NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
amc987

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby amc987 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Congrats to the new admits!! Glad NYU got another batch of acceptances in before the holiday break!

wendys27

Postby wendys27 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:54 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:In via phone call!

UR 11/22

What were your numbers?

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:16 pm

IIIIIINNNNNNNN via phone call
Still can't believe it!!!

edit: UR 11/18
Last edited by Unagi on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seanPtheB

Postby seanPtheB » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Just now had an opportunity to check my status checker: DLS and in via ASW! Congrats to everyone else who heard good news today and glgl to everyone else.

edit: UR 12/2

djkrish

Postby djkrish » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:31 pm

so this is a little random... but i just realized i never got an email with status checker info. I submitted in beginning of december. how long does it take to get the email?

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:41 pm

great day! Congratulations! :D

lsatcrazy

Postby lsatcrazy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:58 pm

In via ASW.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Grats to everyone in today, must be a great Christmas gift, especially for those with their first acceptance being a T6. Anyone from the 12/7 UR batch hear back yet?

Edit: Ok what the fuck. Did I just have a premonition or did "thatkid" not write a post? I was responding back to you and now everything like reverted back to five minutes ago.

Or maybe........psychic turning I?
Last edited by hyakku on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smokeylarue

Postby smokeylarue » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:52 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
dakure wrote:Here's the document btw:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... c&hl=en_US

Edited form with the submission date field:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... c6MQ#gid=0

Congrats new admits! Let's keep this thing updated!

thatkid

Postby thatkid » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:59 pm

hyakku wrote:Grats to everyone in today, must be a great Christmas gift, especially for those with their first acceptance being a T6. Anyone from the 12/7 UR batch hear back yet?

Edit: Ok what the fuck. Did I just have a premonition or did "thatkid" not write a post? I was responding back to you and now everything like reverted back to five minutes ago.

Haha, I did write a post, but it was incorrect. I originally said I was in the 12/7 batch in response to your question, but then I realized I was an entire month off. I edited my post to reflect this mistake, and then decided to just delete it, as nothing useful was left in the original post. It's been a long day. My apologies.

In other news, congratulations to everyone who was admitted today! I hope the rest of you hear soon.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:00 pm

thatkid wrote:
hyakku wrote:Grats to everyone in today, must be a great Christmas gift, especially for those with their first acceptance being a T6. Anyone from the 12/7 UR batch hear back yet?

Haha, I did write a post, but it was incorrect. I originally said I was in the 12/7 batch in response to your question, but then I realized I was an entire month off. I edited my post to reflect this mistake, and then decided to just delete it, as nothing useful was left in the original post. It's been a long day. My apologies.

In other news, congratulations to everyone who was admitted today! I hope the rest of you hear soon.

Damnit man. You couldn't have just let me continue believing God had left Teebow for me?

chan12

Postby chan12 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 pm

I checked my status and it says decision letter sent, but I can't login into Admitted Students. Is that the ASW everybody's talking about?

lawschool899

Postby lawschool899 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:21 pm

im gonna assume WL at this point 11/30 UR, still no mailing address on my status checker?

MyLegendLives

Postby MyLegendLives » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:46 pm

I've got a question for all of the admits, as I'm pretty shocked that I haven't heard anything about my application yet. Are any of the applicants who have been admitted people who applied for the RTK scholarship or AnBryce Scholarship, or any of the other scholarships? And if so, are any of you moving on to the next phase of the scholarship process? I only ask because I wonder if my applying for a scholarship is delaying a decision on my application.

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 am

MyLegendLives wrote:I've got a question for all of the admits, as I'm pretty shocked that I haven't heard anything about my application yet. Are any of the applicants who have been admitted people who applied for the RTK scholarship or AnBryce Scholarship, or any of the other scholarships? And if so, are any of you moving on to the next phase of the scholarship process? I only ask because I wonder if my applying for a scholarship is delaying a decision on my application.

I applied for the Furman. No word about that part of the app, but I did get the acceptance.

Zelda

Postby Zelda » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 am

lawschool899 wrote:im gonna assume WL at this point 11/30 UR, still no mailing address on my status checker?

I am in the same scenario, and I wouldn't assume WL yet! Some people who heard today went complete a few weeks ago, and groups of those people heard during the first round.

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:07 am

Zelda wrote:
lawschool899 wrote:im gonna assume WL at this point 11/30 UR, still no mailing address on my status checker?

I am in the same scenario, and I wouldn't assume WL yet! Some people who heard today went complete a few weeks ago, and groups of those people heard during the first round.

Don't loose hope guys!!
I got my phone call yesterday and I was under review since 11/18!
I answered the phone in my own language (it didn't show the number on my phone!) and when I heard the person speaking english I panicked! When he said he was from NYU I screamed "Oh My God!!!" Then I shut up because I thought maybe he was just calling to ask something about my application. When he said I was in I could not believe it, I kept saying "thank you, thank you!".
He asked if I had any questions and I said I couldn't think of anyone at that moment. When I hung up I started crying and laughing like a crazy person in the middle of the street. So take your phones with you all the time!!!
And about the scholarship thing, I applied for one but did not hear anything about it yet.

rachelwang712

Postby rachelwang712 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:14 am

Unagi wrote:Don't loose hope guys!!
I answered the phone in my own language (it didn't show the number on my phone!) and when I heard the person speaking english I panicked! When he said he was from NYU I screamed "Oh My God!!!" Then I shut up because I thought maybe he was just calling to ask something about my application. When he said I was in I could not believe it, I kept saying "thank you, thank you!".
He asked if I had any questions and I said I couldn't think of anyone at that moment. When I hung up I started crying and laughing like a crazy person in the middle of the street. So take your phones with you all the time!!!
And about the scholarship thing, I applied for one but did not hear anything about it yet.

Just out of curiosity, are you from Japan? Yes, it is a guess based on your username. I hv spent one year in Tokyo so it is really great to meet someone from that country here or maybe NYU next year? :D :D

Unagi

Postby Unagi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:29 am

rachelwang712 wrote:
Unagi wrote:Don't loose hope guys!!

Just out of curiosity, are you from Japan? Yes, it is a guess based on your username. I hv spent one year in Tokyo so it is really great to meet someone from that country here or maybe NYU next year? :D :D

pm!

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:41 am

Under review- let's hope for some good news post christmas.

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:09 am

MyLegendLives wrote:I've got a question for all of the admits, as I'm pretty shocked that I haven't heard anything about my application yet. Are any of the applicants who have been admitted people who applied for the RTK scholarship or AnBryce Scholarship, or any of the other scholarships? And if so, are any of you moving on to the next phase of the scholarship process? I only ask because I wonder if my applying for a scholarship is delaying a decision on my application.

I applied for RTK, and got accepted maybe 2 weeks ago. From what I gather, upon acceptance your entire application is sent to the particular scholarship committee, and (in the case of the RTK) they start looking at them in January, select finalists in February, and interview them in March.

BrunetteElle

Postby BrunetteElle » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:18 am

i submitted right before halloween, last status date is 11/11 .. i'm RD. it's a huge reach for me. i wish i would hear regardless before the holidays though, but looks like i probably won't...

Elendil

Postby Elendil » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed recently, but when does scholarship info typically go out?

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:20 pm

Applied for AnBryce. Accepted with the first batch of RD admits. I don't think applying for scholarships matters w/r/t timing of decisions but I stand corrected.

freestallion

Postby freestallion » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:

Applied for AnBryce. Accepted with the first batch of RD admits. I don't think applying for scholarships matters w/r/t timing of decisions but I stand corrected.

+1. Applied to RTK and IILJ. Accepted in the first batch. I doubt that makes a difference, since they only review your scholarship information/essays after you are accepted (not along with your application for admission).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”