NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby sea15 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Just got the purple envelope! Got the call a few days ago, but nice to get it in writing!

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby law2015 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Strange wrote:So are we feeling good for RD decisions today? Been awhile...


I think its definitely going to be either today or tomorrow, we have an hour to see!

User avatar
lawschool899
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby lawschool899 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:57 pm

law2015 wrote:
Strange wrote:So are we feeling good for RD decisions today? Been awhile...


I think its definitely going to be either today or tomorrow, we have an hour to see!


i feel like it should be today. RD hasn't heard anything since last wednesday..

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:59 pm

I haven't been keeping up with the NYU board - have there been RD decisions yet?

User avatar
Champion
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Champion » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Is it pretty safe to give up hope if I don't hear anything from NYU this week as an RD with a 10/25 submit date. Ive been stuck on 11/7 and people who've applied around my date and after through RD have been accepted.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby luxxe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:00 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the NYU board - have there been RD decisions yet?

Yeah, a lot of them.

:cry:

And champion.... no.

Kimberly
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Kimberly » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:02 pm

LSAT matters, GPA matters, Softs matter, your entire application matters. I am sure there is certainly a floor for LSAT but it is likely in the low to mid 160s rather than as high as some of you fear. I got in first round of accepts with 168/3.68. If you are still under review, you haven't been rejected. It is way too early to be discouraged. If you are above the floors of GPA and LSAT and you haven't been rejected, then you are still under consideration until you actually get the ding. As people start accepting their offers at HLS, YLS, SLS, and other schools, you will see more of the sub 170s and lowerish GPAs getting accepted to fill those spots... it takes time for the cream of the crop to self-distribute such that other top law schools know how many other offers to send out. Chill. Please. For your own sanity.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Nelson » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Champion wrote:Is it pretty safe to give up hope if I don't hear anything from NYU this week as an RD with a 10/25 submit date. Ive been stuck on 11/7 and people who've applied around my date and after through RD have been accepted.


I wouldn't give up hope yet. The people who have gotten in RD so far have been numbers locks (well over both medians or well over a 75th). I think apps that are URM/splitter/otherwise unique may be on a different schedule.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:04 pm

luxxe wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the NYU board - have there been RD decisions yet?

Yeah, a lot of them.

:cry:

And champion.... no.

Got it. So does my being UR since 11/11 indicate anything?

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby luxxe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:06 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
luxxe wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the NYU board - have there been RD decisions yet?

Yeah, a lot of them.

:cry:

And champion.... no.

Got it. So does my being UR since 11/11 indicate anything?


Some people have gotten in with UR dates around/after that, but not many. So... no.

tjddk
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby tjddk » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Kimberly wrote:LSAT matters, GPA matters, Softs matter, your entire application matters. I am sure there is certainly a floor for LSAT but it is likely in the low to mid 160s rather than as high as some of you fear. I got in first round of accepts with 168/3.68. If you are still under review, you haven't been rejected. It is way too early to be discouraged. If you are above the floors of GPA and LSAT and you haven't been rejected, then you are still under consideration until you actually get the ding. As people start accepting their offers at HLS, YLS, SLS, and other schools, you will see more of the sub 170s and lowerish GPAs getting accepted to fill those spots... it takes time for the cream of the crop to self-distribute such that other top law schools know how many other offers to send out. Chill. Please. For your own sanity.


this should be a banner across the top of TLS. Well-put.

BrunetteElle
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby BrunetteElle » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:13 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
luxxe wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the NYU board - have there been RD decisions yet?

Yeah, a lot of them.

:cry:

And champion.... no.

Got it. So does my being UR since 11/11 indicate anything?


i've also been UR since 11/11 .. i'm RD as well

User avatar
mithriliel
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby mithriliel » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 pm

I've been UR since 11/14, RD. Fingers crossed for a decision soon!

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby so_fetch » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:37 pm

tjddk wrote:
Kimberly wrote:LSAT matters, GPA matters, Softs matter, your entire application matters. I am sure there is certainly a floor for LSAT but it is likely in the low to mid 160s rather than as high as some of you fear. I got in first round of accepts with 168/3.68. If you are still under review, you haven't been rejected. It is way too early to be discouraged. If you are above the floors of GPA and LSAT and you haven't been rejected, then you are still under consideration until you actually get the ding. As people start accepting their offers at HLS, YLS, SLS, and other schools, you will see more of the sub 170s and lowerish GPAs getting accepted to fill those spots... it takes time for the cream of the crop to self-distribute such that other top law schools know how many other offers to send out. Chill. Please. For your own sanity.


this should be a banner across the top of TLS. Well-put.

haha.. yes, things still need to shake out.

madvillain
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:39 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby madvillain » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:43 pm

.
Last edited by madvillain on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

georgeconstanza
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby georgeconstanza » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Deferred via e-mail just now, after my status for UR changed to 12/19. Should I send a letter of continued interest? I have to say, those sound kind of pointless. I applied ED...of course I'm interested. Why would they need reassurance?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:13 pm

georgeconstanza wrote:Deferred via e-mail just now, after my status for UR changed to 12/19. Should I send a letter of continued interest? I have to say, those sound kind of pointless. I applied ED...of course I'm interested. Why would they need reassurance?


Sorry to hear it. But I'm in the same position. Will remind them in my LOCI that I was ED.

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby curiousgeorgia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:14 pm

georgeconstanza wrote:Deferred via e-mail just now, after my status for UR changed to 12/19. Should I send a letter of continued interest? I have to say, those sound kind of pointless. I applied ED...of course I'm interested. Why would they need reassurance?


It's a letter of continued interest. Once released from the binding ED, some applicants will jump at a chance for $$ at a different school. If NYU is still your #1, no matter what other acceptances you have received while waiting, then a LOCI makes sense.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you! :)

Kbarbosa08
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Kbarbosa08 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:25 pm

I applied RD late in november...should I even expect to hear anything before January or will I probably not hear until mid-late January?

georgeconstanza
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby georgeconstanza » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:39 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
georgeconstanza wrote:Deferred via e-mail just now, after my status for UR changed to 12/19. Should I send a letter of continued interest? I have to say, those sound kind of pointless. I applied ED...of course I'm interested. Why would they need reassurance?


It's a letter of continued interest. Once released from the binding ED, some applicants will jump at a chance for $$ at a different school. If NYU is still your #1, no matter what other acceptances you have received while waiting, then a LOCI makes sense.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you! :)

Thanks! That's great, but couldn't I jump at $ elsewhere even with the letter? They certainly know that, don't they?

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby curiousgeorgia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:47 pm

georgeconstanza wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:
georgeconstanza wrote:Deferred via e-mail just now, after my status for UR changed to 12/19. Should I send a letter of continued interest? I have to say, those sound kind of pointless. I applied ED...of course I'm interested. Why would they need reassurance?


It's a letter of continued interest. Once released from the binding ED, some applicants will jump at a chance for $$ at a different school. If NYU is still your #1, no matter what other acceptances you have received while waiting, then a LOCI makes sense.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you! :)

Thanks! That's great, but couldn't I jump at $ elsewhere even with the letter? They certainly know that, don't they?


Sure, it's non-binding, but for all they know you could have gotten some serious $$ from UVA or the like, and are thinking "screw you, NYU, I'm headed to c-ville!" A LOCI lets them know that you still love them, even if it's taking them a little longer to love you back.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:14 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
georgeconstanza wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:
georgeconstanza wrote:Deferred via e-mail just now, after my status for UR changed to 12/19. Should I send a letter of continued interest? I have to say, those sound kind of pointless. I applied ED...of course I'm interested. Why would they need reassurance?


It's a letter of continued interest. Once released from the binding ED, some applicants will jump at a chance for $$ at a different school. If NYU is still your #1, no matter what other acceptances you have received while waiting, then a LOCI makes sense.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you! :)

Thanks! That's great, but couldn't I jump at $ elsewhere even with the letter? They certainly know that, don't they?


Sure, it's non-binding, but for all they know you could have gotten some serious $$ from UVA or the like, and are thinking "screw you, NYU, I'm headed to c-ville!" A LOCI lets them know that you still love them, even if it's taking them a little longer to love you back.


Law schools are such demanding mistresses :p

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby addy11 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:30 pm

.
Last edited by addy11 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theaether
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby theaether » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:18 pm

just paid for my apps on lsac and sent them in... lol i feel like the slowest/most last of last guys in the world reading through these waiting posts

User avatar
Zelda
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Zelda » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:19 am

Let's hope those of us that went UR 11/30 and later hear some good news today!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”