Silver
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby KevinP » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:08 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
KevinP wrote:Was waitlisted last week by NYU. Will be withdrawing soon.

Hope this eases up the competition for the other waitlisted candidates!

Congrats again on CLS, dude

Thank you man! I looked at your cycle, and that is just unreal.

If it makes you feel any better, the highest school outside of Columbia that I got into is GULC. I was proactive with Columbia and sent them new materials that were of much higher quality than my initial app. I was planning to do the same for other schools come waitlist time, but now I won't have to. I definitely think you should be proactive in pursing the waitlists, and I wish you the best of luck.

Harlyn

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Harlyn » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:26 pm

I was waitlisted last week and thought stop lurking and I'd join in.

user_france

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby user_france » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:54 am

Is there a consensus on whether those of us who haven't heard anything yet still have a chance at admission or waitlist?

User avatar
Mr. Somebody

Silver
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Mr. Somebody » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:56 am

user_france wrote:Is there a consensus on whether those of us who haven't heard anything yet still have a chance at admission or waitlist?


Likely a WL/ding

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 am

Just got waitlist confirmation. I wonder why it takes so long for the response; I think it was like 10 or 12 days since I requested to stay on

User avatar
FavoriteColorGRUE

Bronze
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby FavoriteColorGRUE » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:54 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:Just got waitlist confirmation. I wonder why it takes so long for the response; I think it was like 10 or 12 days since I requested to stay on



yeah, same.
sigh.

User avatar
Blumpbeef

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:55 pm

FavoriteColorGRUE wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Just got waitlist confirmation. I wonder why it takes so long for the response; I think it was like 10 or 12 days since I requested to stay on



yeah, same.
sigh.

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:03 am

when can we start expecting some movement?

user_france

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby user_france » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 am

JamMasterJ wrote:when can we start expecting some movement?


+1

User avatar
dingbat

Gold
Posts: 4975
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby dingbat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:03 am

JamMasterJ wrote:when can we start expecting some movement?

Chicago has already pulled people from the waitlist, apparently.
I figure May

user_france

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby user_france » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:07 pm

WL'd just now via email.

User avatar
thelawyler

Silver
Posts: 901
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby thelawyler » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:31 pm

LOL I only recently got my WL confirmation, and I was WL over a month ago and sent a response immediately. What is going on.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx

Silver
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue May 01, 2012 11:27 am

thelawyler wrote:LOL I only recently got my WL confirmation, and I was WL over a month ago and sent a response immediately. What is going on.


I know! I got an email from NYU yesterday and got slightly excited, then it was just a confirmation. I was like aaaaaah!

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed May 02, 2012 3:05 pm

when is NYU supposed to start making wl decisions?

User avatar
Killingly

Silver
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Wed May 02, 2012 3:12 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:when is NYU supposed to start making wl decisions?


I think the first notifications went out mid-May for the last couple cycles.

User avatar
Chucky21

Bronze
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Chucky21 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Killingly wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:when is NYU supposed to start making wl decisions?


I think the first notifications went out mid-May for the last couple cycles.

Do you know how much they use the waitlist? I am also riding it out.

User avatar
Killingly

Silver
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Wed May 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Chucky21 wrote:
Killingly wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:when is NYU supposed to start making wl decisions?


I think the first notifications went out mid-May for the last couple cycles.

Do you know how much they use the waitlist? I am also riding it out.


I have no idea in terms of percentages/hard numbers or whatever, but they do seem to draw from it at least. Good luck!

User avatar
avd90

Bronze
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:27 pm

just withdrew from the waitlist! so weird... I hope you all get in, but particularly Jam. Kill it, kid.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: QUIZ and 3 guests