NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
fingerscrossedxx

Silver
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Yeah, I don't think anything is going to happen today.... This is going to be a loooooong weekend.


+1 The only way I was able to get through last weekend was telling myself that decisions might start Monday. I got through Monday and Tuesday thinking, it will at least be Wednesday. By Thursday I was SURE it had to be Friday. Now, well now I just don't know. Life doesn't make sense anymore.

I think it/s time to get off TLS for a little bit :p

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce

Silver
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Just got on hold, listening to classical music

snehpets

Silver
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby snehpets » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:48 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Yeah, I don't think anything is going to happen today.... This is going to be a loooooong weekend.


+1 The only way I was able to get through last weekend was telling myself that decisions might start Monday. I got through Monday and Tuesday thinking, it will at least be Wednesday. By Thursday I was SURE it had to be Friday. Now, well now I just don't know. Life doesn't make sense anymore.

I think it/s time to get off TLS for a little bit :p



This is my life.

User avatar
Perdevise

Bronze
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Perdevise » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Three Goolge-targeted advertisements on my browser:

Alzheimer's or Dementia?
Learn the important differences between Alzheimer's & Dementia.
http://www.JohnsHopkinsHealthAlerts.com
Top 5 Depression Symptoms
How Can I Know If Im Depressed? Research The Top 5 Symptoms Today!
dailylife.com
Cooley Law School
Ample Aid & Flexible Scheduling We Make Law School Work For You!
Cooley.edu

Not a good sign.

User avatar
JamMasterJ

Platinum
Posts: 6657
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Perdevise wrote:Three Goolge-targeted advertisements on my browser:

Alzheimer's or Dementia?
Learn the important differences between Alzheimer's & Dementia.
http://www.JohnsHopkinsHealthAlerts.com
Top 5 Depression Symptoms
How Can I Know If Im Depressed? Research The Top 5 Symptoms Today!
dailylife.com
Cooley Law School
Ample Aid & Flexible Scheduling We Make Law School Work For You!
Cooley.edu

Not a good sign.

there's a high correlation between the first two and the last

User avatar
Killingly

Silver
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:Just got on hold, listening to classical music


I was on hold with them for over 20 minutes once. Stick it out.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce

Silver
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:57 pm

NYU admissions lady was completely useless:

Admissions operator: "we send them out when we make decisions, there isn't any set timeline. we send them out anywhere from now until april."

Me: "But ED decisions were sent out this Tuesday, and decisions in previous years came out around this time. Do you guys have a date you're aiming for?"

Admissions operator: repeat above

User avatar
Nelson

Gold
Posts: 2058
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Nelson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:NYU admissions lady was completely useless:

Admissions operator: "we send them out when we make decisions, there isn't any set timeline. we send them out anywhere from now until april."

Me: "But ED decisions were sent out this Tuesday, and decisions in previous years came out around this time. Do you guys have a date you're aiming for?"

Admissions operator: repeat above


I hate admissions offices.

User avatar
Killingly

Silver
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Last year rejections started to go out around the 15th, but there had already been 3-4 batches of acceptances by then.

NYU timeline frustrates me.

curiousgeorgia

Bronze
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby curiousgeorgia » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm going to be in ny tomorrow, I wish adcomms worked on weekends so I could go in there and encourage them to speed up the process:)

User avatar
icedflames

Bronze
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby icedflames » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:NYU admissions lady was completely useless:

Admissions operator: "we send them out when we make decisions, there isn't any set timeline. we send them out anywhere from now until april."

Me: "But ED decisions were sent out this Tuesday, and decisions in previous years came out around this time. Do you guys have a date you're aiming for?"

Admissions operator: repeat above


I'm hoping for some RD acceptances on Monday to start the week off well
Last edited by icedflames on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Strange

Silver
Posts: 740
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Strange » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Well this means we will for sure hear on Monday....

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce

Silver
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Strange wrote:Well this means we will for sure hear on Monday....


inb4 we all go crazy because nothing happens on Monday.

User avatar
Nelson

Gold
Posts: 2058
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Nelson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Strange wrote:Well this means we will for sure hear on Monday....


:lol:

User avatar
curiouscat

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby curiouscat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:10 pm

So NYU definitely doesn't do weekend acceptances, right?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5

Silver
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Does the NYU ASW work the same way as Michigan's?

User avatar
Killingly

Silver
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:
Strange wrote:Well this means we will for sure hear on Monday....


inb4 we all go crazy because nothing happens on Monday.


They only have 15 more opportunities to tell me if I'm in or not, so something had better happen soon.

User avatar
luxxe

Silver
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby luxxe » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Does the NYU ASW work the same way as Michigan's?


Everyone (that I have seen) has had a status change when they could log into ASW. No one without a status change has been able to log in.

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce

Silver
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:34 pm

2pm Monday. See everyone here

User avatar
indigomachine

Bronze
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby indigomachine » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Don't hate me, but if I had to hedge bets, I'd say y'all are gonna start getting movement on Tuesday. Seems to have been a big date for them this year... When they update status checkers / when first round of ED acceptances got in.

Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone gets in Monday, but that's just my 0.02.

User avatar
jetissent

Bronze
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:33 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby jetissent » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:43 pm

indigomachine wrote:Don't hate me, but if I had to hedge bets, I'd say y'all are gonna start getting movement on Tuesday. Seems to have been a big date for them this year... When they update status checkers / when first round of ED acceptances got in.

Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone gets in Monday, but that's just my 0.02.



I received my status checker on a Tuesday but last update is UR on a Wednesday. But, I can handle waiting till Tuesday--it wouldn't be half as bad if they'd do what Penn did and tell us when they'll be released.

edit. lol

User avatar
Nelson

Gold
Posts: 2058
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Nelson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:53 pm

indigomachine wrote:Don't hate me, but if I had to hedge bets, I'd say y'all are gonna start getting movement on Tuesday. Seems to have been a big date for them this year... When they update status checkers / when first round of ED acceptances got in.

Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone gets in Monday, but that's just my 0.02.


I dunno, I got my checker on a Monday and went UR on a Thursday. And at least one person got in ED on Wednesday. I dunno if I buy the Tuesday theory.

But it's as good as any other considering how unlike past cycles NYU has been.

User avatar
indigomachine

Bronze
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby indigomachine » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Nelson wrote:
indigomachine wrote:Don't hate me, but if I had to hedge bets, I'd say y'all are gonna start getting movement on Tuesday. Seems to have been a big date for them this year... When they update status checkers / when first round of ED acceptances got in.

Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone gets in Monday, but that's just my 0.02.


I dunno, I got my checker on a Monday and went UR on a Thursday. And at least one person got in ED on Wednesday. I dunno if I buy the Tuesday theory.

But it's as good as any other considering how unlike past cycles NYU has been.


Wait, did someone get in on Wednesday or just post on Wednesday? I totally missed this haha. (though I am pretty sure you're the first Monday status checker I've heard of on here)

User avatar
Killingly

Silver
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby Killingly » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:01 pm

indigomachine wrote:
Nelson wrote:
indigomachine wrote:Don't hate me, but if I had to hedge bets, I'd say y'all are gonna start getting movement on Tuesday. Seems to have been a big date for them this year... When they update status checkers / when first round of ED acceptances got in.

Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone gets in Monday, but that's just my 0.02.


I dunno, I got my checker on a Monday and went UR on a Thursday. And at least one person got in ED on Wednesday. I dunno if I buy the Tuesday theory.

But it's as good as any other considering how unlike past cycles NYU has been.


Wait, did someone get in on Wednesday or just post on Wednesday? I totally missed this haha. (though I am pretty sure you're the first Monday status checker I've heard of on here)


I assumed that Wednesday person was trolling.

User avatar
indigomachine

Bronze
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Postby indigomachine » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Killingly wrote:
indigomachine wrote:
Nelson wrote:
indigomachine wrote:Don't hate me, but if I had to hedge bets, I'd say y'all are gonna start getting movement on Tuesday. Seems to have been a big date for them this year... When they update status checkers / when first round of ED acceptances got in.

Hopefully I'm wrong and everyone gets in Monday, but that's just my 0.02.


I dunno, I got my checker on a Monday and went UR on a Thursday. And at least one person got in ED on Wednesday. I dunno if I buy the Tuesday theory.

But it's as good as any other considering how unlike past cycles NYU has been.


Wait, did someone get in on Wednesday or just post on Wednesday? I totally missed this haha. (though I am pretty sure you're the first Monday status checker I've heard of on here)


I assumed that Wednesday person was trolling.


Oh, just looked, I remember now. I honestly have no idea Killingly. I kind of tend to agree with you on that, but who knows, could be freak incident of there just happening to be more Tuesday admits who happen to use TLS. Either way, if the trend held, Tuesday still looks good, and I really doubt later than Wednesday.

edit: sidenote, lovin the tar Kill



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests