NYU Class of 2015 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chemE_envlaw

New

Re: NYU Class of 2015 Applicants

Post by chemE_envlaw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:22 pm

CommoBlue wrote:Did anyone else get the "Gauging Your Interest" phone call today?
A bunch of people over in the NYU wl thread appear to have.

So far as I know, everyone who got that call on the last wave got an offer 2-4 days later.

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:33 pm

chemE_envlaw wrote:
CommoBlue wrote:Did anyone else get the "Gauging Your Interest" phone call today?
A bunch of people over in the NYU wl thread appear to have.

So far as I know, everyone who got that call on the last wave got an offer 2-4 days later.
Yup. This is gonna be a stressful few days of waiting LOL.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:20 pm

It looks like all but one or two of us were accepted after getting the call. So I guess it's not a guarantee, but a very strong indication nonetheless

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:35 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:It looks like all but one or two of us were accepted after getting the call. So I guess it's not a guarantee, but a very strong indication nonetheless
I guess we can also not know how "interested" certain people sounded when they got the call. I told them I was very interested haha.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:44 pm

thelawyler wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:It looks like all but one or two of us were accepted after getting the call. So I guess it's not a guarantee, but a very strong indication nonetheless
I guess we can also not know how "interested" certain people sounded when they got the call. I told them I was very interested haha.
that's true

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sovereign Snowman

New

Post by Sovereign Snowman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:26 am

Hey everyone,

So I also got that phone call two days ago, and today I got a package in the mail (that had been overnighted) that has "welcome class of 2015" all on the front, with some NYU materials inside (faculty guide, general 'life at NYU' book, NYU law post-its, etc.). However, there was nothing in (or on) the package that explicitly granted me admission (or addressed my application status at all), and I checked my online status and I'm still waitlisted (though the status was only updated on Friday).

Does anyone have any experience with this? I know 9am Monday morning isn't that far away, but I'd like to know if I can start getting excited or if this package is just something else they send everyone, just to remind them how much they want to go to NYU.

Sadists...

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:08 am

Sovereign Snowman wrote:Hey everyone,

So I also got that phone call two days ago, and today I got a package in the mail (that had been overnighted) that has "welcome class of 2015" all on the front, with some NYU materials inside (faculty guide, general 'life at NYU' book, NYU law post-its, etc.). However, there was nothing in (or on) the package that explicitly granted me admission (or addressed my application status at all), and I checked my online status and I'm still waitlisted (though the status was only updated on Friday).

Does anyone have any experience with this? I know 9am Monday morning isn't that far away, but I'd like to know if I can start getting excited or if this package is just something else they send everyone, just to remind them how much they want to go to NYU.

Sadists...
they send them the same day, but the official acceptance letter is sent regular mail and arrives later. You should also be able to access this site and should have "decision letter sent" in your status checker now.

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:50 am

I'd say its a safe bet that you're in. Congrats.

commerceclause

New

Post by commerceclause » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:36 pm

For those who got the call/got in after the "gauging interest" call -- did you all say you would attend if admitted? I am wondering whether it is a dealbreaker to not say that. I.e., you can be as enthusiastic as your heart desires, but anything short of that commitment could hurt. Thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:35 pm

commerceclause wrote:For those who got the call/got in after the "gauging interest" call -- did you all say you would attend if admitted? I am wondering whether it is a dealbreaker to not say that. I.e., you can be as enthusiastic as your heart desires, but anything short of that commitment could hurt. Thoughts?
I did not commit but I said I was still very interested in attending NYU as it has always been one of my very top choices.

Just

Bronze

Post by Just » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:31 am

NYU doesn't ask for a resume?Should we send one?

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:47 pm

I'd say most do.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Just wrote:NYU doesn't ask for a resume?Should we send one?
I think you're looking for the NYU Class of 2016 Applicants thread

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”