NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Nelson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Killingly wrote:
indigomachine wrote:
Nelson wrote:
indigomachine wrote:Don't hate me, but if I had to hedge bets, I'd say y'all are gonna start getting movement on Tuesday. Seems to have been a big date for them this year... When they update status checkers / when first round of ED acceptances got in.

Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone gets in Monday, but that's just my 0.02.


I dunno, I got my checker on a Monday and went UR on a Thursday. And at least one person got in ED on Wednesday. I dunno if I buy the Tuesday theory.

But it's as good as any other considering how unlike past cycles NYU has been.


Wait, did someone get in on Wednesday or just post on Wednesday? I totally missed this haha. (though I am pretty sure you're the first Monday status checker I've heard of on here)


I assumed that Wednesday person was trolling.


Could have been. Seemed like a pretty subtle troll though.

I'm OK with NYUesday.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby crumpledq » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:11 pm

Nelson wrote:
I'm OK with NYUesday.


I see what you did there :lol:

In response to those who wanted to know if I (alumni call person) could log into the ASW, the answer is no. IIRC those who could log in experienced a status update first? I haven't had one of those, either. Just the call to my mom on Tuesday.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Nelson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:13 pm

crumpledq wrote:
Nelson wrote:
I'm OK with NYUesday.


I see what you did there :lol:


I used that pun this Tuesday and they released ED decisions so I'll be beating that into the ground next week.

User avatar
jetissent
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby jetissent » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Maybe they held off because they knew Penn and Yale were releasing answers today and knew if they did too TLS servers would be down for hours.

jellybean8
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby jellybean8 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:27 pm

jetissent wrote:Maybe they held off because they knew Penn and Yale were releasing answers today and knew if they did too TLS servers would be down for hours.


And, once again, Penn and Yale accepted EDers-->withdraw from NYU

= more spaces for us RDers?? :D

Edit- actually, probably not. I keep assuming that decisions get sent as soon as they're made. But I guess our decisions would have been made awhile ago, just takes awhile to get sent back to us!

hdsoc
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby hdsoc » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:07 pm

FYI, I live in NYC, was accepted on Tuesday and received my admissions packet today so others should be receiving theirs soon too.

Now I guess it's time to withdraw my other applications, since I have the acceptance in writing.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:11 pm

jellybean8 wrote:
jetissent wrote:Maybe they held off because they knew Penn and Yale were releasing answers today and knew if they did too TLS servers would be down for hours.


And, once again, Penn and Yale accepted EDers-->withdraw from NYU

= more spaces for us RDers?? :D

Edit- actually, probably not. I keep assuming that decisions get sent as soon as they're made. But I guess our decisions would have been made awhile ago, just takes awhile to get sent back to us!

not a thing

User avatar
Sh@keNb@ke
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:54 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:16 pm

So do we expect RD decisions to come out on the 13th like last cycle?

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Take Two » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:23 pm

Hello NYU thread missed being here for the 2pm freak out but missed even more the a decision letter sent status update. sigh. :shock:

User avatar
Danny Mothers
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Danny Mothers » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:03 am

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:So do we expect RD decisions to come out on the 13th like last cycle?


I think that last cycle RD and ED both started on the 3rd, so nobody really knows what to expect at this point.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ahduth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:06 am

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Does the NYU ASW work the same way as Michigan's?


Are you asking about admittance or the actual ASW? I wasn't admitted to Michigan, but NYU's ASWs are scheduled to overlap with Columbia's. I found NYU's much better (how often do you get to sit in a room with Marty Lipton?).

If it's an admissions decision thing, just pound the website, and if it let's you in, you should be in if last year is any indication.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:42 am

ahduth wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Does the NYU ASW work the same way as Michigan's?


Are you asking about admittance or the actual ASW? I wasn't admitted to Michigan, but NYU's ASWs are scheduled to overlap with Columbia's. I found NYU's much better (how often do you get to sit in a room with Marty Lipton?).

If it's an admissions decision thing, just pound the website, and if it let's you in, you should be in if last year is any indication.

He's referring to the admitted student site. The biggest difference between NYU's and Mich's is that NYU (as far as we know) updates your status checker to DLS when you are admitted.

also, this has been posted two or three times in the last 10 pages. Please at least make a cursory effort to search

User avatar
indigomachine
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby indigomachine » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Iz purple up in here. Post marked 12/7

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:23 pm

indigomachine wrote:Iz purple up in here. Post marked 12/7


That's AWESOME! :) Congrats! :D

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:26 pm

indigomachine wrote:Iz purple up in here. Post marked 12/7

:|







i hate choo






not really

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ahduth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:39 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
ahduth wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Does the NYU ASW work the same way as Michigan's?


Are you asking about admittance or the actual ASW? I wasn't admitted to Michigan, but NYU's ASWs are scheduled to overlap with Columbia's. I found NYU's much better (how often do you get to sit in a room with Marty Lipton?).

If it's an admissions decision thing, just pound the website, and if it let's you in, you should be in if last year is any indication.

He's referring to the admitted student site. The biggest difference between NYU's and Mich's is that NYU (as far as we know) updates your status checker to DLS when you are admitted.

also, this has been posted two or three times in the last 10 pages. Please at least make a cursory effort to search


Yeah, it does update when the letter gets sent. And what the hell was I supposed to search for? His question was about ASW which made no sense in this context? Lose the attitude.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby snehpets » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:45 pm

ahduth wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
ahduth wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Does the NYU ASW work the same way as Michigan's?


Are you asking about admittance or the actual ASW? I wasn't admitted to Michigan, but NYU's ASWs are scheduled to overlap with Columbia's. I found NYU's much better (how often do you get to sit in a room with Marty Lipton?).

If it's an admissions decision thing, just pound the website, and if it let's you in, you should be in if last year is any indication.

He's referring to the admitted student site. The biggest difference between NYU's and Mich's is that NYU (as far as we know) updates your status checker to DLS when you are admitted.

also, this has been posted two or three times in the last 10 pages. Please at least make a cursory effort to search


Yeah, it does update when the letter gets sent. And what the hell was I supposed to search for? His question was about ASW which made no sense in this context? Lose the attitude.


I think maybe he was referring to the original poster.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby ahduth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

snehpets wrote:I think maybe he was referring to the original poster.


Oh. Sorry. Finals are getting (got) to me a long time ago.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:47 pm

snehpets wrote:
I think maybe he was referring to the original poster.


Nonetheless, he should lose the attitude.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:52 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:
snehpets wrote:
I think maybe he was referring to the original poster.


Nonetheless, he should lose the attitude.

:roll:

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:55 pm

ahduth wrote:
snehpets wrote:I think maybe he was referring to the original poster.


Oh. Sorry. Finals are getting (got) to me a long time ago.

it's cool dude. yeah, I didn't mean you.

User avatar
Moomoo2u
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 3:38 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Moomoo2u » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:29 pm

in baby

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby curiouscat » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Wow, congrats!! That's amazing. Did you hear back just now? ED?

User avatar
RonnyDworkin
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby RonnyDworkin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:44 pm

Got my purple envelope today with handwritten note! Keep up the faith guys! Hopefully more people will hear on Monday/Tuesday.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Take Two » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Congrats, thats pretty exciting!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, potatocowpower and 2 guests