U of Wisconsin vs. Cardozo

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Wisconsin or Cardozo

Poll ended at Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:26 am

U of W
100%
Cardozo
No votes

Total votes: 6

deepfry

U of Wisconsin vs. Cardozo

Postby deepfry » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:05 am

Good evening everyone, I would like to receive input on my situation. I have read a few posts and figured this would be one additional source of input for me to take in. I have currently been admitted to both Wisconsin Law and Cardozo. Both have offered similar aid packages. Wisc is offering 12K and Cardozo 15K. Though Cardozo is more expensive, I have also been awarded their sub. loan which is good deal unless its under a scholarship of course. I guess I have doubts as to the strengths of these schools outside their respective territories. I am interested in working in an international atmosphere, but during my studies I want to be able to have the opportunity to take courses in various fields.

All opinions are welcome. Honesty is best! Thanks
Last edited by deepfry on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danteshek

Re: U of Wisconsin vs. Cardozo

Postby Danteshek » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:08 am

We need more information. Where are you from? Where is your family/network located? Are you American or foreign?

Also, put up a poll.

deepfry

Postby deepfry » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:23 am

I am American and live in South Florida. I have ties in South Florida and have a few contacts in DC, Chicago, and NY; the strongest are in South Florida. So it seems I don't have an upper hand in either locale but sure can build ties quickly. I did visit Cardozo a couple years ago and Wisconsin two weeks ago. They are opposites in many facets, such as the size of the city they are located in, diversity (even though I left surprised at Wisconsin because there was more diversity than expected), and Cardozo's facilities have been renovated. I guess faculty would be most important to me, as well as each school's strength....First time on this site, so I'll get a poll up now.

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:47 am

For what you want neither.

For better life prospects, Wisconsin. And no, I'm not referring to big law. Wisconsin is the best school (out of 2) in its state. Even if you miss big law or equivalent, you are still well poised to get an acceptable job as compared to your counterparts at Cardozo.

Either way, both of these schools will still cost you more than you should be willing to pay for them and neither are good for your career goals. But if you must choose one, go with Wisconsin.

deepfry

Postby deepfry » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:38 am

Thank you for your honesty. My aim is to attend one for a year and then hopefully transfer to where I want to go, though this strategy is certainly not guaranteed because everyone in law school wants to be top of their class, respectively so.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:51 am

Wisconsin actively recruits diverse applicants. Between the two law schools, you need to select the one from which you would be satisfied receiving a degree since planning to transfer after one year is not a good plan.

deepfry

Postby deepfry » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:18 am

And that is currently what I am internally debating Canadian, which of these two schools would I be satisfied with earning a diploma from....I am hoping to speak to recent grads or current students as soon as the weekend is over.

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Did you get into UF or Miami? Unless you have a big scholarship at Wisconsin or Cardozo you should stat close to home.

deepfry

Postby deepfry » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Danteshek wrote:Did you get into UF or Miami? Unless you have a big scholarship at Wisconsin or Cardozo you should stat close to home.

Well, I didn't want to attend Miami and UF didn't work out. If I were to stay local and end up without a scholarship then the cost would be slightly less than if I were to attend either University. My LSAT was avg. and applied to the schools in March. My intention was to retake and apply in Sept./ Oct. like I should have but a few issues in life have delayed this altogether. I did consider UF because they are a good school, this is coming from a Miami alum.

deepfry

Postby deepfry » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Both schools offered generous scholarships, I took UW since they capped tuition at this years rate and it will be nice to watch some college football.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”