NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WheninLaw
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby WheninLaw » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:31 pm

The NYU graph makes me laugh. So far

Have a 170? Better have a 3.7!
Have a 171? Better have a 3.6!
Have a 172? Better have a 3.5!

VALLEY OF SAD.

daleearnhardt123
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby daleearnhardt123 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 pm

WheninLaw wrote:The NYU graph makes me laugh. So far

Have a 170? Better have a 3.7!
Have a 171? Better have a 3.6!
Have a 172? Better have a 3.5!

VALLEY OF SAD.


haha the valley is pretty entertaining. Hate to be a buzzkill but I feel like 95% of us who currently reside in the "valley" will soon be yellow dots on LSN.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby luxxe » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:52 pm

daleearnhardt123 wrote:
WheninLaw wrote:The NYU graph makes me laugh. So far

Have a 170? Better have a 3.7!
Have a 171? Better have a 3.6!
Have a 172? Better have a 3.5!

VALLEY OF SAD.


haha the valley is pretty entertaining. Hate to be a buzzkill but I feel like 95% of us who currently reside in the "valley" will soon be yellow dots on LSN.


What about those of us whose (likely) yellow dots are going to be right on top of a sea of green :evil:.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:09 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
Killingly wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:I'm sure this has already been pointed out somewhere in this thread, but as someone whois falls into NYU's valley of death, I think the gap is pretty funny on LSN (http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1112/).


I like to call it the chasm of despair.

haha I like chasm of despair better as well.

(Also, I've been noticing that I always make stupid typos when you're around, killingly. I guess I must get frazzled when you're around. :wink: :lol: )


I HAVE THIS EFFECT ON PEOPLE.

Also, stop posting in the NU thread. I'm being creepy watching you.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:58 pm

luxxe wrote:
daleearnhardt123 wrote:
WheninLaw wrote:The NYU graph makes me laugh. So far

Have a 170? Better have a 3.7!
Have a 171? Better have a 3.6!
Have a 172? Better have a 3.5!

VALLEY OF SAD.


haha the valley is pretty entertaining. Hate to be a buzzkill but I feel like 95% of us who currently reside in the "valley" will soon be yellow dots on LSN.


What about those of us whose (likely) yellow dots are going to be right on top of a sea of green :evil:.

tso frustrating. Hopefully the things I've recently sent will help me out

User avatar
toddly76
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby toddly76 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:37 am

Ugh, that chasm is terrible. I'm right on the cusp of it with a 169/3.8

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:22 am

toddly76 wrote:Ugh, that chasm is terrible. I'm right on the cusp of it with a 169/3.8



I'm on the other end.

(... and they say it isn't a numbers game)

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:31 pm

My status just changed to "Decision letter sent", anyone know if I'll get an email today or am I stuck compulsively checking the mail for 2-3 days?

For anyone curious about my time frame, submitted 2/14 - Complete 2/15 - UR 2/22 - Letter sent 2/27.

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:My status just changed to "Decision letter sent", anyone know if I'll get an email today or am I stuck compulsively checking the mail for 2-3 days?

For anyone curious about my time frame, submitted 2/14 - Complete 2/15 - UR 2/22 - Letter sent 2/27.


I'm quite jealous--with your numbers and the speed of your application, from what I've seen from other applicants you are probably an admit. Apparently you should be able to log into the ASW for your answer before snail mail

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:01 pm

avd90 wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:My status just changed to "Decision letter sent", anyone know if I'll get an email today or am I stuck compulsively checking the mail for 2-3 days?

For anyone curious about my time frame, submitted 2/14 - Complete 2/15 - UR 2/22 - Letter sent 2/27.


I'm quite jealous--with your numbers and the speed of your application, from what I've seen from other applicants you are probably an admit. Apparently you should be able to log into the ASW for your answer before snail mail



Eh can't log in yet, but LSN does make me pretty optimistic.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby gravityrides0 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:19 pm

I may send a LOCI today... The NYU website says to provide additional information as an attachment to the application (I assume through LSAC)... Do you think this applies to LOCIs, even when my application is complete and under review? Or should I just email them?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:29 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:
avd90 wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:My status just changed to "Decision letter sent", anyone know if I'll get an email today or am I stuck compulsively checking the mail for 2-3 days?

For anyone curious about my time frame, submitted 2/14 - Complete 2/15 - UR 2/22 - Letter sent 2/27.


I'm quite jealous--with your numbers and the speed of your application, from what I've seen from other applicants you are probably an admit. Apparently you should be able to log into the ASW for your answer before snail mail



Eh can't log in yet, but LSN does make me pretty optimistic.

a lot of times, they don't update the ASW page until the end of the day

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby PopTorts13 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:54 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:
avd90 wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:My status just changed to "Decision letter sent", anyone know if I'll get an email today or am I stuck compulsively checking the mail for 2-3 days?

For anyone curious about my time frame, submitted 2/14 - Complete 2/15 - UR 2/22 - Letter sent 2/27.


I'm quite jealous--with your numbers and the speed of your application, from what I've seen from other applicants you are probably an admit. Apparently you should be able to log into the ASW for your answer before snail mail



Eh can't log in yet, but LSN does make me pretty optimistic.

a lot of times, they don't update the ASW page until the end of the day


+1 here. Any scholarships included in the potential acceptance mail, merit-based or not?

nametaken
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby nametaken » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:11 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
+1 here. Any scholarships included in the potential acceptance mail, merit-based or not?


Nope

JonnyBart
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JonnyBart » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Got dinged via email a few weeks ago.

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Just got accepted via phone. I just about ripped my phone out of a roommates hand when I saw it was a 212 area code. My first acceptance so far and I couldn't be any happier about it.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby luxxe » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:01 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:Just got accepted via phone. I just about ripped my phone out of a roommates hand when I saw it was a 212 area code. My first acceptance so far and I couldn't be any happier about it.


Congrats!!

(but oh my god I am growing more bitter by the day)

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Campagnolo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:05 pm

daleearnhardt123 wrote:
WheninLaw wrote:The NYU graph makes me laugh. So far

Have a 170? Better have a 3.7!
Have a 171? Better have a 3.6!
Have a 172? Better have a 3.5!

VALLEY OF SAD.


haha the valley is pretty entertaining. Hate to be a buzzkill but I feel like 95% of us who currently reside in the "valley" will soon be yellow dots on LSN.


This was me with Berk. Straight ding.

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby PopTorts13 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:55 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:Just got accepted via phone. I just about ripped my phone out of a roommates hand when I saw it was a 212 area code. My first acceptance so far and I couldn't be any happier about it.


Congrats!
+1 I was accepted today as well. A kind voicemail was left for me to listen to once I had got back from work today. 8)

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 pm

PopTorts13 wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:Just got accepted via phone. I just about ripped my phone out of a roommates hand when I saw it was a 212 area code. My first acceptance so far and I couldn't be any happier about it.


Congrats!
+1 I was accepted today as well. A kind voicemail was left for me to listen to once I had got back from work today. 8)


Aw, congrats guys! I'm getting jelly.

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby cactuarX3 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Killingly wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:Just got accepted via phone. I just about ripped my phone out of a roommates hand when I saw it was a 212 area code. My first acceptance so far and I couldn't be any happier about it.


Congrats!
+1 I was accepted today as well. A kind voicemail was left for me to listen to once I had got back from work today. 8)


Aw, congrats guys! I'm getting jelly.


You and me both....

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:14 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
Killingly wrote:
PopTorts13 wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:Just got accepted via phone. I just about ripped my phone out of a roommates hand when I saw it was a 212 area code. My first acceptance so far and I couldn't be any happier about it.


Congrats!
+1 I was accepted today as well. A kind voicemail was left for me to listen to once I had got back from work today. 8)


Aw, congrats guys! I'm getting jelly.


You and me both....


One of these days, Cactus, one of these days...

User avatar
kennethellenparcell
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:02 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby kennethellenparcell » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Jeeeeeeez NYU gimme an answer. PLEASE.

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby sdphill » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:02 pm

kennethellenparcell wrote:Jeeeeeeez NYU gimme an answer. PLEASE.


+1

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:05 pm

I can't stop singing I WANT YOUUUU. I WANT YOU SO BAAAAAAD. The Beatles really get my relationship with NYU. COMOOON. Can't stop hearing the guitar and John Lennon singing into my ear




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”