NYU Class of 2015 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu May 03, 2012 12:55 am

avd90 wrote:just withdrew from the waitlist! so weird... I hope you all get in, but particularly Jam. Kill it, kid.
:mrgreen:

Birdlaw thinks they're really gonna pull from it this year. I hope there's a stack of admits they have waiting for whenever their first wl>admit date is. i also hope killingly, blump, and I are at the top of that stack

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Thu May 03, 2012 12:57 am

JamMasterJ wrote:Birdlaw thinks they're really gonna pull from it this year. I hope there's a stack of admits they have waiting for whenever their first wl>admit date is. i also hope killingly, blump, and I are at the top of that stack
Adding myself in as a I work on an LOCI at midnight. Pretty sure that is an LSAT-heavy group anyway :lol:.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu May 03, 2012 12:59 am

luxxe wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Birdlaw thinks they're really gonna pull from it this year. I hope there's a stack of admits they have waiting for whenever their first wl>admit date is. i also hope killingly, blump, and I are at the top of that stack
Adding myself in as a I work on an LOCI at midnight. Pretty sure that is an LSAT-heavy group anyway :lol:.
obv.

I forgot you were there for a minute :oops: we need you to balance us with that 4.0

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Thu May 03, 2012 1:00 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
avd90 wrote:just withdrew from the waitlist! so weird... I hope you all get in, but particularly Jam. Kill it, kid.

Birdlaw thinks they're really gonna pull from it this year. I hope there's a stack of admits they have waiting for whenever their first wl>admit date is. i also hope killingly, blump, and I are at the top of that stack
Jam, everything sucks, but at least it's nice to have company.

Thing is, NYU used to be my dream school and after visiting, it dropped way down on my list. I'd rather end up at Nu/mich now. at least, without taking employment numbers into account.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu May 03, 2012 1:12 am

Okay. I think I did this right. But I'm not good at maths so don't kill me if I'm wrong.

If NYU takes me, Jam, Blump, and Luxxe we average to a 3.55/173. Extra bump cuz I applied ED.

Yay, we should all get in!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

luxxe

Silver

Post by luxxe » Thu May 03, 2012 1:29 am

Killingly wrote:Okay. I think I did this right. But I'm not good at maths so don't kill me if I'm wrong.

If NYU takes me, Jam, Blump, and Luxxe we average to a 3.55/173. Extra bump cuz I applied ED.

lol, they are better off just taking jam. :(

BUT US ALL GETTING IN SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA. Especially as second deposit deadlines draw near.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu May 03, 2012 2:00 am

luxxe wrote:
Killingly wrote:Okay. I think I did this right. But I'm not good at maths so don't kill me if I'm wrong.

BUT US ALL GETTING IN SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA. Especially as second deposit deadlines draw near.
I think medians are where it's at right now. Kill, are you at or above a median there?
(luxxe and I equal 176/4.0 wrt medians btw)

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:06 am

JamMasterJ wrote:

I still think this, but I'm not as confident as I used to be. One reason is that one of our ASWs had the most attendance of any ASW we've ever had, but that's not necessarily indicative. Also, there are actually more straight accepts so far this cycle than last cycle on LSN. But there are also more WLs. And fewer total applications. Which in total is just a weird dynamic. Probably some mix of LSN growing in use (particularly for stronger applicants) and an increased use of the WL.

Also, last year there were like 13 reported WL/Accepts and 4 reported WL/Rejects. Granted a lot of people don't report whether or not they get rejected after being waitlisted, but there were ~45 that didn't report that they were accepted, rejected, or withdrew.

Basically I feel like you guys are in okay shape. I'm definitely pulling for you guys (obviously I'm still checking up on this thread to look for movement).

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu May 03, 2012 2:10 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

I still think this, but I'm not as confident as I used to be. One reason is that one of our ASWs had the most attendance of any ASW we've ever had, but that's not necessarily indicative. Also, there are actually more straight accepts so far this cycle than last cycle on LSN. But there are also more WLs. And fewer total applications. Which in total is just a weird dynamic. Probably some mix of LSN growing in use (particularly for stronger applicants) and an increased use of the WL.

Also, last year there were like 13 reported WL/Accepts and 4 reported WL/Rejects. Granted a lot of people don't report whether or not they get rejected after being waitlisted, but there were ~45 that didn't report that they were accepted, rejected, or withdrew.

Basically I feel like you guys are in okay shape. I'm definitely pulling for you guys (obviously I'm still checking up on this thread to look for movement).
when are you gonna start spamming the adcomm to let me in, dude?

But really, it's nice to have you around and really cool that you come here to answer our questions and stuff :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
luxxe wrote:

I think medians are where it's at right now. Kill, are you at or above a median there?
Not sure exactly what NYU's numbers are...but I think I'm below both medians. :( Yay for hoping though?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:00 am

Killingly wrote: Not sure exactly what NYU's numbers are...but I think I'm below both medians. :( Yay for hoping though?
I know people that got off the WL with numbers below both medians.
JamMasterJ wrote: when are you gonna start spamming the adcomm to let me in, dude?

But really, it's nice to have you around and really cool that you come here to answer our questions and stuff :mrgreen:
I guess I better get on that since the end of the semester is around the corner.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu May 03, 2012 3:03 am

Killingly wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
luxxe wrote:

Not sure exactly what NYU's numbers are...but I think I'm below both medians. :( Yay for hoping though?
172/3.7x. They may be admitting some people after the medians are secured, at which point it will be more about enthusiasm and the fact that they know you'll come (which is big late in the game)

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu May 03, 2012 3:06 am

Ah, I see. Well, I've pretty much done all I can do in terms of wooing them. I even tried to get an interview to show off my dazzling personality :roll:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu May 03, 2012 3:08 am

Killingly wrote:Ah, I see. Well, I've pretty much done all I can do in terms of wooing them. I even tried to get an interview to show off my dazzling personality :roll:
keep grinding. I think if you're emailing them every couple weeks and it's late July and they need to take someone to fill the class, you have a very real shot.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
Killingly wrote:Ah, I see. Well, I've pretty much done all I can do in terms of wooing them. I even tried to get an interview to show off my dazzling personality :roll:
keep grinding. I think if you're emailing them every couple weeks and it's late July and they need to take someone to fill the class, you have a very real shot.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Good luck to you!

jim-green

Silver

Post by jim-green » Thu May 03, 2012 8:35 am

Blumpbeef wrote:Thing is, NYU used to be my dream school and after visiting, it dropped way down on my list. I'd rather end up at Nu/mich now. at least, without taking employment numbers into account.
Would you mind explaining your above statement more please?

quaker10

Bronze

Post by quaker10 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:01 am

What about me :( ?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Thu May 03, 2012 3:07 pm

quaker10 wrote:

What about me :( ?
Yes! Get in here! We're ALL getting accepted!

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Thu May 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Also pulling for everyone here! (in case you hadn't noticed my perpetual lurker status at the bottom of the page ;))

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Fri May 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Would it be inappropriate to put my LOCI in the body of the e-mail and send it directly to Dean Kleinrock?

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri May 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Killingly wrote:Would it be inappropriate to put my LOCI in the body of the e-mail and send it directly to Dean Kleinrock?
You should hand-deliver fresh flowers every day for a week
Then deliver dead flowers every day for a week

They'll get the message

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Fri May 04, 2012 10:35 pm

dingbat wrote:
Killingly wrote:Would it be inappropriate to put my LOCI in the body of the e-mail and send it directly to Dean Kleinrock?
You should hand-deliver fresh flowers every day for a week
Then deliver dead flowers every day for a week

They'll get the message
You've used this before.

And thanks for the help.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri May 04, 2012 10:56 pm

If you've had dealings with the dean before, it's fine.
If you've never had any contact with kleinrock before, then don't

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat May 05, 2012 12:46 pm

dingbat wrote:If you've had dealings with the dean before, it's fine.
this. Addressing it to him is fine, but if you haven't already dealt directly with him, it's probably best to send it to the general email

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Sat May 05, 2012 3:14 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
dingbat wrote:If you've had dealings with the dean before, it's fine.
this. Addressing it to him is fine, but if you haven't already dealt directly with him, it's probably best to send it to the general email
Okay. I hope they actually read these things.

Congrats, btw!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”