NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby gravityrides0 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:11 pm

EMZE wrote:How many are left still U/R? Anybody handy with those google doc thingys?


+1

and yes, 12/20

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby thelawyler » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:21 am

I just got WL today too. Sigh.

JamMasterJ wrote:
EMZE wrote:Hope for your sake, JMJ, that you don't have to wait a year. Looking at that path though, maybe some more work experience would really be helpful for both admissions and post LS employment, so there's always a bright side. How far out of undergrad are you, if at all?

It is starting to seem like work experience is playing an increased role at more schools.

Only a year out, but my job isn't exactly a strong point, since I knew I was only going to be out for a year. I would need to find something a bit better if I'm gonna be stuck waiting for another year. I really don't want to think about that stuff. Luckily, I'm held or waitlisted at 5 schools I'd be ecstatic to attend, as well as a few that I'd be cool with going to. May the odds be ever in my favor


Damn I just took a look through your LSN and I feel for you. I guess I shouldn't be complaining at all.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:02 am

thelawyler wrote:I just got WL today too. Sigh.

JamMasterJ wrote:
EMZE wrote:Hope for your sake, JMJ, that you don't have to wait a year. Looking at that path though, maybe some more work experience would really be helpful for both admissions and post LS employment, so there's always a bright side. How far out of undergrad are you, if at all?

It is starting to seem like work experience is playing an increased role at more schools.

Only a year out, but my job isn't exactly a strong point, since I knew I was only going to be out for a year. I would need to find something a bit better if I'm gonna be stuck waiting for another year. I really don't want to think about that stuff. Luckily, I'm held or waitlisted at 5 schools I'd be ecstatic to attend, as well as a few that I'd be cool with going to. May the odds be ever in my favor


Damn I just took a look through your LSN and I feel for you. I guess I shouldn't be complaining at all.

yeah, this is a shockingly unpredictable cycle, especially for people with high LSAT's and below stellar but not terrible GPAs

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby quaker10 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:10 am

Adm.Doppleganger wrote:I'm 10/21 UR and still alive.Anyone been UR longer?


Yup - there are a couple of us held ED'ers out there

User avatar
wendys27
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby wendys27 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 am

WL yesterday ... numbers in profile

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:49 am

still UR... from what I can tell, there hasn't really been Friday movement (this cycle or last)... can anyone tell me I'm wrong? I'd love to have a definitive answer at last

User avatar
PARTY
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby PARTY » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:50 am

when will all of the decisions be out by? they're really taking a while.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:57 am

EMZE wrote:How many are left still U/R? Anybody handy with those google doc thingys?


I would make one but I imagine more waves of decisions will come out soon which would make it useless. If we don't get an answer by today maybe I'll make one so we can have something to obsess over for the weekend

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
EMZE wrote:How many are left still U/R? Anybody handy with those google doc thingys?


I would make one but I imagine more waves of decisions will come out soon which would make it useless. If we don't get an answer by today maybe I'll make one so we can have something to obsess over for the weekend


sounds good, I'm holding you to this.. hehe

knittycity
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:30 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby knittycity » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:08 pm

i bet they are closed today because of good friday...i think there will be more news next week but not today....

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:09 pm

knittycity wrote:i bet they are closed today because of good friday...i think there will be more news next week but not today....


I dunno, NYU still has classes, so maybe not?

dachshund
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:52 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby dachshund » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:50 pm

still UR 12/122. ugh.

dryanc123
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby dryanc123 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Still at 12/9. Why would we not have already been WL/rejected?

dachshund
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:52 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby dachshund » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:19 pm

I wish I knew but this wave of WL emails is making me nervous. Hope a ding one isn't next.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby gravityrides0 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:22 pm

dachshund wrote:I wish I knew but this wave of WL emails is making me nervous. Hope a ding one isn't next.


well yesterday there were a few acceptances and rejections, too... and wasn't it kind of like that all week? so I wouldn't assume there is really a rhyme or reason to the "waves" of decisions. to me it just looks like what they have left is a borderline group (peoplewithin or near the big gap on the LSN graph) and they're just finally cranking out decisions.

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby quaker10 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:36 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
dachshund wrote:I wish I knew but this wave of WL emails is making me nervous. Hope a ding one isn't next.


well yesterday there were a few acceptances and rejections, too... and wasn't it kind of like that all week? so I wouldn't assume there is really a rhyme or reason to the "waves" of decisions. to me it just looks like what they have left is a borderline group (peoplewithin or near the big gap on the LSN graph) and they're just finally cranking out decisions.


I think this analysis is accurate.. as they continue to get withdrawals from admitted applicants, they will know how many more of us they can accept.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Any DLS's yet?

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:21 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:Any DLS's yet?

I don't think Friday is a big decision day, at least from LSN

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Looks like we'll survive the weekend boys and girls

Don't know how many will fill this out, but here's a spreadsheet for those of us still waiting to hear back...

Form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... Uk1laFE6MQ

Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... laFE#gid=0

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Elric » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:29 pm

I think I remember reading somewhere they'd do their best to give us a decision by the end of April. I guess they're really shooting for the end of April :|

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Elric wrote:I think I remember reading somewhere they'd do their best to give us a decision by the end of April. I guess they're really shooting for the end of April :|


yeah, that was in an email to me :oops: blehhhh

dachshund
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:52 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby dachshund » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Do you think it's too late to send a LOCI at this point?

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby PopTorts13 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Just withdrew. Best of luck everyone!

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Blumpbeef » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:51 pm

dachshund wrote:Do you think it's too late to send a LOCI at this point?


What are your dates?

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Blumpbeef » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:00 am

JamMasterJ wrote: May the odds be ever in our favor


I have 7 wait lists so far I'd love to get off of. It could happen, but if not, i feel good sbout my chances with WE/NU or MVP ED.

At least you're not wait listed at T20s or 30s. Pretty much any t14 will let you work nationally so it's not a life altering decision to just attend whichever wl you get off of.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ginawwhan, notnecessarilyproper, RictusErectus, TakeItToTrial, Zoe107 and 14 guests