Please help me decide! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
HNSA15

New

Please help me decide!

Post by HNSA15 » Sat May 21, 2011 3:25 pm

I originally deposited at UCLA, only to be admitted to Harvard a week later. At that point, I would have had to take out about $50k in loans for all three years at UCLA due to a scholarship I received. I decided to attend Harvard and sent in my deposit to Harvard and withdrawal letter to UCLA yesterday. UCLA then immediately called me to offer a full tuition scholarship, including all fees and fee increases for the next 3 years and now I'm STUCK! I believe that the minimum loan I would have to take for Harvard would be $120k, while the max will me $210k (depends on my financial aid offer).

So...do I go to Harvard and incur the huge debt, or do I go to UCLA and graduate completely debt free?

I should also mention that I've lived in Socal my entire life, and live really close to UCLA (went there for undergrad), and my family and long-time boyfriend are here with me, so Harvard would be a huge change for me.

Please let me know what you guys think, I keep going back and forth!!!

Thanks

j12

Bronze

Re: Please help me decide!

Post by j12 » Sat May 21, 2011 4:05 pm

If you want the potential opportunities to Supreme Court Clerk, work in Academia, or definitely want Big Law, go to Harvard.

If you want to stay in SoCal for the foreseeable future and you aren't committed to the above career choices, I think the full ride at UCLA makes sense.

I don't think you can really make a bad decision here.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Sat May 21, 2011 4:10 pm

j12bash wrote:If you want the potential opportunities to Supreme Court Clerk, work in Academia, or definitely want Big Law, go to Harvard.

If you want to stay in SoCal for the foreseeable future and you aren't committed to the above career choices, I think the full ride at UCLA makes sense.

I don't think you can really make a bad decision here.

Can't add much more than the above.

But congratulations!

Gideon Strumpet

Bronze

Post by Gideon Strumpet » Sat May 21, 2011 4:38 pm

This is not a question.

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Sat May 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Didn't we sufficiently answer the same question in the other thread?

HNSA15

New

Post by HNSA15 » Sun May 22, 2011 9:46 pm

dpk711 wrote:Didn't we sufficiently answer the same question in the other thread?

Yes, sorry...I didn't know where it would be more appropriate to post this. Ended up being financial aid. Thank you, though, for all the opinions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”