NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby luxxe » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Waitlisted.

:evil:

thisguy456
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:42 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby thisguy456 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Waitlisted...numbers in profile.

User avatar
kennethellenparcell
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:02 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby kennethellenparcell » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Sigh. Last two days = splitter WLs? And today = reverse splitter WLs??

I suppose this makes sense from an admissions standpoint. WL the splitters and reverse splitters so that you can plug # gaps in your incoming class.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Crowing » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:52 pm

.
Last edited by Crowing on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ricsllscir » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:59 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:Sigh. Last two days = splitter WLs? And today = reverse splitter WLs??

I suppose this makes sense from an admissions standpoint. WL the splitters and reverse splitters so that you can plug # gaps in your incoming class.


Arrg, 1/10 URM splitter still surviving to live another day here...not that hopeful though

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby gravityrides0 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Ya, beats me how I was left untouched during these intense WL waves. NYU why must you cling to me-- I am numerically not what you are looking at in an applicant. put me out of my misery!!!

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:14 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:Ya, beats me how I was left untouched during these intense WL waves. NYU why must you cling to me-- I am numerically not what you are looking at in an applicant. put me out of my misery!!!


+1. BAH. URM reverse splitter. hating life

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby gravityrides0 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:16 pm

avd90 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:Ya, beats me how I was left untouched during these intense WL waves. NYU why must you cling to me-- I am numerically not what you are looking at in an applicant. put me out of my misery!!!


+1. BAH. URM reverse splitter. hating life


white as whitebread reverser splitter, and samesies!

ucbkenn
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ucbkenn » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Splitter here. Waitlisted just now.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:22 pm

luxxe wrote:Waitlisted.

:evil:

:(

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby luxxe » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:09 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
luxxe wrote:Waitlisted.

:evil:

:(


Ngl, I'm upset about this. SO MANY 3.9+/169s have been accepted. WHATEVER I sent my Georgetown deposit in yesterday anyway.

User avatar
Angrygeopolitically
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Angrygeopolitically » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Well, here is a URM splitter about to withdraw and go to Texas. I got $75,000 from NYU so whoever you are that takes my splitter-urm spot :) make sure to ask for your $75000..

Cheers,

User avatar
RopeisaJoke
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby RopeisaJoke » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:26 pm

So the obvious question is... what are our WL chances with NYU?

Pt324
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Pt324 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Is there anyone else left? I feel like NYU just forgot about me. 1/9

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:55 pm

luxxe wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
luxxe wrote:Waitlisted.

:evil:

:(


Ngl, I'm upset about this. SO MANY 3.9+/169s have been accepted. WHATEVER I sent my Georgetown deposit in yesterday anyway.

I really hope we end up getting off the same T6 WL. I've already started spamming them

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Crowing » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:56 pm

.
Last edited by Crowing on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sammy841
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Sammy841 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:50 pm

I sent in a LOCI about a week before I was waitlisted. So what can I do now? A basket of bath salts? A nice note? Where is the line between showing interest and stalking?

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby EMZE » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 pm

How many are left still U/R? Anybody handy with those google doc thingys?

user_france
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby user_france » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm still UR

cgomez
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby cgomez » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm still UR

83947368
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby 83947368 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:17 pm

.
Last edited by 83947368 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Crowing wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
luxxe wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote: :(


Ngl, I'm upset about this. SO MANY 3.9+/169s have been accepted. WHATEVER I sent my Georgetown deposit in yesterday anyway.

I really hope we end up getting off the same T6 WL. I've already started spamming them


I'd be super surprised if you didn't get off a WL, but if you don't, what are you planning on doing?

Probably EDing to NYU and adding Cornell, GULC, Vandy, and maybe a couple others to my list. ED NYU is the closest to a T6 lock I can think of. Hopefully I don't have to wait a year though. That would really suck

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Crowing » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:35 pm

.
Last edited by Crowing on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby EMZE » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Hope for your sake, JMJ, that you don't have to wait a year. Looking at that path though, maybe some more work experience would really be helpful for both admissions and post LS employment, so there's always a bright side. How far out of undergrad are you, if at all?

It is starting to seem like work experience is playing an increased role at more schools.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:59 pm

EMZE wrote:Hope for your sake, JMJ, that you don't have to wait a year. Looking at that path though, maybe some more work experience would really be helpful for both admissions and post LS employment, so there's always a bright side. How far out of undergrad are you, if at all?

It is starting to seem like work experience is playing an increased role at more schools.

Only a year out, but my job isn't exactly a strong point, since I knew I was only going to be out for a year. I would need to find something a bit better if I'm gonna be stuck waiting for another year. I really don't want to think about that stuff. Luckily, I'm held or waitlisted at 5 schools I'd be ecstatic to attend, as well as a few that I'd be cool with going to. May the odds be ever in my favor




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”