NYU Class of 2015 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
arozen89

New

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Post by arozen89 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:42 pm

I think this may have already been answered, but how long does it usually take for our admissions packets to arrive? I got the call on 2/29 and have not received anything in the West Coast. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 pm

arozen89 wrote:I think this may have already been answered, but how long does it usually take for our admissions packets to arrive? I got the call on 2/29 and have not received anything in the West Coast. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!

Took 6 days for mine (Tues-Mon).

astaris

New

Post by astaris » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:01 pm

boosk wrote:is anyone planning on submitting a request for deferral? or is there anyone that has done so successfully? unsuccessfully?

finally, would anyone be willing to critique and/or exchange deferral requests?

Thanks in advance!
I haven't sorted out mine yet, as I still am not sure which school I'm going to, but I definitely will be deferring and am definitely totally lost on what this entails.

cashew

New

Post by cashew » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:15 pm

arozen89 wrote:I think this may have already been answered, but how long does it usually take for our admissions packets to arrive? I got the call on 2/29 and have not received anything in the West Coast. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!

It took an entire month for mine to come. I'm in Canada, but not very far away.

avd90

Bronze

Post by avd90 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 am

can we get some movement!

edit: in a positive kind of acceptance-laced way?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NYCLegalEagle911

New

Post by NYCLegalEagle911 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 pm

avd90 wrote:can we get some movement!

+1
Pretty please??

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:10 pm

avd90 wrote:can we get some movement!

+1000

AmandaPB

Bronze

Post by AmandaPB » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck, all!

avd90

Bronze

Post by avd90 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:29 pm

hey NYU #callmemaybe?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Munchkin318

New

Post by Munchkin318 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Finally got dinged! I knew it was coming, but it was nice of them to wait a little so I didn`t feel like a total autoding... Glass half full!

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Munchkin318 wrote:Finally got dinged! I knew it was coming, but it was nice of them to wait a little so I didn`t feel like a total autoding... Glass half full!
Email or mail?

horrorbusiness

Silver

Post by horrorbusiness » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:05 pm

sigh, still complete at 11/17!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:37 pm

horrorbusiness wrote:sigh, still complete at 11/17!
I'm at 11/16...yippee

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

avd90

Bronze

Post by avd90 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:44 am

I had a vivid, vivid dream about getting in last night. It was one of those where in my dream I pinched myself and was convinced I was awake and thus thought it was real. Big bummer waking up...

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:17 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:sigh, still complete at 11/17!
I'm at 11/16...yippee
I cannot comprehend why you haven't gotten in yet

HeadToWall

New

Post by HeadToWall » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:43 am

avd90 wrote:I had a vivid, vivid dream about getting in last night. It was one of those where in my dream I pinched myself and was convinced I was awake and thus thought it was real. Big bummer waking up...

Haha, I know what you mean- a week ago I dreamt that I logged into status check and saw a $900 for the seat deposit in the fees owed section. I had to log in to see if it happened...

Sammy841

Bronze

Post by Sammy841 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:11 pm

What's the hold up NYU? I don't want to rush you after 3 months or anything, but we're nearing the end and no news does not feel like good news.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bobbydonnelly

New

Post by bobbydonnelly » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Does anyone have an indication from past years when we can expect to receive responses? Have had no communications since status changed to Under Review in early December.

Just wondering if I should be expecting something soon or if this can drag into April...obviously expecting waitlist at this point.

Thanks!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:49 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote: I'm at 11/16...yippee

I would like to say the same to you, sir. Only multiply that by ten.

HeadToWall

New

Post by HeadToWall » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:27 am

It says decision letter sent today! Freak-out time begins... I thought people were receiving decisions by email, I live overseas and although I am not too confident about my chances, I didn't feel like waiting over a week for the letter to arrive!

Did everyone get decisions by mail? Maybe only the bad decisions?... :?

quaker10

Bronze

Post by quaker10 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:30 am

HeadToWall wrote:It says decision letter sent today! Freak-out time begins... I thought people were receiving decisions by email, I live overseas and although I am not too confident about my chances, I didn't feel like waiting over a week for the letter to arrive!

All acceptances have been sent via mail.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

avd90

Bronze

Post by avd90 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 am

thelawschoolproject wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote: I'm at 11/16...yippee

I would like to say the same to you, sir. Only multiply that by ten.
all via snail mail. What are you status/UR date?

StrictlyBusiness

Bronze

Post by StrictlyBusiness » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:37 am

quaker10 wrote:
HeadToWall wrote:It says decision letter sent today! Freak-out time begins... I thought people were receiving decisions by email, I live overseas and although I am not too confident about my chances, I didn't feel like waiting over a week for the letter to arrive!

My status checker switched to "Decision letter sent" one morning, but I received a phone call within a few hours from the dean of admissions letting me know that I was accepted. I never actually received the snail mail for 6 days.

I have no idea how they handle this for international students, but I have to believe they would at least email you to let you know quickly at this point in the cycle. You can also supposedly log on to the AS Website before hearing anything if you're admitted (though I never was able to before the phone call so don't worry if you can't).

HeadToWall

New

Post by HeadToWall » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:48 am

StrictlyBusiness wrote:
quaker10 wrote:

My status checker switched to "Decision letter sent" one morning, but I received a phone call within a few hours from the dean of admissions letting me know that I was accepted. I never actually received the snail mail for 6 days.

I have no idea how they handle this for international students, but I have to believe they would at least email you to let you know quickly at this point in the cycle. You can also supposedly log on to the AS Website before hearing anything if you're admitted (though I never was able to before the phone call so don't worry if you can't).
Well NYU answered almost as quick as fellow TLSers, and I guess the decision email also constitutes a decision letter... Dinged

Good luck to everyone else, looks like I'll be retaking the LSAT and applying next year since I now realize my 'superior' GPA is meaningless to adcoms without an equally high LSAT. I will give NYU credit though, they had me under review for well over a month before rejecting me, so I trust they really gave consideration to my softs and GPA even though those don't help the school with their ranking.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:49 am

HeadToWall wrote:
StrictlyBusiness wrote:
quaker10 wrote:

Well NYU answered almost as quick as fellow TLSers, and I guess the decision email also constitutes a decision letter... Dinged

Good luck to everyone else, looks like I'll be retaking the LSAT and applying next year since I now realize my 'superior' GPA is meaningless to adcoms without an equally high LSAT. I will give NYU credit though, they had me under review for well over a month before rejecting me, so I trust they really gave consideration to my softs and GPA even though those don't help the school with their ranking.
sorry dude/lady

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”