NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:49 pm

UR Today. nervous/excited. NYU is my #1 at this point!

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby snehpets » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:49 pm

explorergirl wrote:Hello all! I'm new here, so forgive me for not looking back though 109 pages for an answer. But I applied in the first week of December, received my status checker immediately, but have since seen nothing change (it still says "application being processed). Does this mean it's still incomplete and should I call to see if anything is wrong? I was hoping to hear back soon, but it's looking like I'm in for a long wait... :?


It's hard to say, because you go straight from being processed to being under review. People with amazing numbers generally go UR faster, so if your numbers are more median and below it might take you longer. However, I think a significant number around your submit date have gone UR and heard back (if accepted), so it probably wouldn't be a horrible idea to just make sure they have everything. Worst case scenario you get the peace of mind. Good luck!

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Lawbro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm getting a little bit worried about NYU. I'm not even under review yet and when I check lawschool numbers they already have probably over 300 green dots. How can there possibly still be enough room for me?

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Lawbro wrote:I'm getting a little bit worried about NYU. I'm not even under review yet and when I check lawschool numbers they already have probably over 300 green dots. How can there possibly still be enough room for me?



:cry:

I don't even have a status checker yet.

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Lawbro » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
Lawbro wrote:I'm getting a little bit worried about NYU. I'm not even under review yet and when I check lawschool numbers they already have probably over 300 green dots. How can there possibly still be enough room for me?



:cry:

I don't even have a status checker yet.


Let's hope our late entrance into the cycle doesn't completely destroy our chances

User avatar
Wonk
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Wonk » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:32 pm

UR today after submitting on 1/5, also had to wait on an undergrad discipline letter that was sent Friday, 3.4/177, but with some unique NYU-specific factors that might make my decision even more unpredictable than these things already are.

Good luck to everybody!

User avatar
avd90
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby avd90 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 pm

I want in so badly. NYU is officially my #1. BAH please let me be in NY

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:33 pm

avd90 wrote:I want in so badly. NYU is officially my #1. BAH please let me be in NY


+1000

User avatar
Quan292
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 2:03 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Quan292 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:50 pm

UR today also NYU is and have always been my #1 choice. It is a huge reach but I hope I hear some good news some time soon.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:52 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
avd90 wrote:I want in so badly. NYU is officially my #1. BAH please let me be in NY


+1000


That's the problem. 1000 people who choose NYU as #1 and not enough seats.


It's a reach for me, but not THAT much of a reach. I hate that I applied so late.

Pt324
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Pt324 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:38 am

Is anyone else stuck on ur 1/9? I'm getting nervous it's been far too long for an acceptancw

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Lawbro » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:56 am

Finally under review. 170/3.8 do you guys think I stand a chance?

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby luxxe » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Pt324 wrote:Is anyone else stuck on ur 1/9? I'm getting nervous it's been far too long for an acceptancw


Seriously? It has been two weeks.

Pt324
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Pt324 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:34 pm

luxxe wrote:
Pt324 wrote:Is anyone else stuck on ur 1/9? I'm getting nervous it's been far too long for an acceptancw


Seriously? It has been two weeks.


According to LSN, most of the RD acceptances this cycle occur very rapidly, especially in the new year. Furthermore, many of the recent acceptances within this thread have been well within 2 weeks. It seems likely that as the length of time UR increases, the chances of acceptance decrease.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
avd90 wrote:I want in so badly. NYU is officially my #1. BAH please let me be in NY


+1000


That's the problem. 1000 people who choose NYU as #1 and not enough seats.



True say.

User avatar
mikeylikesit
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby mikeylikesit » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Pt324 wrote:
luxxe wrote:
Pt324 wrote:Is anyone else stuck on ur 1/9? I'm getting nervous it's been far too long for an acceptancw


Seriously? It has been two weeks.


According to LSN, most of the RD acceptances this cycle occur very rapidly, especially in the new year. Furthermore, many of the recent acceptances within this thread have been well within 2 weeks. It seems likely that as the length of time UR increases, the chances of acceptance decrease.


I wouldn't worry too much. There were tons of admits 1/5-1/12, and then very little movement since then.

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Yeshia90 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Lawbro wrote:Finally under review. 170/3.8 do you guys think I stand a chance?


Do you want to hear the truth, or something that will make you feel good?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

(although in this cycle, I wouldn't be THAT shocked)

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
Lawbro wrote:Finally under review. 170/3.8 do you guys think I stand a chance?


Do you want to hear the truth, or something that will make you feel good?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

(although in this cycle, I wouldn't be THAT shocked)


Plenty of people in the 3.8/170 range have gotten in, and even a 3.7/170 is reporting on LSN. I think you have a decent shot, Lawbro, provided your PS/resume/etc is decent.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Killingly wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
Lawbro wrote:Finally under review. 170/3.8 do you guys think I stand a chance?


Do you want to hear the truth, or something that will make you feel good?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

(although in this cycle, I wouldn't be THAT shocked)


Plenty of people in the 3.8/170 range have gotten in, and even a 3.7/170 is reporting on LSN. I think you have a decent shot, Lawbro, provided your PS/resume/etc is decent.

you're so optimistic for everyone except yourself :mrgreen:

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:26 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
Killingly wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
Lawbro wrote:Finally under review. 170/3.8 do you guys think I stand a chance?


Do you want to hear the truth, or something that will make you feel good?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

(although in this cycle, I wouldn't be THAT shocked)


Plenty of people in the 3.8/170 range have gotten in, and even a 3.7/170 is reporting on LSN. I think you have a decent shot, Lawbro, provided your PS/resume/etc is decent.

you're so optimistic for everyone except yourself :mrgreen:


Well I have a laughable GPA and no fancy LSAT score to back it up. If NYU accepted both of us, we'd average to a 3.5/173 - which I think is a pretty good deal.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Killingly wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
Killingly wrote:
Plenty of people in the 3.8/170 range have gotten in, and even a 3.7/170 is reporting on LSN. I think you have a decent shot, Lawbro, provided your PS/resume/etc is decent.

you're so optimistic for everyone except yourself :mrgreen:


Well I have a laughable GPA and no fancy LSAT score to back it up. If NYU accepted both of us, we'd average to a 3.5/173 - which I think is a pretty good deal.

works for me!!!!!!

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Any other held EDers hear back? Starting to lose hope....

ChillLaw
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ChillLaw » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:32 pm

So does anyone who is passed over initially ever get accepted? I've been under review for months...are chances like 5-10% now or 0?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:35 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:Any other held EDers hear back? Starting to lose hope....


I think we'll hear back towards April. I wish held ED decisions were made at NYU like they are at BU/GW/NU...

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Killingly wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:Any other held EDers hear back? Starting to lose hope....


I think we'll hear back towards April. I wish held ED decisions were made at NYU like they are at BU/GW/NU...


so they wait until the class is 99.999% filled to look at us again? arggggh, kill me now!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”