General Apology

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ProfitsProphets

General Apology

Postby ProfitsProphets » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Dear TLSers,

First off, I picked the entire forum because I felt that I have interacted with quite a range of users throughout this particular forum (sorry if this is inapplicable to you). But I wanted to apologize for my behavior, which some have labeled me as "trolling," for taking my frustrations with the LSAT out on you. As those readers know, I'm the guy who scored 136 ( and, yes, it's true, I applied to many T-20 schools with my score in 2009 and LEOP (Hastings) in 2010). Basically, I have been confrontational with some, as in at least once but could be more, users, and I misdirecting my emotions towards other applicants that did well on the LSAT. Mind you, I did this for no good reason. My issue is with the LSAT.

What have I learned from this experience? I learned that I had a lot of work to do if I was ever to be seated in a law school classroom. Despite my stellar undergrad performance, I needed to know the intrinsic details of grammar, clauses, and the like. I could no longer rely on my disadvantaged background as an excuse; I needed to spend months learning...English. From front to back I studied the Owl. Now I know all that I needed to know. Now, back to the LSAT.

I just started practicing it again, with more experience - diagramming, techniques, symbolizing. I took a test cold a couple of times recently, scoring a 150 and a 158, and I have been getting studying advice for the next 3 months (retaking 10/1) from various Internet sources, including TLS users. This made one thing clear to me: TLS is a valuable resource. With that said, I apologize. :oops:

As the adage goes: "It's not you, it's me." :D

Magnolia

Re: General Apology

Postby Magnolia » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:48 am

So you were an auto-reject at Hastings after all then?

lalalawya

Postby lalalawya » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:12 pm

I have absolutely no idea who you are, and was unaware that you were the TLS troll, but I just wanted to say congrats on your LSAT jump! That is a huge improvement.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:16 pm

keep at it, and you'll be plenty ready by 10/1

godspeed

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Good luck with the retake.

zonto

Postby zonto » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:14 pm

It takes some real cajones to humble yourself and apologize like that. Best of luck with the rest of your preparation and the October LSAT!

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Post particular questions you have problems with and use the search function for techniques that worked for other people etc. Best of luck.

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Cool.

Good luck.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”