NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Aqualung
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Aqualung » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:36 pm

11/17 UR here. Still haven't heard anything. There's still some more of you out there, correct?

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby luxxe » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Aqualung wrote:11/17 UR here. Still haven't heard anything. There's still some more of you out there, correct?


11/23 here. There are many of us.

User avatar
Aqualung
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Aqualung » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:39 pm

luxxe wrote:
Aqualung wrote:11/17 UR here. Still haven't heard anything. There's still some more of you out there, correct?


11/23 here. There are many of us.


Yeah, I figured so. I just hadn't checked in a while.

User avatar
1212
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby 1212 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey friends,

I missed a call from the Dean and his message mentioned the call was concerning RTK. Did anyone else receive the same call and actually answer the phone? I tried calling back but just got voicemail. Wondering if it was about being a finalist & if any interview info was provided? I received an email awhile back about being an IILJ finalist but nothing regarding RTK.

Thanks!

phl516
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby phl516 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:53 pm

1212 wrote:Hey friends,

I missed a call from the Dean and his message mentioned the call was concerning RTK. Did anyone else receive the same call and actually answer the phone? I tried calling back but just got voicemail. Wondering if it was about being a finalist & if any interview info was provided? I received an email awhile back about being an IILJ finalist but nothing regarding RTK.

Thanks!


Yes. (See the In at NYU thread) I actually missed the call too but ended up getting in touch after playing phone tag. It was about being a finalist - congrats! He went over a bunch of logistical details about the interview so make sure you call back if you don't hear from him.

User avatar
1212
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby 1212 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:27 am

phl516 wrote:
1212 wrote:Hey friends,

I missed a call from the Dean and his message mentioned the call was concerning RTK. Did anyone else receive the same call and actually answer the phone? I tried calling back but just got voicemail. Wondering if it was about being a finalist & if any interview info was provided? I received an email awhile back about being an IILJ finalist but nothing regarding RTK.

Thanks!


Yes. (See the In at NYU thread) I actually missed the call too but ended up getting in touch after playing phone tag. It was about being a finalist - congrats! He went over a bunch of logistical details about the interview so make sure you call back if you don't hear from him.


grazie!!

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby hyakku » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:54 am

Has NYU been accepting people at all lately en masse? I haven't really checked as I didn't expect to get in, but I'm pretty curious that my status checker has been stuck at 12/7 for so long and dings have already gone out. I see people say there are some trickles, but it's hard to really tell from LSN

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:13 am

luxxe wrote:
Aqualung wrote:11/17 UR here. Still haven't heard anything. There's still some more of you out there, correct?


11/23 here. There are many of us.

similar UR date. Still waiting

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Just received an email requesting fall grades... is this good, bad, or neutral?

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby PopTorts13 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 pm

avd90 wrote:Just received an email requesting fall grades... is this good, bad, or neutral?


Well, how are your Fall grades? ha ha I'm going with an inquiry as neutral; they most likely just want to know how things are rolling with you so that they are making an academically holistic evaluation. If anything, lets call it positive! 8)

wolfpack37
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:09 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby wolfpack37 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:03 pm

avd90 wrote:Just received an email requesting fall grades... is this good, bad, or neutral?


I also received an email. How quickly being a jackass last semester has caught up with me...

After I did my apps, I started working another job (and my resume was very lackluster in that department). Do y'all think I should send an updated resume with my fall grades?

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:07 pm

wolfpack37 wrote:
avd90 wrote:Just received an email requesting fall grades... is this good, bad, or neutral?


I also received an email. How quickly being a jackass last semester has caught up with me...

After I did my apps, I started working another job (and my resume was very lackluster in that department). Do y'all think I should send an updated resume with my fall grades?


nah, I think they'll get the gist. But probably won't hurt. I had a terrible (for me) semester--3.7ish, BUT i had a lot of very intense family stuff going on.. So I think I'm going to include an addendum about my grades... hoping that I can maybe extend that to my lsat score (jkish)

chemE_envlaw
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby chemE_envlaw » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:12 am

Hi there! This is my first post here...

I went Under Review 1/9, and haven't heard since. I have a 3.49/171, but I've been out of school and working since 2005. I decided to make a quick trip to NYC last weekend in the event that I got into Columbia/NYU and had to decide between them. I fell in love with NYU (which had originally been my top choice) and now the waiting's making me crazy! The reserve at Columbia gives me hope that it won't be an outright ding at least...maybe...

me!0712
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby me!0712 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:12 am

wolfpack37 wrote:
avd90 wrote:Just received an email requesting fall grades... is this good, bad, or neutral?


I also received an email. How quickly being a jackass last semester has caught up with me...

After I did my apps, I started working another job (and my resume was very lackluster in that department). Do y'all think I should send an updated resume with my fall grades?


Yup I got the email asking for this too. :/

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby thelawyler » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 am

Aqualung wrote:11/17 UR here. Still haven't heard anything. There's still some more of you out there, correct?

I'm UR in Mid Oct. Been a long wait...

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:27 am

chemE_envlaw wrote:Hi there! This is my first post here...

I went Under Review 1/9, and haven't heard since. I have a 3.49/171, but I've been out of school and working since 2005. I decided to make a quick trip to NYC last weekend in the event that I got into Columbia/NYU and had to decide between them. I fell in love with NYU (which had originally been my top choice) and now the waiting's making me crazy! The reserve at Columbia gives me hope that it won't be an outright ding at least...maybe...

good luck dude/girl. The waiting is really starting to get to me as well

Mhill388
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Mhill388 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:08 am

I know the topic has been covered but does anyone know what the process looks like from here for us ED roll-overs? If we haven't heard yet should we assume the W/L or a ding?

HeadToWall
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:09 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby HeadToWall » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:38 pm

thelawyler wrote:
Aqualung wrote:11/17 UR here. Still haven't heard anything. There's still some more of you out there, correct?

I'm UR in Mid Oct. Been a long wait...


Wow, that puts my three week wait into perspective, especially since I'm not nearly as competitive as scoring a 173 and inventing the piano key necktie.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JDizzle2015 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm sure this has already been pointed out somewhere in this thread, but as someone who is falls into NYU's valley of death, I think the gap is pretty funny on LSN (http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1112/).

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:30 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:I'm sure this has already been pointed out somewhere in this thread, but as someone who is falls into NYU's valley of death, I think the gap is pretty funny on LSN (http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1112/).


I like to call it the chasm of despair.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JDizzle2015 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Killingly wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:I'm sure this has already been pointed out somewhere in this thread, but as someone whois falls into NYU's valley of death, I think the gap is pretty funny on LSN (http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1112/).


I like to call it the chasm of despair.

haha I like chasm of despair better as well.

(Also, I've been noticing that I always make stupid typos when you're around, killingly. I guess I must get frazzled when you're around. :wink: :lol: )

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Jesus. That's a gap.

The only thing making me feel better is that so far no one with my GPA has been rejected.


*ignores that my lsat score limits my chances significantly*

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Blumpbeef » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:02 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:The only thing making me feel better is that so far no one with my GPA has been rejected.


*ignores that my lsat score limits my chances significantly*


Nor my LSAT


*ignores that my GPA limits my chances significantly*

User avatar
PopTorts13
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:27 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby PopTorts13 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:11 pm

I applied only a couple of weeks ago and the LSN info shows that I will most certainly get in...

If I had applied at a decent time, like a normal human-being

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby luxxe » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:19 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:Jesus. That's a gap.

The only thing making me feel better is that so far no one with my GPA has been rejected.


*ignores that my lsat score limits my chances significantly*


I have little hope, but I do have this.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hellohalo, potatocowpower and 7 guests