NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Yeshia90

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Yeshia90 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:43 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
I got this.

tag team that business!!!

Tag teaming is my preferred method of doing business.

Shotty Mick Foley. You can be the Rock.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:51 am

Yeshia90 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
I got this.

tag team that business!!!

Tag teaming is my preferred method of doing business.

Shotty Mick Foley. You can be the Rock.

but seriously, I think it's almost time for me to write a Why NYU. I was planning on waiting until the waitlist, but I wonder if it would do more good now

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:57 am

JamMasterJ wrote:but seriously, I think it's almost time for me to write a Why NYU. I was planning on waiting until the waitlist, but I wonder if it would do more good now

I wish I could tell you that I think it matters. And I mean, it might marginally help now. But odds are you're going to be someone they use for an LSAT boost. I would write a why NYU now, and do a LOCI later. Hell, you can do a LOCI and a Why NYU now, and a different LOCI later. If you look back at NeonX's cycle last year, he way outperformed and he wrote the shit out of LOCIs.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:00 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:but seriously, I think it's almost time for me to write a Why NYU. I was planning on waiting until the waitlist, but I wonder if it would do more good now

I wish I could tell you that I think it matters. And I mean, it might marginally help now. But odds are you're going to be someone they use for an LSAT boost. I would write a why NYU now, and do a LOCI later. Hell, you can do a LOCI and a Why NYU now, and a different LOCI later. If you look back at NeonX's cycle last year, he way outperformed and he wrote the shit out of LOCIs.

thanks bird, that's probably what I'll do

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:04 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

thanks bird, that's probably what I'll do

Also, when you get in, let me know and I can help you out with additional info. Because you will get in.

madvillain

Postby madvillain » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:10 am

I'm wondering if I could get some advice here. So I've been under review since October. I have a 179/3.86. Still no decision. What should I do? I don't feel particularly keen on writing a LOCI and I'm really confused as to what I should have expected at all for my cycle. Just sort of paralyzed right now with disappointment. I'm international if that helps.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:16 am

madvillain wrote:I'm wondering if I could get some advice here. So I've been under review since October. I have a 179/3.86. Still no decision. What should I do? I don't feel particularly keen on writing a LOCI and I'm really confused as to what I should have expected at all for my cycle. Just sort of paralyzed right now with disappointment. I'm international if that helps.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but international applicants don't have GPAs... right? Maybe Canada? I don't know...

I would just call them and see what's up.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:19 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
madvillain wrote:I'm wondering if I could get some advice here. So I've been under review since October. I have a 179/3.86. Still no decision. What should I do? I don't feel particularly keen on writing a LOCI and I'm really confused as to what I should have expected at all for my cycle. Just sort of paralyzed right now with disappointment. I'm international if that helps.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but international applicants don't have GPAs... right? Maybe Canada? I don't know...

do you think I should be calling them?

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:22 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

I mean, if you want. I can tell you what they'll say. They're gonna say that they are reviewing your application and you'll get a decision by the end of April or some shit like that. It never hurts to call, because you won't be talking to someone that makes decisions, and just in case it was something clerical (very unlikely). Doesn't hurt though.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:24 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

I mean, if you want. I can tell you what they'll say. They're gonna say that they are reviewing your application and you'll get a decision by the end of April or some shit like that. It never hurts to call, because you won't be talking to someone that makes decisions, and just in case it was something clerical (very unlikely). Doesn't hurt though.

yeah, that's what I assumed.

madvillain

Postby madvillain » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:26 am

Apologies for the confusion. I attended a Canadian university so the GPA does convert. The 3.86 was what LSAC gave me. But yeah, probably no point really asking for help since my case seems to be so different from the norm.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:28 am

madvillain wrote:Apologies for the confusion. I attended a Canadian university so the GPA does convert. The 3.86 was what LSAC gave me. But yeah, probably no point really asking for help since my case seems to be so different from the norm.

I would agree. Also, sorry that my post sounded sort accusatory, not how I meant it. I was just confused. But yeah, your case definitely seems unusual to me. A LOCI wouldn't hurt, calling wouldn't hurt. Really just do something so they grab your file again.

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:30 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

If you'd been dinged somewhere, I'd agree--you could ask what's wrong with your application, or whatever. But because you've been WL'd everywhere, you can't really ask.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:16 am

Yeshia90 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

If you'd been dinged somewhere, I'd agree--you could ask what's wrong with your application, or whatever. But because you've been WL'd everywhere, you can't really ask.

well I got dinged at Harvard... :lol:

Yeshia90

Postby Yeshia90 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

Yeah, but their answer would be that you're not Harvard material. If, like, Cornell or even NYU had dinged you, you'd know something weird was going on. I'm absolutely positive you'll end up in the same place we figured you'd end up, but the process is significantly more agitating. But in the end, you'll be fine.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:21 am

Yeshia90 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

Yeah, but their answer would be that you're not Harvard material. If, like, Cornell or even NYU had dinged you, you'd know something weird was going on. I'm absolutely positive you'll end up in the same place we figured you'd end up, but the process is significantly more agitating. But in the end, you'll be fine.

thanks dude!!! Hopefully I get in to NYU in time for ASW

Kring345

Postby Kring345 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:40 am

I dont have regular/unfettered access to internet (Afghanistan). Can someone sum up what's going on with NYU? Bunch of acceptances with handful of rejects? What are we looking at here? I dont have time to read a lot of interwebbingz.

Thanks!

caminante

Postby caminante » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:47 am

I haven't been following along too closely, so hopefully someone else will add to this. What you really need to know is that your status checker will change to "decision letter sent" after they finalize their decision for you. Then, you can check on the NYU admissions page whether or not you can login to the admitted students page to see if you're in ( although access sometimes lags by a few days after the status update).

Hope that helps :)

lawschoolgal12

Postby lawschoolgal12 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:35 pm

anyone know when they usually start giving responses to deferred ED applicants? or when they start to re-review? have any deffered EDers heard anything? thanks!

quaker10

Postby quaker10 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:43 pm

lawschoolgal12 wrote:anyone know when they usually start giving responses to deferred ED applicants? or when they start to re-review? have any deffered EDers heard anything? thanks!

Haven't heard anything, and based on last year's threads, don't believe we will until around April

MikeTheWilliams

Postby MikeTheWilliams » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Not to go too off topic but I'm currently eating delicious Vietnamese food from Saigon Shack which is about a block away from Vanderbilt Hall. Reason enough for wanting to go to NYU!
omnomnomnom

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:06 pm

FYI in case you missed it, somebody with a November UR got in yesterday. There's still hope :mrgreen:

horrorbusiness

Postby horrorbusiness » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:41 pm

i've been UR since 11/22, and no DLS or anything yet.

this school is a mega reach for me, 3.4/167/mexican.

i'm thinking now would be a good time to send an LOCI, right? or is a why NYU preferable?

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:

FYI in case you missed it, somebody with a November UR got in yesterday. There's still hope :mrgreen:

didn't see that. Tso excite!

numbers?

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:11 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:

didn't see that. Tso excite!

numbers?

It was this person

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=82044

Back on page 115 as well

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”