Tulane vs Denver Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CinnamonRose

New

Tulane vs Denver

Post by CinnamonRose » Sun May 29, 2011 11:15 am

Small scholarship (Tulane) vs Big Scholarship (Denver)

Currently in Chicago but I have no plans on coming back - and I am fine living/working in either location after law school
nor do I have any interest in BigLaw, Corporate Law, etc...

So on both quality of education and quality of experience, how do these rank?
It seems Tulane offers more rigorous studies and intellectual stimulation but DU offers more $$ and if I am not gunning for biglaw, what factors should matter?

need to decide by June 1

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Re: Tulane vs Denver

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:26 am

What do you want to do?

What's your background?

How much would each cost you?

Tulane is better than Denver. Have you seen the T100 2009 employment statistics thread? Denver's employment outlook is horrible.

theavrock

Silver

Post by theavrock » Sun May 29, 2011 12:12 pm

Was faced with a similar decision, although I didn't end up choosing either school.

I was in love with NOLA and Denver. When it comes down to it, if you knew you wanted to live in Denver I would say go there, but Tulane will give you more options. COL should be roughly similar for both regions if I remember correctly, but Tulane is a little more expensive tuition wise.

Strum is well respected in Denver, but still has to compete with CU. If you do well you won't have an issue getting a job in Denver, but it won't carry past there.

I think someone who places in the top half of their class at Tulane would be better off than someone who places in the same position at Denver, but if your major concern is limiting debt and you know that you could/want to be in Denver I could see you making a case for Denver.

mrwarre85

Silver

Post by mrwarre85 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:09 pm

theavrock wrote:Was faced with a similar decision, although I didn't end up choosing either school.

I was in love with NOLA and Denver. When it comes down to it, if you knew you wanted to live in Denver I would say go there, but Tulane will give you more options. COL should be roughly similar for both regions if I remember correctly, but Tulane is a little more expensive tuition wise.

Strum is well respected in Denver, but still has to compete with CU. If you do well you won't have an issue getting a job in Denver, but it won't carry past there.

I think someone who places in the top half of their class at Tulane would be better off than someone who places in the same position at Denver, but if your major concern is limiting debt and you know that you could/want to be in Denver I could see you making a case for Denver.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”