NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Strange » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Killingly wrote:Aw, thanks everyone! I'm 21, so I'll be celebrating regardless of NYU-news, even though I'd love some movement for people today.

If I get in, I'm buying everyone drinks. For serious.


You just turned 21? Happy birthday 8)

Alec_Hoya
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Alec_Hoya » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:06 pm

I would :lol: :P :o for some ED love today. Happy Birthday!

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby confusedlaw » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

is it worth it to apply now with a 167 3.7?

User avatar
weezer21
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby weezer21 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Processing since 10/30...cause for concern? Should I call?

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Strange » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 pm

confusedlaw wrote:is it worth it to apply now with a 167 3.7?


I saw you in the CLS thread, if you really want to go to these schools you need to re-take. As it is now you are auto-ding unless you're a minority.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 pm

weezer21 wrote:Processing since 10/30...cause for concern? Should I call?


Hmm. Might be worth it for you to call.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby snehpets » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:13 pm

weezer21 wrote:Processing since 10/30...cause for concern? Should I call?


Most people have gone under review that submitted when you did it seems like. You might call and see if they're missing something from you, especially if you're ED.

Also, I want you guys to all get in today!!

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby law2015 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Killingly wrote:Aw, thanks everyone! I'm 21, so I'll be celebrating regardless of NYU-news, even though I'd love some movement for people today.

If I get in, I'm buying everyone drinks. For serious.


Happy birthday!!

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby law2015 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Strange wrote:
law2015 wrote:
Strange wrote:
law2015 wrote:Hopefully today we will see another wave of acceptances!


+1 hopefully they finish all early-to-mid November people today :oops:


Hope so too. I went under review on 11/07 and am getting worried now. This thread has completely died out since yesterday.


You have good numbers so that makes me hopeful. I'm 11/16 UR.

On LSN there's three people who got in with 3.3-3.4's and 172+ so that should give us hope... though a couple were ED


Yeah, NYU seems to like applicants with 172+ lsat. I guess we have another hour or so to wait to find out if today is going to have any movement.

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby cactuarX3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:00 pm

barely even 2 PM and I'm losing hope...

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:01 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:barely even 2 PM and I'm losing hope...


I saw this thread got bumped, as your username and FREAKED OUT.

Then I realized that nothing happened. Sad.

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby cactuarX3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Killingly wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:barely even 2 PM and I'm losing hope...


I saw this thread got bumped, as your username and FREAKED OUT.

Then I realized that nothing happened. Sad.


I really don't want to believe that they're done with ED....

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:08 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
Killingly wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:barely even 2 PM and I'm losing hope...


I saw this thread got bumped, as your username and FREAKED OUT.

Then I realized that nothing happened. Sad.


I really don't want to believe that they're done with ED....


They can't be.

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby quaker10 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:11 pm

UR date changed again to 12/15
This can't be good

jmets890
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby jmets890 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:11 pm

hey killingly, did they update your LOR today? because if they didn't, maybe theres still hope for today...

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:12 pm

quaker10 wrote:UR date changed again to 12/15
This can't be good


Same. Looks like we're being rolled to RD. ED applicants who went UR twice last year were rolled.

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby quaker10 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Yea - I saw this coming from a mile away. Now, to dealing with accepting it.
Or maybe it's even a ding.

Killingly wrote:
quaker10 wrote:UR date changed again to 12/15
This can't be good


Same. Looks like we're being rolled to RD. ED applicants who went UR twice last year were rolled.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:14 pm

jmets890 wrote:hey killingly, did they update your LOR today? because if they didn't, maybe theres still hope for today...


I didn't have a LOR to update (though I did have one last month). LSAC told me then that NYU updates on the 15th. Did you update to the 15th too?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:15 pm

quaker10 wrote:Yea - I saw this coming from a mile away. Now, to dealing with accepting it.
Or maybe it's even a ding.

Killingly wrote:
quaker10 wrote:UR date changed again to 12/15
This can't be good


Same. Looks like we're being rolled to RD. ED applicants who went UR twice last year were rolled.


Dings got a DLS if I remember correctly.

jmets890
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby jmets890 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Killingly wrote:
jmets890 wrote:hey killingly, did they update your LOR today? because if they didn't, maybe theres still hope for today...


I didn't have a LOR to update (though I did have one last month). LSAC told me then that NYU updates on the 15th. Did you update to the 15th too?



yup. under review 12/15. that's no fun.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:17 pm

jmets890 wrote:
Killingly wrote:
jmets890 wrote:hey killingly, did they update your LOR today? because if they didn't, maybe theres still hope for today...


I didn't have a LOR to update (though I did have one last month). LSAC told me then that NYU updates on the 15th. Did you update to the 15th too?



yup. under review 12/15. that's no fun.


They seriously only did ONE round of ED admits? I can't believe they're rolling all of us. Maybe they're just looking at ED apps today?

jmets890
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby jmets890 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Killingly wrote:
jmets890 wrote:
Killingly wrote:
jmets890 wrote:hey killingly, did they update your LOR today? because if they didn't, maybe theres still hope for today...


I didn't have a LOR to update (though I did have one last month). LSAC told me then that NYU updates on the 15th. Did you update to the 15th too?



yup. under review 12/15. that's no fun.


They seriously only did ONE round of ED admits? I can't believe they're rolling all of us. Maybe they're just looking at ED apps today?


doesn't seem like theyve ever done that before, but who knows. they have definitely switched it up a ton this cycle between phone calls, ASW, etc...

soriano329
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby soriano329 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:19 pm

.
Last edited by soriano329 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:22 pm

soriano329 wrote:Just updated to 12/15. With my numbers, I'm feeling a roll at best. Very surprised they did only one wave of DLS for ED'ers though.


Where's Timothy? I can't believe he isn't getting in with his outrageous LSAT score.

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby cactuarX3 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:25 pm

mine hasn't updated to UR 12/15 so far, but i think that's more of a bad sign than a good one




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, Exabot [Bot] and 7 guests